Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > What did you get done today? -a webcomic thread-
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89
6 days ago, 8:10 PM #1741
I did a lot of nothing, but I'll start drawing again tomorrow.
6 days ago, 8:13 PM #1742
I realized my next update is tomorrow, so I did a 2 hour speedrun to finish the next page. Wooh. I really should start building up a buffer.
5 days ago, 5:32 AM #1743
I just finished scanning all the pages of my next page batch, and I noticed there's some weird consistent speckling on all the pages. I can clean it up digitally, but my act of not cleaning the scanner screen before using it is coming back to bite me.
5 days ago, 10:57 AM #1744
KAM

I inked two pages for a print project I'm working on. There was another page I'd hoped to get inked, but didn't. So one page to be inked and 90-some pages to draw.
5 days ago, 12:13 PM #1745
Blimpmaster
I'm doing some tweaking to my character sheets, to make things easier for myself later on! I'm also figuring out some outfits for upcoming chapters so I'm not stuck on making those decisions when I want to be drawing those chapters :)
5 days ago, 3:56 PM #1746
*makes weighing motion with hands*

Ink current set of pages?
Start sketching next scene?
Draw modern au crump?

What will today bring
5 days ago, 8:05 PM #1747
Cece Peniston’s song Finally just started blaring in my head bc I finally figured out how to get my banner to show up in my signature. I’m feeling mighty accomplished about that. Also got my thumbnails for chapter 2 almost done woot!

For giggles I also started sketching my characters in an Among AU.
You can also support me on
Ko-fi
Patreon
5 days ago, 8:42 PM #1748
mitchellbravo:
Ink current set of pages?

~45 minutes of punctuated work translating to 7 *mostly* finished panels... nothing so encouraging as coming across a panel only to see it is labelled "NO BG"

I told myself I wouldn't count how many panels are left...

thankfully many have that beautiful, luscious, divine "NO BG" label in them, some are SUPER SIMPLE... but some are like. an extended shot of a hallway. or a wide shot showing a million pieces of furniture in a room. or the establishing exterior shot that was actually panel 1 but i stepped around it because I didn't feel up to doing it yet v_v

I must remind myself- it's the weekend, I FEEL OKAY AND NOT DROPPING OF EXHAUSTION(????!!!!), husb said he'd cook dinner, and I still have all day tomorrow as well. Folks, this could happen! If I can get most of the inking done today, finish it tomorrow, pick colors wisely and begin, I could have a page ready for this week- maybe not Monday, but maybe I'll offset my update day for a while to like Weds or Thurs or something just so it's not an entire other wee- oh... month of no updates.

pacing myself and taking it slow so that when I color or when I look back on these pages in the future I'm not like "ew what the shit"
5 days ago, 11:00 PM #1749
i ended up completeloy losing a file of one of my character desigins so i did it again, and it did turn out real nice.

to prepare i made a list of all the character designs i needed to make for my comics and it's...uhhh...

Yeeeeaaaaaahh...i'm gonna be real busy...

4 days ago, 5:10 PM #1750
i wish I would stop doing xTrEmE perspective shots* when parallel/diagonal series of lines are involved

*to be honest i'm not talking fishbowl or warped perspective or anything just like i keep fucking up basic one/two point perspective images that REALLY SHOULDN'T BE THIS HARD TO ACCOMPLISH
4 days ago, 6:13 PM #1751
I did the penciling on a third page this week and I also translated and added final touches to Chapter 13, and posted it into the queue. Now I have a full buffer until April.
4 days ago, 7:27 PM #1752
Blimpmaster
Just finished sketching the last four pages of "season one" of my comic! And this page features some great Seth faces:
So I'm happy.
4 days ago, 10:11 PM #1753
^I'm the spraying beads of sweat

for me, quoloring has quommenced!! it feels like i've been at it forever but it was realistically just like 20 minutes of work??? idk why my sense of time expended is so misaligned

i sped things up by realizing that though the next 6 pages are all the same scene in terms of continuity of interaction, the first update is contained to one environment, and at page 4 the action actually leaves that space so the coloring and lighting change completely. so I really didn't NEED all six pages fully inked, just the first three, and I don't need to pick colors for the second location right away and can just focus on the panels taking place in the current space!! litearlly cut the amoutn of work i thought I had to do before the next update in half which is a huge relief.

I won't be ready for my preferred 9am update time tomorrow, and knowing how shitty I feel after work I doubt I'll finish it by tomorrow at all, but I'm reasonably certain that by Wednesday or so i'll have something to post.

I never liek to post blog posts or notification updtes about this kind of thing; i'd rather not get the attention of my readers until I have actual content to post (unless it was something serious like i broke my hadn and would be unable to make any pages for months or something). Idk, i get why artists like to do this, and i guess I get why readers like it too, but as a reader I'm usually not tapping my watch going "Say! It's Tuesday, where's the Frog Alert Now* update?!?"

*you make it, i'll read it
3 days ago, 12:44 AM #1754
Did some inking after not having touched my comic for several months. Chapter 2 has been "nearly done besides coloring" for almost a year, so any progress is still progress. I hope to get the coloring and text done in the next few weeks if I can work up the discipline.
A dangerous path (action adventure) ON HIATUS

Various artworks
3 days ago, 5:47 AM #1755
Uploaded latest page batch and have it queued for tonight. :)
3 days ago, 6:06 AM #1756
Lined thirteen panels and touched up a couple of sketches! When I get this fight scene lined I'll have 47 easy-to-color panels with very simple backgrounds and little dialogue. So in theory once that's done, it'll be like I finished 10-23 pages at once! Can't wait for that satisfying moment! haha
3 days ago, 10:18 AM #1757
goes fast
I actually did some work on my comic. Also trying to resist the urge to start a new comic.
3 days ago, 12:14 PM #1758
Kokoneos:Lined thirteen panels and touched up a couple of sketches! When I get this fight scene lined I'll have 47 easy-to-color panels with very simple backgrounds and little dialogue. So in theory once that's done, it'll be like I finished 10-23 pages at once! Can't wait for that satisfying moment! haha

Ohmygod!!!
2 days ago, 1:18 AM #1759
This will not be my most produced page, as I don't feel like taking colored pencils to it, but I'm not horrified with how it has turned out and will be very pleased with myself if i can get it scanned, edited, and shoved into teh vcr tonight
2 days ago, 2:13 AM #1760
🥔 Potato Parttaker 🥔
I'm back at work and getting used to being up stupid early again, had time to draw today, didn't want the mental stress of page. So did nothing! I drew a twitter meme instead. Tomorrow is open for drawing tho since my evening plans were cancelled hahahahahaaha yay. No people, ONLY ART
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > What did you get done today? -a webcomic thread-
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89