Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - I’m just a rolling stone gathering moss...

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Introductions > I’m just a rolling stone gathering moss...
Pages: [1]

"I’m just a rolling stone gathering moss...", 11 days ago, 2:45 AM #1
JR Gervais

Registration date: 11 days ago
Hello, everybody. I’m a refugee from SJ (known as Youngcannibals over there). I’m super excited to be here, and possibly making it my forever-home.

Quick question about the site, if anyone has the time to answer: since there are no ads and everything is free, how does it stay in business?

Sorry if that’s a blunt question, but I’m a little leery of moving my comics to another site if there’s a possibility of it going away.
11 days ago, 2:52 AM #2
Nyomi
Drum bum
Registration date: 15th Jun 2016
Welcome welcome welcome!

Kyo (the site admin) would be more qualified to answer, but I believe it's a mixture of the patreon and Kyo just being a heckin' baller.

Glad to have you; enjoy your stay! ^^
11 days ago, 2:59 AM #3
lirvilas
Venture Capitalist
Registration date: 24th Mar 2014
LANDO:So you see, since we're a small operation, we don't fall into the... uh... jurisdiction of the Empire.

LEIA:So you're part of the mining guild then?

LANDO:No, not actually. Our operation is small enough not to be noticed... which is advantageous for everybody since our customers are anxious to avoid attracting attention to themselves.
11 days ago, 5:03 AM #4
Kyo
?
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
The site is not monetized in any way besides the patreon, it's not what one might call a commercial venture in that the objective of the site is not to generate revenue for myself. So as it turns out it's actually quite easy to stay in business if you don't pay yourself anything and aren't trying to make any money, it's worked for 11 years so far. Now I'm sure that despite our record, people might question the sustainability of this model, so I'll also say this: Naturally, if the need arises, I'm not stubborn to the point of pulling the plug before I add commercial aspects to the site, but it hasn't been necessary so far.
11 days ago, 5:40 AM #5
JR Gervais

Registration date: 11 days ago
Thanks for alleviating my uneasiness regarding this. It’s been a taxing experience. I called Smackjeeves my home for 13 years. It’s nice to have a new place to hang my hat. Cheers to you.
11 days ago, 9:41 AM #6
Panda Cop

Registration date: 4th Nov 2019
I feel my heart swelling when kyo says he does this just to be good and not for money.

It is truly benevolent to offer people this platform which makes them happy.

I put permissions for ads on all my comics and did wonder why i have never seen any.

Since this service is being provided for free i wouldnt mind banner ads across the pages.
11 days ago, 1:15 PM #7
Travis

Registration date: 16th Feb 2015
Welcome to the CF!

A site that runs on magic and the souls of children.
11 days ago, 1:38 PM #8
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
I am not sure of how it runs beyond the fact that it has a Patreon, but you are going to like it here.
11 days ago, 7:09 PM #9
KarToon12

Registration date: 2nd Feb 2012
It's nice to have you here! Welcome! :D
11 days ago, 10:11 PM #10
BustyLaroo

Registration date: 5th Feb 2019
Welcome! :D I personally have found it a pretty comfortable place to hang ones' hat. The community is pretty great.