Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > CF Rotating Banner Returns
Pages: 1 2 3
"CF Rotating Banner Returns", 24th Feb 2020, 3:14 PM #1
Birb is the Worb
It never actually went away, I just stopped adding to it. But it still very much exists, and since people have been talking about wanting more comic ads lately, I figured now was the time to bring it back. I'll just paste in all the information from the old thread :3

Basically, this is a 'link exchange'/free project wonderful imitator. I've made a rotating banner of CF comics, and if you'd like in on this, say so in this thread, and then put this code on your comic site. This will show the banner of a CF comic that will change with every refresh.

<div class="adplugg-tag" data-adplugg-access-code="A48215015" data-adplugg-zone="allbanners"></div>
<script async src="//www.adplugg.com/serve/js/ad.js"></script>
<script>(AdPlugg=window.AdPlugg||[]).push({});</script>

I'll then add your comic's name to the following list of comics, and it's banner into the rotating comic banners, and that'll be it. I can help with things if anyone needs it.

For NSFW/explicit/mature comics:

Please use this code instead and specify when applying that your comic is for mature audiences only.
<div class="adplugg-tag" data-adplugg-access-code="A48215015" data-adplugg-zone="nsfwbanners"></div>
<script async src="//www.adplugg.com/serve/js/ad.js"></script>
<script>(AdPlugg=window.AdPlugg||[]).push({});</script>

I will put you in rotation with the following comics:

Questions:
24th Feb 2020, 6:21 PM #2
I would definitely like in on this :D

Uhm, may I ask, where precisely does that code go...? (I have not taken any time to learn/experiment with comic site coding, I apologize)

Merged Doublepost:

Like, does it go under "Edit Layout"??
24th Feb 2020, 6:29 PM #3
Birb is the Worb
It goes in the HTML box in the layout editor, and you can put it wherever you think it'd look good! Most people have put it at the top of the page, or just below the comments I think. An easy way is to look for the Project Wonderful code in the editor (if it's still there,) and put the code just before or after that.

Unfortunately if you're using the simple editor, there may not be a place to put it.

Edit: Yep, edit layout! As long as your layout is HTML it should work :3
24th Feb 2020, 6:32 PM #4
aH Hah! I got it :D Now to just place it somewhere visually appealing <3

Merged Doublepost:

Sorry, again...

QUESTION

I want the banner to appear right above my comment section and right below author notes. Do you know what the code looks like for those two things? Just having some trouble identifying it in the layout editing.
24th Feb 2020, 6:51 PM #5
Birb is the Worb
Alright, I put you in rotation!

Ah, alright for that I think you'll want to click the 'comic page' tab. The HTML for the comments should be found underneath 'permalinks.' I'm not sure author notes are there separately, but I hope that's helpful!
24th Feb 2020, 10:10 PM #6
Thank you :)
25th Feb 2020, 1:55 AM #7
I'd like in too!

I need to do some light coding (which I've never done before), but this seems simple enough!

[url=mbglovelymiracle.thecomicseries.com/][/url]

This is bad... I don't know how to post my banner in a forum post...
25th Feb 2020, 2:23 AM #8
Birb is the Worb
Is your banner this?

To post an image, right click the image and click copy image address, then on the forum thread the click add image button above, and paste.

Here's the code if you'd like it to be a link too!

[url=http://mbglovelymiracle.thecomicseries.com/][img]https://comicfury.com/comicbans/185/43785_1960105569.jpg[/img][/url]

Would you like some help with anything else? :3
25th Feb 2020, 6:50 AM #9
BMR

Neat. Glad to see more people getting in on this.
25th Feb 2020, 9:33 AM #10
I'd want to get in on this, but I should probably make a better banner for my comic, one that's not just the title. I mean, I have others, but I also don't have time to find the image addresses at the moment.
25th Feb 2020, 12:29 PM #11
Thank you for reviving this! I always meant to sign up, but never got around to it and the original forum thread got buried.

I'll update my sites' codes later this week, and post here when I do. :-)
25th Feb 2020, 6:04 PM #12
Birb is the Worb
Sounds good guys, lemme know when you're ready. 0w0
25th Feb 2020, 7:16 PM #13
Hey Jammy, I know you just added my banner but I made a nicer, new one. Would you mind adding that to the rotation instead, please?
25th Feb 2020, 7:23 PM #14
Birb is the Worb
Sure! Just changed it.
26th Feb 2020, 1:14 AM #15
thanks for showing how to make my banner show up! :D

26th Feb 2020, 2:22 PM #16
Question: Which site page(s) should the banner appear on? I was poking at the currently listed comics to procrastinate working on my comic for design inspiration, and noticed that the banner appeared on all pages for some sites, and apparently no pages for others.

I was figuring I'd put it on my Overview and Comic pages, but felt I should check on preference. Thanks!
26th Feb 2020, 2:42 PM #17
I lost this code. Thanks for bringing it back.

Merged Doublepost:

I put it in, but I don't see it anywhere.

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw what I was doing wrong.
26th Feb 2020, 2:51 PM #18
Birb is the Worb
Some don't have it appear on any page? Hm, I may need to take a look at this and maybe send some messages. Thanks!

It can be on either the overall layout (all pages) or just the comic page. It's just important that people using the banner have it visible to visitors reading the comic to keep things fair. So I don't mind if it's on all pages or just the main comic page, but I don't want people to tuck it away on an extra page somewhere, is all.
26th Feb 2020, 3:05 PM #19
Ooooh, lemme in! Although, I'm thinking of updating my banner so yeah.
26th Feb 2020, 3:11 PM #20
Also, Jammy, I wanted to ask you something else. How did you manage to put four banners in your signature side by side? I have been trying to do that, but they keep appearing stacked.
Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > CF Rotating Banner Returns
Pages: 1 2 3