Forum > ComicFury Problems, Critique and Suggestions > Submitting more crocodiles to ComicFury
Pages: 1 2 3
14th Jan 2020, 11:22 AM #21
Jeremy7
What a sucker
Registration date: 7th Mar 2018
Wait, wait, wait...

So my Krampusnacht Kyogator only needs a cropping?

Okay, I cropped and scaled it a bit, but when it was 103x80px it seemed a little small.

Is this good?
14th Jan 2020, 12:44 PM #22
Shekets
πŸ•Ž Light it up πŸ•Ž
Registration date: 4th Apr 2017
mightguy15:what if someone wanted to make a crocodile?

JammyTheBirb:or a kyocodile

Let's make caimans, gharials and even better sarcosuchus
"Submitted long ago, but ended up forgotten, why?", 14th Jan 2020, 1:01 PM #23
xwindows
ascii man
Registration date: 23rd Dec 2014
So there actually is a gator submission process, but REAAalLLy?

Because I actually submitted a retooled one in the past, for 2018 Chinese new year; posted with permission to use it and all... @Kyo said he saw it late in the night, so he didn't put it up.

I thought okay, so I waited another 12 month to the 2019 Chinese new year. And then... no new year banner, no announcement, NO NoTHinG!

Another year passed. Now we're at a 2-week countdown to another Chinese new year of 2020... @Kyo, DO NoT EveR THinK I FoRgOt AbOUT ThiS!

-----

With cheeky!me out of the way, nice to finally know that the gator banner submission is ]actually open to general members. (After 2019 Chinese new year disappointment, I actually thought @Kyo would only accept banner drawn by his gator generals)

I have a plan for my own version of "gator" too, but the major pain is how to make it actually fit in that banner... hmm.

Anyway, I won't make a new one for 2020 Chinese new year; as already said above, just take this as my re-submission of the old 2018 one (1) that, due to circumstances, never got used.

Reapeageddon:All crocodiles beside the logo so far:

Matt Comics:that someone is me. hi! like I said, I've seen at least 45 different gators, including those I drew. most of them only show up during holidays or on rarer occasions.

I actually started randomly snatching keeping gator banners as collectibles some years ago; maybe someday I would open a banner museum somewhere on Mediterranean Avenue, FuryTown too.

-----

P.S. Chinese new year is actually a thing in my home country (even my home country is not China, and I'm not part-Chinese); that is the reason why I take notice of Chinese new year day on every year.

(1) That one is special, not only in sense of a banner coloring that fits the tradition, text color was also changed accordingly.
14th Jan 2020, 1:49 PM #24
rokulily
~
Registration date: 18th Apr 2011
yaΒ΄ll forgetting about leggy but the day of fish is soon upon us and they shall rise.

best gator
14th Jan 2020, 2:51 PM #25
killersteak
Botanist
Registration date: 25th Apr 2011
xwindows:chinese new year

you're in luck, because

528. chinese gator

(im not sure i was succesful in making it look chinese, but i had the idea and had to try it)

edit: threw on some hairy thingies

14th Jan 2020, 3:44 PM #26
Matt Comics
πŸ‹οΈβ€πŸŽ¨π•½π–Šπ–“π–†π–Žπ–˜π–˜π–†π–“π–ˆπ–Š 𝕸𝖆𝖓 πŸ’…πŸ‚
Registration date: 17th Aug 2017
speaking of making sure everything loosely fits the banner and its proportions, try not to end up with a ridiculously tall or wide drawing, folks. pretty sure some of my other, non-banner gators had weird proportions.

xwindows:I actually started randomly snatching keeping gator banners as collectibles some years ago;

how else do you think I got 45+ gators in my bestiary? I'm gonna add yours to my folder

Kyo:and it helps if you state in your post that you allow me to use it in the banner on the site, to save ourselves some formalities via PM.

you probably know it by now, but just in case, feel free to skip the PM request and automatically collect any future gator from me.

killersteak:(im not sure i was succesful in making it look chinese, but i had the idea and had to try it)

hey, I like that. I would suggest giving it a slightly longer neck to emphasize the Chinese dragon aesthetic, but then it might look too much like a dragon. gators and dragons have a lot in common...
14th Jan 2020, 10:34 PM #27
keltyzoid!
pigs are smarter than bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Registration date: 13th Feb 2015
can you put my Fear and Loathing gator back in the rotation, i think it would improve morale
14th Jan 2020, 11:11 PM #28
harajuku_Smittle_
ride 'til I die shitposter
Registration date: 3rd Mar 2016
the incel/chad gator kyo.....i beg of u
Two weeks ago, 3:30 AM #29
Kyo
🐊
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
Wartooth:Preferred dimensions?

Oh I'm not too picky about that, ideally not tiny, but really anything above 500x500 should be enough. (larger never hurts though, as long as it scales down alright)

xwindows:Anyway, I won't make a new one for 2020 Chinese new year; as already said above, just take this as my re-submission of the old 2018 one (1) that, due to circumstances, never got used.

I have to admit - with time constraints aside, I would prefer if the gators weren't edited versions of other peoples gators, I think some artists would be sort of sensitive about that. That said, I'm not opposed to adding a chinese new years gator, although I would probably have to edit the code for the rotation slightly to facilitate that (but I doubt it would be a problem)
Two weeks ago, 4:57 AM #30
Lutzbug
loved birds way before they were the word
Registration date: 2nd Oct 2017

I drew you a hatagator.

Edit to change hat color to purple
Two weeks ago, 5:35 AM #31
killersteak
Botanist
nevermind
Two weeks ago, 8:39 AM #32
The Letter M
πŸŽ€Official CF Wine TesterπŸŽ€
Registration date: 28th Nov 2012
So proud of the business gator. Glad he made it.
Two weeks ago, 10:20 AM #33
Reapeageddon

Registration date: 20th Nov 2019
killersteak:you're in luck, because

528. chinese gator

(im not sure i was succesful in making it look chinese, but i had the idea and had to try it)

DAMN, aren'tchu lucky?

Two weeks ago, 11:35 AM #34
Jeremy7
What a sucker
So I see a bunch of our gators got up (Chinese dragon, Raul Duke, and most shockingly of all, Krampusnacht).

I'm happy, but I also meant for Krampus Kyo to be seasonal, for Krampusnacht or at the least Christmas.

I don't know how to type this without sounding whiny. I'm grateful, but it's a bit early for Krampusnacht.

...Krampusnacht.
Two weeks ago, 11:46 AM #35
Kyo
🐊
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
I just figured I wouldn't have you wait for it. I can take it down if you like, either way I was going to put it up at the end of the year again, but y'know, that's a year away
Two weeks ago, 12:32 PM #36
killersteak
Botanist
Reapeageddon:DAMN, aren'tchu lucky?

we need more draw threads before i draw all the gators
Two weeks ago, 12:35 PM #37
-JoKeR-

Registration date: 20th Nov 2019
Kyo:I just figured I wouldn't have you wait for it. I can take it down if you like, either way I was going to put it up at the end of the year again, but y'know, that's a year away

The more he will be pleasant surprised when it's up again.

Ok I try to come up with an own gator for the banner.

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
Two weeks ago, 1:34 PM #38
Jeremy7
What a sucker
Kyo:I just figured I wouldn't have you wait for it. I can take it down if you like, either way I was going to put it up at the end of the year again, but y'know, that's a year away

Okay, I understand. I just did not expect to see it up this early.
9 days ago, 9:12 PM #39
Jessie Blue
rivaling gator
Registration date: 9th Feb 2015
I was proud my mummy-gator made it into the Halloween rotation.
8 days ago, 9:45 AM #40
mightguy15

Registration date: 24th Sep 2018

Shounen manga protagonist Croc!

Hopefully I didn't muck this up too badly. I'd be willing to make any necessary edits!

(I didn't draw the scales at the bottom because I realized they won't show in that corner anyway)

Feel free to use it for the banner *wink wink nudge nudge*
Forum > ComicFury Problems, Critique and Suggestions > Submitting more crocodiles to ComicFury
Pages: 1 2 3