Forum > Layouts, HTML, CSS & Javascript > I got asked "is there a way to save a spot?" / temp Bookmark?
Pages: 1
"I got asked "is there a way to save a spot?" / temp Bookmark?", 5 days ago, 1:45 PM #1
On SJ was an widget implemented to save the spot (current comic page) and when you opened the pages again, you clicked on it and could jump right to the page you had marked.
Like a temporary bookmark. When you proceed from there you'd hit it again to set another bookmark. the older one got deleted.

So, is there a way to set up something similar?

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
5 days ago, 2:05 PM #2
Botanist
"save my place"
uses cookies
need to enable it in your comic settings iirc
5 days ago, 3:46 PM #3
And where should this be?

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
5 days ago, 3:56 PM #4
paid to be there and look good
It's a feature that's normally included in the default template but it looks like it was removed from your comic.

You basically need to add this bit of code somewhere into your html:

<div id="saveplace"><a href="#" onclick="savePlace(this,[v:comicid]);return false;">Save My Place</a> | <a href="#" onclick="loadPlace();return false;">Load My Place</a></div>
5 days ago, 6:14 PM #5
It's a template from Smackjeeves which got edited a lot.
But the "Save My Place" was manged outside the template itself.

Your code snipped worked like a charm ...Thank you very much.

Forum > Layouts, HTML, CSS & Javascript > I got asked "is there a way to save a spot?" / temp Bookmark?
Pages: 1