Forum > News & Announcements > Introducing: ComicFury Narrow™
Pages: 1 2 3
19th Feb 2020, 5:46 PM #21
Saeriellyn: So just my vote, in case it’s something you ever considered - please don’t!

I second this! The comments and interactions with readers is one of the best parts of the CF experience!
19th Feb 2020, 6:05 PM #22
Kyo:
Yeah, it's being rendered at 1:1 size to the viewport, which would be about the same size as on your average desktop screen. However your phone screen has a much higher pixel density, so it looks ugly. Unfortunately to really fix this I would have to redesign the banner. That probably will happen, I've played around with it a little bit, but since I'd have to also re-do the image for each individual gator, I decided not to let this delay the whole thing.

I had a feeling this was the case. Totally understandable. Hopefully maybe the original creators might be able to help? (or better yet, this could be an excuse to have people submit moar furious gators).
19th Feb 2020, 6:11 PM #23
Kyo
🐊
i have most of the original files for the gators saved, and most of them are also in a big enough resolution for this not to be a problem, I'd just have to re-edit them is what i meant. I'll just have to redo the text stuff
19th Feb 2020, 6:42 PM #24
Kev

Looks good! Easy to use and navigate. :)
19th Feb 2020, 6:42 PM #25
🏋️‍🎨𝕽𝖊𝖓𝖆𝖎𝖘𝖘𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝕸𝖆𝖓 💅🏂
Kyo:I believe that using the internet on our phones is going to be the next big thing.

lies and falsehoods. it can't be a big thing if those phones are so small!

anyway, as far as I can tell, the default/desktop site got subtle changes as well. it's nice to see unspeakably huge images resized, for example. the Main button needs to come back though

what weirds me out is whatever happened to the user/comic profile layout. it's like one of those things that you only notice with the help of a mirror. basically, there's always been a lot of empty space under the avatars, but now that they're left-aligned, I actually see it! I like it, I just need some time to get used to it.
19th Feb 2020, 8:17 PM #26
Keeps with the times
I'm looking at the site on my phone and it's definitely looking good.

Weird thing is when I pulled it up on the desktop, the Gator at the top was missing which made navigation a bit difficult
19th Feb 2020, 8:43 PM #27
loved birds way before they were the word
I noticed one funny thing about the front page layout on mobile. The titles of the comics push into the comic avatars.

Edit: like this

19th Feb 2020, 9:56 PM #28
did you actually register a trademark for comicfury narrow
19th Feb 2020, 10:42 PM #29
And who could forget dear future knight
i did. pay up, kyo
19th Feb 2020, 11:22 PM #30
Not sure if it's because I'm getting old or what...but the font seems huge so I have to hold it back like those old school teachers whose vision has gone far. >.<

Only bug of sorts I saw was that the webcomic stats page is cramped to the point that the left scale on the chart doesn't read as a full number. Instead of

you see:

20th Feb 2020, 12:13 AM #31
jellyfishin:Gonna see how this displays on my tablet when I get home, but as of right now on my iPhone, mobile format looks super awesome. :D

It's even nicer on a tablet. Me likee, me likee a lot. :3
20th Feb 2020, 4:05 AM #32
Kyo
🐊
Lutzbug:I noticed one funny thing about the front page layout on mobile. The title of the comics push into the comic avatars.

Edit: like this

looks like safari webkit didn't like how I was applying the max-height there. should be fixed now!

Proxy170:Not sure if it's because I'm getting old or what...but the font seems huge so I have to hold it back like those old school teachers whose vision has gone far. >.<

Only bug of sorts I saw was that the webcomic stats page is cramped to the point that the left scale on the chart doesn't read as a full number. Instead of
[...]

yeah I'll have to think of something for the stats plot. Maybe I'll reduce it to 15 days on smaller screens or something

Anyone else have an opinion on the text size? I did shrink it down a little but I was kinda worried about making things illegible
20th Feb 2020, 5:25 AM #33
loved birds way before they were the word
Thank you, Kyo! Problem solved. It looks great now.
20th Feb 2020, 6:28 AM #34
So narrow. Much thin.
20th Feb 2020, 9:21 AM #35
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
CF narrow is so cool. I can finally see whats going on in the front page on my ultra wide screen work laptop....wait... whatever.
20th Feb 2020, 12:12 PM #36
Amazing! Now I don't have to zoom in to see others' comments! Good work, Kyo!
21st Feb 2020, 9:39 PM #37
Amazing work, very sleek and much more accessible, I love it! And just when I thought the site couldn't get any better
22nd Feb 2020, 1:36 AM #38
Awesome . I love the new mobile layout. I'm always on my phone when I visit this site.

I'm not sure if anyone has said this but I'm glad that the latest comics are still on the front page. It's how I discover new comics.
22nd Feb 2020, 4:48 AM #39
In Firefox on my PC, the "add a comic" page ( https://comicfury.com/managecomic.php?id=1437&action=uploadcomic#manage-content ) suddenly goes single column at a fairly generous width, and what is normally the left-hand menu pushes the add-a-comic form way down:

screenshot

It seems to me the page could stand to get a fair amount narrower (a few pixels wider and it goes back to normal) before resorting to this sudden somewhat inconvenient re-arrangement. I often browse at about this width.

It's been doing this since about the time of the big site color scheme change, I think.
22nd Feb 2020, 5:43 AM #40
Kyo
🐊
I haven't changed that breakpoint since I added the new management panel (I even checked in my git logs, since I wasn't sure if I had), so my guess is that your zoom level must have changed at that point, and you were zoomed out further than you are now