Forum > News & Announcements > More better subscriptions page
Pages: 1
"More better subscriptions page", 2nd Jan 2020, 11:49 AM #1
Kyo
🐊
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
hey friends

I've made some improvements to the experience of being subscribed to webcomics.

So first of all, the subs page and subs frontpage tab are now better synchronized. Both will show you what comics are new.

Both will now also keep track of when you last clicked a link to the subscribed comic in question (specifically from the subs page or tab), and take you to the first page that was released after that time automatically. It'll also show if there are any unread pages since you last clicked.

The subs page now has a button to only view comics with unread pages, and also a button to mark all as read.

Also I got rid of the descriptions on the subs page, and the front page box now has the last update date instead of comics and sub numbers.

Happy reading! And let me know if you find any bugs or have any suggestions!
2nd Jan 2020, 12:21 PM #2
eekee

Registration date: 15th Sep 2016
Kyo:Both will now also keep track of when you last clicked a link to the subscribed comic in question (specifically from the subs page or tab), and take you to the first page that was released after that time automatically.

Coolness! This is a good feature.
2nd Jan 2020, 1:05 PM #3
Guybrush20X6

Registration date: 22nd Aug 2011
Not sure I like the sub count and number of comics being removed from the sub tab. I was using those to keep score of how the comics were doing. The last update is a useful feature though so I'd say leave out the number of comics and re-add the sub numbers.
2nd Jan 2020, 1:14 PM #4
Kyo
🐊
the new update marker takes up the space the other box took up (if there is one)
2nd Jan 2020, 2:25 PM #5
Matt Comics
πŸ‹οΈβ€πŸŽ¨π•½π–Šπ–“π–†π–Žπ–˜π–˜π–†π–“π–ˆπ–Š 𝕸𝖆𝖓 πŸ’…πŸ‚
Registration date: 17th Aug 2017
this looks cool. my only complaint is that always having the same shade of grey for every row makes everything look a bit empty. I miss the alternating colors. it doesn't have to be the same old colors, I'm sure you could find something that suits the site redesign.
2nd Jan 2020, 3:02 PM #6
Kyo
🐊
i actually got rid of the alternating colors before the site redesign, mostly just because the old colors were not very subtle at all. I can play around with alternating colors (probably for my webcomics too), it's been suggested to me before
2nd Jan 2020, 7:06 PM #7
Tehpikachu

Registration date: 22nd Nov 2019
i was having a little bit of a hard time telling what comics i was and wasn't caught up with because the old notification went away on its own after a while. this is very useful, thanks so much!
2nd Jan 2020, 7:09 PM #8
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
I like it and it helps a lot. Nice job. Keep up the good work.
3rd Jan 2020, 9:42 PM #9
Proxy170

Registration date: 3rd Nov 2013
Damn Kyo now I'm gonna feel even worse about all the comics I'm behind on reading lol
3rd Jan 2020, 9:56 PM #10
Kyo
🐊
there's always that mark all as read button if you just wanna pretend everything's alright
4th Jan 2020, 5:28 PM #11
solaris127h

Registration date: 1st Dec 2019
The keeping track feature is awesome - I've been asking some of the authors of comics I read to add the "save my place" feature so it's easier to check, so this helps a lot. The notification system was the one thing I really missed about SJ but now everything is cozy.
10 days ago, 3:07 AM #12
BlueDragon

Registration date: 7th Jan 2015
^Agree. A handful of my favorite comics don't have the "save" button, and I have to be careful to not read the spoilers as I search for where I left off XD

I like that comics with new pages are marked clearly.

Except now I'm reminded how incredibly behind I am on the 1000s of comics I read XD

9 days ago, 12:10 AM #13
mitchellbravo

Registration date: 23rd Nov 2019
BlueDragon:^Agree. A handful of my favorite comics don't have the "save" button, and I have to be careful to not read the spoilers as I search for where I left off XD

I like that comics with new pages are marked clearly.

Except now I'm reminded how incredibly behind I am on the 1000s of comics I read XD

9 days ago, 12:48 AM #14
BlueDragon

Registration date: 7th Jan 2015
It feels that way XD
One week ago, 3:35 AM #15
eekee

Registration date: 15th Sep 2016
Uh... if I go straight to comics from the rss feed, the "New pages" label doesn't get cleared from my subscriptions page. My subscriptions page says I have 5 with new pages and one with unread pages, but I've specifically caught up with those 6 within a few hours of their updates. One updated today, one yesterday, three two days ago, and the "unread pages" one a whole week ago. I looked at the latest page of the "unread pages" one again yesterday and commented again.
One week ago, 3:49 AM #16
Kyo
🐊
fair point, I'll change the link in the feed to the one that tracks last read times, I hadn't thought of that.