Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > What did you get done today? -a webcomic thread-
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 days ago, 1:52 AM #141
Some paneling, some sketching.

I wonder about my chair. I kind of want to get a chair that's lower so I'm less hunched over at the desk when i work but i'm sure I would find a way to hunch anyway
12 days ago, 2:25 AM #142
mitchellbravo:Some paneling, some sketching.

I wonder about my chair. I kind of want to get a chair that's lower so I'm less hunched over at the desk when i work but i'm sure I would find a way to hunch anyway

I think what you need is a tilted table (or some kind of tilted drawing surface) of some kind. Some hunching will still result, but it would be less intense than if you were drawing on a surface parallel to the ground.
12 days ago, 2:50 AM #143
Good advice, Maybe that'll be my next art investment. I mean, these days I'm rarely drawing for long enough for it to affect me that badly but I think it would help with my skew as well (possibly).

In other news I color code my word document with my chapter scripts- regular black ink means the scene is ready to go (of course I oten make last minute tweaks when I actually have tha paper in front of me, but it's serviceable for panelling perposes). I use blue ink to denote scenes that are still kind of nebulous. So I figured I'd go through my idea notebook and update some of my blue ink scenes with the ideas I came up with.

There was like two pages that I wrote in total darkness, just one of those ideas that comes to mind and you flip over half asleep to write it down. Well unfortunatley between my already bad personal handwriting, and the darkness leading me to overlap half the lines, a lot of it is gobbledygook that I can't quite decipher. I can get the gist of most of it but man thank god it's not up to somebody else to try to figure it out.

I've been using this ideas notebook since 2011 and it's full now ;; I am excited to start a new one but want to wait til I"m in my new house... (or at least have acess to the box where the unused notebooks are storesd)
12 days ago, 4:40 AM #144
rivaling gator
Timishayd:Wow! Looking good! I can't imagine the time it took you to paint the cover. I hope to be reading your comic soon!

Thank you so much! It is pen and marker and took about three days total (partly though it took longer because the light green I was using dried up and I had to go out to like two stores to find a new one)
12 days ago, 9:48 AM #145
Thankfully I've managed to avoid longer hiatus burnout, which I presumed to be at least 4 months long.
Doin' the long awaited revised character ref sheet and gonna start writing more of the script, for the next NDA project.
12 days ago, 9:49 PM #146
I completed a page for Cultish Manners for publication on Tuesday, posted a Patreon post and a Substack post, and got all of my to-do list for the weekend done except one item which turns out to be mostly out of my hands. Tomorrow will be a storm day, so I'll be staying inside and getting more stuff done. Maybe work ahead a little bit, or spend more time on my watercolor practice.
11 days ago, 12:42 AM #147
I was able to upload the first 5 pages of my latest chapter. It took me the entire day to color, shade, and add speech bubbles, so I'm REALLY, REALLY tired right now oof
11 days ago, 12:42 AM #148
I finally joined ComicAd and so far, it's starting off well.
10 days ago, 2:10 AM #149
This was a good weekend for me. Last night I stayed up super late for me (almost 1am) and yeah part of it was dicking around online but a lot of it was also doing some drawing.

So in the past ~26 hours-
-started to ink 1 page
-did panels and an initial sketch of 3 pages
-started to do a colored pencil layer for foreground objects of 3 pages

10 days ago, 3:10 AM #150
Finally had the courage to turn my "vague ideas" script into an actual scripty-script. It's a totally different experience just fleshing things out and working on writing your world rather than just going with the flow (which is something I did back when I was in highschool doing comics).
10 days ago, 3:15 AM #151
Finished page 08, yay!

Will I finish page 09 before Wednesday? Who knows! The sketch is done already, so probably I can make it.
10 days ago, 4:03 AM #152
Finished thumbnailing and started on doing the penciling now. Also broke-in a new sketchbook in the process. :D
10 days ago, 4:16 AM #153
Venture Capitalist
Studying how to punch up jokes.
10 days ago, 6:40 AM #154
Last night, I wrote the final four pages of Cultish Manners and sent them off to two people who I thought should check them first. I also got approval from the widow of an old friend to have the story dedicated to him.
8 days ago, 7:19 AM #155
Finished page 09~!
You know, instead of doing homework... again.
8 days ago, 8:33 AM #156
noticed 🐈
I FINISHED MY COMIC WHOOP WHOOP!
8 days ago, 8:57 AM #157
Congrats!

----
I lost my entire progress for my sketch of Chapter 19 Page 8!
8 days ago, 7:47 PM #158
Salvaged a drawing that I thought was ruined. It's one of the practice drawings that I made to color with watercolors; the line art, however, was done with ink that turned out to be no longer waterproof. I managed to seal the lines back in by applying colored ink straight from the bottle, resulting in very different colors than I had planned, but they hide the runny lines pretty well.
8 days ago, 8:49 PM #159
I was hand-lettering a sound effect today. I've mostly used downloaded fonts for sound effects, but this one had to have a specific, twisty shape. I figured it would take longer to warp and manipulate a font using Transform tools than it would to do it by hand.

But DAAAAAAMN, it took a couple of hours just to get it right!!

I never realized how much time I had been saving myself with the ability to type in all my dialogue!!
One week ago, 6:19 AM #160
I accomplished:
1. the #toon me challenge
2. Uploaded my Wed YT video

3. Recorded "how to render comic pages pt 2"
4. Recorded "how to draw dynamic poses"
5. started setting up artists interview for my YT channel
6. participated in a discord comic making group

Tomorrow will be focused on finishing up all the story boards for