Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > Sign up for ComicFury Zine Committee
Pages: 1
"Sign up for ComicFury Zine Committee", 15th Jan 2020, 7:09 PM #1
If you are interested in helping organize and create the ComicFury Zine, sign up here!

First Come, first serve. I will edit this opening thread as people sign up.

1. Blue Dragon
2. Mega Master
3. Snark Claw
4. Fire Jelly
5. Robo Twin

If you're seeing this for the first time, please refer to this thread.

Edit: To be clear, submissions of comics/content will come after we figure all the basics out XD I don't think it should take too much to figure out the requirements and all that. And we can always amend things as we learn.

1/22/19 edit: WHAT IS THIS COMMITTEE WILL BE DOING! XD

1) Determining the format of the Zine. This is the page size, the content, how long to make each individual zine. Anything relating to the actual format/final product

2) How we will take submissions, when, and guidelines for submissions

3) When the first zine should be released

4) If printing should be allowed (which ties into submission guidelines,) if we are going to print on demand/charity/etc.

5) How and who will put it together. It's probably going to me, but if I am happy to give access to others who. We're gonna decide that XD

6) Distribution/networking/getting the word out.

7) Determining "roll over" for surplus submissions (if necessary.)

8) Determining how much involvement/time each member can spare and helping spread the load out as much as each person can handle (I'm willing to take on the majority of work, but I also don't want to discourage the other members from taking on however much work they want to. If that makes sense. I don't want to be a control freak, but I also don't want to foist too much workload on others if they haven't the time to spare.)

9) Scheduling editing and final polish.

10) Handling any other issues that may arise as we put the zine together. I've never done this before, so we may have more going on than I anticipate.
16th Jan 2020, 7:30 PM #2
Count me in! I don't need to be a cook lol. I'll just give the ingredients haha
16th Jan 2020, 7:42 PM #3
Awesome! Thanks for being the first to step up to the plate :D

I am just FULL of analogies and metaphors this month XD
16th Jan 2020, 8:13 PM #4
Haha very punny. You're really cooking up the jokes XD
20th Jan 2020, 1:46 PM #5
With the responses of the initial discussion thread, I expected these slots to fill up incredibly fast. Huh.

I hesitated offering because I expected the slots to fill quickly, and because I have no experience with printing. Still, I am pretty good with organization and being picky about details thorough. So, I can help.
20th Jan 2020, 3:25 PM #6
I'm in. I have experience with old school print projects. I think having a physical zine to rep at cons is still a good idea.
20th Jan 2020, 6:40 PM #7
This awesome! Thank you two for signing up (I was starting to get worried--not that I don't think 2 can do it XD)

I'm glad to see some of you both have some experience, and Snarkclaw--your attention to detail is going to come in handy. I can edit, and have done so, but I still get worried I'll miss something. 'Cause I do. The more eyes the better.

Totally off subject, but a hilarious editing error:
One of my friends wrote an article for the Illinois Historical Society about some public school thing, and 5 different people edited this article: no caught the title misspelling "public schools."

It read something along the lines of "Tough Times for Pubic Schools." XD She was mortified when it went to print that way, but we all had a laugh later (I was thankfully NOT an editor on that one) XD

@Fire Jelly:

Yeah, I do like the idea of making the final product print ready :3 That way people can choose to print it, or we'll have that option to do so if we decide to :3
22nd Jan 2020, 7:06 PM #8
All righty everyone! Since this page has been up for a week, it's time for an update.

I won't be closing this thread (like the other,) so we can still accept a few more volunteers. But I am going to PM everyone who's signed up so far so we can schedule our first discussion to hammer the details of what we want to do for the first issue.

Thanks again to everyone who's signed up!
22nd Jan 2020, 8:29 PM #9
Hi there!

I think it would be helpful to put a brief summary of what the committee members would be doing. It's hard to look for it in the other thread because of so much text and unordered suggestions.

Remember, organization is key in order for a project to succeed.
22nd Jan 2020, 8:46 PM #10
Great idea! I will edit the above post to reflect that.

Thank you for the suggestion.
23rd Jan 2020, 8:45 PM #11
I do hereby volunteer for the committee.
23rd Jan 2020, 11:30 PM #12
Far out!

I'll PM you the message I sent others. I've got an e-mail from one member, but I created a Discord server, too. I just haven't had time to invite people yet.

Thanks for volunteering!