Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > What did you get done today? -a webcomic thread-
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
6 days ago, 2:17 AM #161
I did some inking. My next scene is almost fully colored but I want to be able to work on it in daylight to see what needs to get added to it. Every day I come home and it's already near sunset or close enough the sun won't help me. Every weekend I just spend dying
6 days ago, 2:24 AM #162
Venture Capitalist
Participated in VDSD 2020. (NSFW)
6 days ago, 2:25 AM #163
ride 'til I die shitposter
sanctified my sins to menrunes dagon and posted a page for once
6 days ago, 2:24 PM #164
Done a draft of my next page
6 days ago, 7:22 PM #165
Tracked down a bit of writing i’d sent to myself in Signal and then lost.
6 days ago, 7:42 PM #166
rivaling gator
got page three of chapter one done, and page four half-inked.

Here is the creature I made last weekend when I should have been working on the comic (I don't even have a story for this, it just popped into my head and I had to draw it).

color variants

6 days ago, 7:49 PM #167
I finished and uploaded page thirty-three of my current story! I never expected to get this far, so I'm always amazed when I look at how many pages I've actually managed to complete!
4 days ago, 3:20 AM #168
I always think I've done a good job avoiding a skew, but it becomes apparent as soon as the image is scanned. I really need to get a hold of a T square.

Other than that, designed another character who won't appear for 1,000 years, finished coloring a scene, scanned it, started editing and uploading some of it.
"i took criticism", 4 days ago, 3:26 AM #169
Today, i took some criticisms in order to better the legibility of my text. Things are coming up milhouse!
4 days ago, 4:55 AM #170
loved birds way before they were the word
Finished flatting my most recent page.
4 days ago, 9:29 PM #171
- I inked a page to the point where I felt it was time to scan it. I've been having a series of bad dyspraxia days and the longer I kept working on the inks, the more accidents I had on the page. Not good, so I called time and scanned it as it was. The rest of the page will be done digitally.
- Completed an introductory Patreon post (free to read) on, ironically, my year of traditional art discussing why I'm doing it.
- Wrote and scheduled the first real post (Patrons-only) in the Year of Traditional Art series, with lots of images including some pieces from the past month that were failures for some reason or another. The point of the post was to establish a baseline and show the skill level I have at the beginning. Hopefully I will kick that post's ass month after month from now.
- Wrote my Substack newsletter, or was that yesterday? I can't even remember right now.
- Made some swatches of the colored inks and watercolors I've been using and did some systematic testing of different white inks over different black inks to determine coverage and waterproofing.
- Kept myself and my cat fed and watched Doctor Who.
4 days ago, 9:40 PM #172
finished coloring the top third of my most recent page!
3 days ago, 1:10 AM #173
In STUFF news

-Tried out the colored pens I bought, they're .3 mm and it's a set of 10 in a range of rainbow colors. I'm hoping they'll help with cloth patterns like pinstripes and such going forward. I've long used colored pencils but they tend to be soft and don't retain a sharp point, which makes it hard to make precise, thin lines. I had a small set (4 colors) that are .03 mm but they're starting to run out by now, though they were cool for doing some textured work back in the day.

-Also in pen news (I know, you're on the edge of your seat!!) my brush tip copic started to feather badly and I checked my log where I've listed when I last changed nibs and inks on pens. I haven't changed that one since February 2017, and my productivity was particularly high last year so the pen went through more wear than it had in 2017 and 18. Well, I'll have you know that the difference made me gasp! The previous nib had eroded so gradually I didn't notice how, uh, flaccid it had become. The new nib, in addition to not feathering, is firm and has a much greater range in width, particularly when I need to taper or make a finer stroke.

I feel like I always wait too long to replace ink and nib. I have so many spares waiting to be used, I really don't need to worry about wasting them. It's impressive how the quality of an item can make such a difference.

edit: And I discovered a flaw with my scanning plan I probably mentioned a few pages ago. Historically I've always scanned my pages in two halves and then merged the halves into one file, and the last couple pages I've tried laying the page in the bevel of hte plastic part of the scanner and not flat on the screen instead. This worked GREAT... on my pages that didn't have text up against the page edge, which got cut off, and I didn't notice until partway through editing. Double d'oh. The bandaid fix- scan any page with words/crucial details near the edge in halves like the old days. The proper design-abiding artist fix- adjust my composition to stop placing words and crucial details near the page edge. lord
3 days ago, 6:32 PM #174
Finished page 10! Might add more details later though. Sadly, I would only publish one page this week (and maybe none next week).

MattSchofield:I finished and uploaded page thirty-three of my current story! I never expected to get this far, so I'm always amazed when I look at how many pages I've actually managed to complete!

That's awesome! I want to have that many pages under my wing too!
3 days ago, 9:08 PM #175
and the Sorcerer's Stone
Sketched the next page. Didn't think I'd be able to pull off a full sketch tonight, but I did and I'm rather proud of myself. Turned out nicely, too!
3 days ago, 11:56 PM #176
I just inked next Monday's page, so I'm still keeping to my "one page per weekday" schedule, despite having a nice lazy day off from work for President's Day. I also updated a couple hundred more pages of Author Comments so that there's hyperlinks when I reference another page. I think of my 1200+ pages, I only have to update less than 200.
2 days ago, 12:16 AM #177
That's an incredible amount of work to do. I hope it goes quickly for you and/or you are able to have some fun doing it!!

My page that just ran this evening is at last the final page of the chapter I took years to do. Starting next week it's chapter 8. I'm super excited to finally *be* there, and I hope that people will stick aroudn when I drop from updating daily to updating weekly OTL the readers and forum support here have been beyond encouraging and I'm hoping to keep it up

I have the first 3 updates ready in the queue, one more page is ready to upload but I just need to write the accompanying author comment which is going to take a while. The page after that is fully inked and needs to be colored, and the scene after that, I've inked the foregrounds and now just need to work on establishing panels and then sketching in background details. After that is a single page scene that I kind of want to try to do all in one day because it's another weird montage page and because I'm a nightmare of a human being.

I'm working on my comic pretty regularly these days which is so nice. I hope I can keep it up once we move in 2 weeks. Setting up at least my drawing area, if not the entire room it's in, is a big priority. Lol like get enough set up in the bathroom, kitchen, and bedroom to be able to camp for a while and then just get my desk functional. I'm thrilled that I'll be able to devote my entire desk just to my art. There's a hanging file drawer that I can even use to keep my references adn doodles in, instead of keeping them in a literal briefcase which is what I've been doing for the past 10 years.

I have to remind myself that for whatever reason, time follows some odd physical law where the more I do with it, the more I seem to have...
2 days ago, 7:11 AM #178
made a mobile version for the KNM website. it was quite difficult, but it's done. thank you sovember and kyo for making this miracle possible.
2 days ago, 3:49 PM #179
Technically yesterday but...

> Did some last corrections on Page 19
> Drew part of Page 20 (had to do some dynamic posing with a rather poorly-designed monster. Entirely my fault, but I still kinda like the look and it's too late to change it.)
> Decided that after this week I'm going to start doing this twice per week since I have a buffer now.

Not really that much, though it is still progress.

2 days ago, 7:21 PM #180
So far, not a lot. But I have compiled a list of gag comics for a future project, and put some ideas for future watercolor drawings in my head. Now I have to run some errands and then it'll be time to work on Cultish Manners.

Update: I got Page 22 of Cultish Manners finished and uploaded to Patreon and ComicFury site. Good enough for today. Tomorrow morning, I'll work on the cover art a bit.
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > What did you get done today? -a webcomic thread-
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10