"2020 BLIND DATE Crossover Exchange!", 1st Jan 2020, 10:41 AM #1
Registration date: 23rd Nov 2012
It's that time of year again! Last year's Blind Date exchange was so much fun I decided to bring it back for a second round. Whether you've never participated in an art exchange before or you're a returning veteran, I hope you will join this event I look forward to every year!
I'm going to go over this quickly and simply because I have a lot more I want to get to:
--- You can submit ONE character to the exchange
--- You MUST fill out the dating profile I provide in order to participate (no exceptions!)
--- Once signups are closed I will visit my dear friend, the google list randomizer, and set your characters up on blind dates with each other.
--- Each character will be going on TWO dates, one in the day time and one at night (this is because each character will be drawn twice--once by you and once by the person assigned to them). I will assign you which time of day when I send out PMs. There is no changing it. As you can imagine I am juggling a LOT of details here so you get what you get, my friends!
I'll make sure I cover all the details in the PMs don't worry :P
****DISCLOSURE, PLEASE READ****** Please don't overthink this! Just because it's Valentine's Day and a "date" does NOT mean your characters are expected to be romantic! Maybe they connect as friends. Maybe they don't connect at all and it's totally awkward. This is a BLIND date which means the characters didn't choose this! Evil Serpy arranged for this awkard, potentially miserable day for them :P
That being said! Let's go over my totally reasonable, easy-to follow rules...
1. RESPECT.-- I will be a huge stickler for respecting the other person's character in this exchange. If you do something degrading to them I won't post it. I'll make you redo it oooor I'll send it to a backup artist. I'm serious about this.
2. NO NSFW.-- Due to the sensitive nature of this subject matter, please don't draw anyone else's character in a NSFW type scenario. Keep it PG!
3. HAVE FUN!-- The most important rule! This is a fun thing everybody--I'm really excited about it. I hope you are too :3
4. GIVE ME NOTICE IF YOU HAVE TO CANCEL!-- trust me, I know life happens. I won't punish anyone for that but you have to tell me as soon as you know. Please and thank you.
Please size down your finished images. I don't want to post anything wider than 1200 px wide and even THATS kind of stretching it. I don't feel like opening things up and sizing em' down myself. Thank you!
NOW FOR THE REAL REASON I'M ONLY ALLOWING ONE CHARACTER:
I have an idea in my head of what I want to do with the Intro this year. For it to come out as fun as I see it in my head, I kiiiinda need everyone to participate :3. I'm going to strongly insist that you draw your character for it--- it's not the end of the world if you don't, but you'll be disappointed :P.
SO! For the intro....Please draw a full body pic of your character dancing. And if they don't dance, draw them how they would be looking if music was playing and people were dancing nearby them. Uncomfortable? Annoyed? Disgusted? Lol anything!
--- Make sure it's a TRANSPARENT background if possible. And if you don't know how to do that or make sure it's solid white then, I guess.
--- PLEASE size it down. Make it no wider than saay... mmm 700 px or so.
WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR EXCHANGE....
Please tell me the name of the character and LINK to comic they are from, aand fill out this little template I created for you!
Simply right-click and save the template and fill it in.. post it here on the thread when it's done! Please do it because if you don't, you're not in the exchange :'D
"IMPORTANT DETAILS" is where you, the author, can write down things like character's sexuality or any other details that you really want the person assigned to your character to know about in case they slack off and don't read your comic :P
* SIGNUPS CLOSE January 7th
* ASSIGNMENTS SENT January 8th
* INTRO IMAGE DUE February 1st (I really need time to work on the thing I wanna do XD)
* EXCHANGE PIECE DUE February 10th (that's over a month..and gives backup artists a couple days to save the day.)
* EXCHANGE STARTS UPDATING February 14th! 12 am sharp (pacific time) in 10 minute intervals!
Example of how I'd like this to go:
Hope you'll join! Everyone's welcome!