Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > Which of your characters....
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
10th Mar 2020, 1:20 AM #481
Jeremy7:
Which of your characters is intended as an insult?

Several.
Right off the bat, the 5 mains of Meddlesome are kind of a subtle middle finger to various and sundry dumb 'fan-theories' regarding Scooby Doo.

There is an alien character called 'Ivo' seen once in my original Shrimp Fried Riot comic based of a fair-weather friend whom I no longer talk to. He was put into one or two comics after that in which his alien depiction was way more insulting, but, those haven't seen the light of day... yet.
Subsequent comic projects only GOT made due to my hurt feelings about him screwing me over. The most recent version being The MacCobbs.

Warren Abernathy is an OC of mine who has made his way into several of my comics. 7 times outta 10, he represents the "normal suburban guy" who means no harm, but just doesn't 'get it'. The other 3 times, he will come off like a completely oblivious douche who is a walking backlash against that suburban entitlement mindstate of "I'm NORMAL, so everybody should be like ME".

The supervillain, ThunderLizard, was based on a kid I grew up with who was just an unapologetic ignoramus and bully.

The drunken singer in THIS PAGE of Wonderland Hates You is based on the persona/avatar of one of those "edgy bad boy webcomic creators" from back in the day on another webcomic hosting site who was constantly rude and obnoxious to a lot of us. He thought he was SO funny. "heh".

The VampBros from Suburban Daymares are avatars of my feelings on frat-bros, in general. Every single one I've ever met was a walking, beer-soaked stereotype. The short, fat one, 'Hunter', however, is based on a real person that I once knew.
================================================

Which of your characters is the most narcissistic?

... ANY bird can be a Phoenix, if it's ON FIRE.
10th Mar 2020, 2:34 AM #482
Of the 3 characters I've introduced, Beatrice is definitely the most narcissistic. Else doesn't have that much confidence or care in herself, and Calico doesn't care about anything. I have a character who hasn't debuted yet who is entirely narcissistic, like that's his main thing. But for now Bea is caught up in herself a lot, and is confident she has the best ideas solely because SHE comes up with them. Bea's narcissism is less of an ego and more of an abundance of self-confidence, to an unhealthy degree.

Which of your characters would be most likely to write fanfiction?
10th Mar 2020, 2:39 AM #483
Phoenix In Crisis:Which of your characters is the most narcissistic?

Viking Hat, definitely Viking Hat.

Which of your characters is less likely to survive being stranded on a desert island for a month?
11th Mar 2020, 1:26 PM #484
Digital Metalworker
Israel:Which of your characters is less likely to survive being stranded on a desert island for a month?

I'll go with Dahlia for this one. She's far too used to living in luxury to have the first clue how to rough it. More importantly, she's a clinical sociopath, so she has great difficulty at both recognizing when she's in genuine danger and learning from her mistakes. And despite being a powerful witch, her specialization in mental magic is mostly useless in this situation. She's almost certain to get wounded and just let it get infected and fester until it kills her. Not the most dignified end for my main villain, but it would still be earned.

Which of your characters is the worst at reading people's emotions?
12th Mar 2020, 6:13 AM #485
not the one who meowed (?)
Sikue. She may be most sympathetic, but she's pretty hopeless at reading people. Even though Tatsuma's the one expected to be worse at it, she's actually got a keen and calculating eye for certain things... but disregards it or uses the knowledge to push people's buttons.

Which of your characters would get stuck (or volunteer to) being a 'decoy' if a group of your characters were trying to sneak past a dragon?
12th Mar 2020, 6:42 AM #486
Sikyanakotik:

Which of your characters is the worst at reading people's emotions?

I've got to go with Egam on that one, simply because he's autistic so even with lots of practice and taking context into account he'll overlook most of the more subtle body language.

Seconds would be his little brother simply since he's quite a bit younger than the rest of the cast (he's a pre-teen) and Luna, not because of any inherent difficulty but because she's pretty much a fish out of water so while she does fine just reading them she's lacking a lot of context that Egam does have.

(BTW, I hope it's okay to play even when my main comic isn't online yet, if not, please tell me.)

Which of your characters would do worst in a adventuring-type of situation?

Still very much a mess, owning to my incompetence in actually getting pages online, any advice/critique is welcome.
12th Mar 2020, 7:37 AM #487
NiaNook:Which of your characters would get stuck (or volunteer to) being a 'decoy' if a group of your characters were trying to sneak past a dragon?

B'Onca. She'd volunteer. Some of B'Onca's magical powers is reading and feeling others emotions/reactions - that includes any people, but also animals and other creatures! like a dragon. So, she'll know if the dragon becomes aware of her presence and then can react quickly.

Seionara:Which of your characters would do worst in a adventuring-type of situation?

Suzannah. Tyris (another main character) has adventuring experience and has definitely got his hands dirty, and B'Onca (the other main character) is new to adventures, but she's outright pretty bold and confident and likes to jump into things headfirst.
Suzannah is new to adventuring, is shy, and has pretty much been sheltered and waited on her whole life. The first bit of adventuring is going to be rough for her.

One of your characters has to die for the others to live, which of your characters would sacrifice their life for the others?
12th Mar 2020, 1:26 PM #488
Digital Metalworker
gideonland:One of your characters has to die for the others to live, which of your characters would sacrifice their life for the others?

Which of your characters, despite the best efforts of your protagonists, ultimately can't be saved?
12th Mar 2020, 3:12 PM #489
Orbweaver. This character hasn’t shown up yet, and will only have a cameo in the epilogue of this origin story episode, and gets more important later.

Which of your characters is the most selfless and which is the most selfish?
12th Mar 2020, 4:54 PM #490
Which of your characters is the most selfless and which is the most selfish?
My answers are based on the story I have written down or in my head, since the actual comic is only like 10% complete at this point. Which means: spoilers ahead obviously.

Most selfless: Danniel, he is especially quick to value the worth of others over himself, and ignore his own priorities and desires. Of course this makes it very easy for other people to take advantage of him, and he also has a hard time realizing his own potential.

Most selfish: A certain character whose name is still pending and won't be visible for a long time. Despite caring a lot about their family, they have permanently shaped their family's lives to use only for their own good, and it has made the family completely different people than they could have been. These selfish motivations will have an enorm parasitic influence on the society as a whole as well. Enough spoiled now. ;)

Next question: Which of your characters is the most likely to accidentally walk into a wall because they were daydreaming so vividly?
A dangerous path (action adventure) ON HIATUS

Various artworks
12th Mar 2020, 5:03 PM #491
Berry. As a matter of fact, he got lost daydreaming in the recent pages XD

Which of your characters has the most amount of furniture?
12th Mar 2020, 5:15 PM #492
Geoffry- his family is loaded with money and he lives in a huge mansion.

Which of your has the biggest sweet tooth?
13th Mar 2020, 4:41 AM #493
B.W.K.:Which of your has the biggest sweet tooth?

Drake. The rest of the characters so far are (usually) pretty responsible about not eating too much sugar, but Drake can afford to eat a lot of sugar for reasons that'll be revealed later. And not just because she's a reasonably active teenager.

Although actually I guess Roxanne can get a bit worse when she's really stressed. And she drinks lots of tea with sugar.

NiaNook:Which of your characters would get stuck (or volunteer to) being a 'decoy' if a group of your characters were trying to sneak past a dragon?

Drake would absolutely volunteer, but not to be a decoy per se, she'd try diplomacy. And the reason why that is is also "reasons" so yeah. The only other thing I'll say is that she has actually had to sneak past a dragon before. A few times.

Which of your characters is the hardest to explain to people not familiar with your comic?

13th Mar 2020, 6:17 AM #494
Silver42: Which of your characters is the hardest to explain to people not familiar with your comic?

most of them, but my main character Marius the red takes some explaining as to why he wears the bucket helm, this is explained in the comic (and no it's not because of this new virus lol) its lots of fun drawing this guy in silly situation wearing his bucket helm (such as when he is in the bath)

which of your characters would run away from danger? and who would face it?
13th Mar 2020, 3:36 PM #495
which of your characters would run away from danger? and who would face it?

No brainer: Nils would run; Glee would face it. Not because she's brave. Because she's suicidally reckless

Which of your characters would absolutely hate your comic strip?
14th Mar 2020, 1:31 AM #496
That is an excellent question. I think the bad guys would hate it, yep definitely they would. Otherwise, a much later character nicknamed Phantom might hate it. Most of the characters would either not mind it or just not care about it whatsoever, they have more important things to worry about.

Which of your characters reads aloud to their siblings?
14th Mar 2020, 1:51 AM #497
None :(

Which of your character make funny noises when is asleep?
14th Mar 2020, 2:56 AM #498
ShaRose49:Which of your characters reads aloud to their siblings?

Aw. I like this question, and I think it deserves a better answer than "none" (no offense, princess_lom).

I could totally picture Irene reading stories to her younger sister and brother. Her older sisters probably did the same thing for her (she comes from a big family). Of course, at the current time in my comic's setting, Irene's younger siblings are too old to be read to, but in the past, I'm sure it happened.

princess_lom:Which of your character make funny noises when is asleep?

I think Nate probably would. I could see him having a snoring problem.

Which of your characters is the most old-fashioned (relative to the temporal setting of the comic)?
14th Mar 2020, 2:56 AM #499
the most old fashioned in my comic would be the duchess an old bat who is adviser to the queen.

which of your characters would go naked in public
14th Mar 2020, 3:55 AM #500
Aron Mason:which of your characters would go naked in public

That would be Urania...

She was raised by Warchief Moop of the Invaders from Uranus, so human modesty completely is alien to her. Her earthling boyfriend bought her a bikini and she tried to take it off before going in the water because she didn't want to get her new outfit wet. She just had nudist tendencies.

Which of your characters, if given a chance, would voluntarily leave your comic to exist in another comic?