Forum > News & Announcements > Multi-image pages
Pages: 1 2 3
26th Feb 2020, 1:09 AM #41
Kyo:Well, I don't directly care about restricting the amount of images on the page, but the main reason for the 12 image limit is that if you do use your 2mb each image, that's already 24mb of image on a single page, and I wanted there to be some upper bound for that that's not completely ludicrous

Very reasonable, no problem Kyo! Thanks again for all of your work. I can't wait to take full advantage of this feature in my current and future works, and hope to see other comics utilising this as well!

Merged Doublepost:

Kyo, I'm so sorry I'm hopeless... Can I please bother you with one last question..

Is there a way to add a border around each comic image with code? I tried

#comicimage, #latestcomicimage, #main_banner {
max-width: 100%;
border: 2px solid #808080;

But it doesn't work, and then went through all the other elements I could find adding borders to everything but nothing is working :/

I'm a total noob at all this sorry man :(
26th Feb 2020, 8:15 AM #42
Kyo
🐊
well looking at the code on your test site, the reason the border is not showing up is that you just specified the width and the color, but forgot the border style ("solid")

so if you change

.comicsegmentimage {
    border: 2px black;

}

to

.comicsegmentimage {
    border: 2px solid black;

}

it should start working, but you'll also want to change those paddings you applied to margins, so they happen outside the border.

#comicimagewrap img {
    padding-top: 20px;
    padding-bottom: 400px;
}

to

#comicimagewrap img {
    margin-top: 20px;
    margin-bottom: 400px;
}

(you could also combine those two rules, they both select the same thing in different ways)
26th Feb 2020, 11:49 AM #43
Thanks so much once again Kyo! It's working perfectly. I don't know what I'd do without you. I'll leave you alone now :P
27th Feb 2020, 12:46 AM #44
Kyo:Well, I don't directly care about restricting the amount of images on the page, but the main reason for the 12 image limit is that if you do use your 2mb each image, that's already 24mb of image on a single page, and I wanted there to be some upper bound for that that's not completely ludicrous

Maybe make this limit based on the actual size of the images, not image count then? So e.g. you can upload 24mb worth of images even if single image is like 200kb? Sounds more like what you are trying to achieve (limiting usage of bandwidth over limiting image count).
28th Feb 2020, 6:12 AM #45
I just really needed to say thanks so much once again to Kyo. My comic went from an intimidating 780+ pages to just 155 thanks to this multi panel feature. This is just an amazing feature and I can't sing enough praises for it. Other scroll based comics need to get in on this NOW! Thanks again Kyo!!!
28th Feb 2020, 6:21 AM #46
Kyo
🐊
darkhog:Maybe make this limit based on the actual size of the images, not image count then? So e.g. you can upload 24mb worth of images even if single image is like 200kb? Sounds more like what you are trying to achieve (limiting usage of bandwidth over limiting image count).

the problem is that it makes things a little unpredictable/unintuitive. Like say you want to replace one image on a page with another one, but you add a fancy background and now it's suddenly 3 times the size. So now you can't replace the image without deleting other images on the page, because you're too close to the total filesize. Stuff like that just shouldn't happen to people, so the limit needs to be set in a way that's easy to keep track of and that won't cause anything unexpected to happen