Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > ComicFury Zine Logo Contest!
Pages: 1 2 3
"ComicFury Zine Logo Contest!", 12th Mar 2020, 7:28 PM #1
Good afternoon everyone!

So following some awesome idea generation from both the community here, and the team who volunteered to help organize this venture, we're finally getting ready to unveil the submission date and guidelines for the first Comic Fury Zine!

As part of this project, we've decided to get you involved even more by holding a Comic Fury Zine logo contest! A contest with submissions from you, the community, and judged by you, the community!

Banner/Logo/submission requirements:

Color Scheme: Green, grey, and white (the Comic Fury logo hues)

Additional Elements: must have an alligator somehow incorporated

Title/Tagline: Comic Fury Zine: A Comics Anthology

Font: If you choose to download a font, it MUST BE ROYALTY FREE (though, it might be more authentic to create a unique font!)

Dimensions: 500 x 90 pixels

Submission Format: .gif, .png

Submissions MUST BE E-MAILED to the following address: comicfuryzine@gmail.com

Deadline for Submissions: March 20, 2020

I may need to edit this if the team and I find I've made a mistake, or forgot to add something. If you have any questions, please comment here, because others may have the same question :D

The team (in alphabetical order):

Blue Dragon
Firefly Jelly
Megamaster
Robotwin
Snarkclaw

PRIZES!!!!

1st place-Logo is used for the Comic Fury Zine (with your handle or name in the credits every zine,) you get a free advert in the Zine, and fanart of your comic from the Zine Committee

2nd place-Fanart request of your comic/OC

All of the contest submissions will be noted in the first zine, with a link to your comic or social media.
12th Mar 2020, 8:28 PM #2
I'm in! It would be good practice.

But, if it's a contest, are there any rewards? Just curious, I'll still submit my entry.
12th Mar 2020, 8:57 PM #3
That's a great question. Let me get to back to you on if/what a prize would be. I don't want to make a decision without talking it out first XD

The winner, of course, is whose logo will be used for the Zine. And of course, there will be credit/announcement/etc. *But* let me see about more incentive!

I will edit the original post once we've discussed it :D
12th Mar 2020, 10:50 PM #4
Okie dokie! I will work on my entry this weekend :D
13th Mar 2020, 6:06 PM #5
Okay! We are going to offer some prizes! I'm just waiting for the group to agree to a proposal, and then I'm gonna update the main thread with the prizes :D
16th Mar 2020, 11:15 PM #6
Bump!

This is a great opportunity to buff up your design skills :D

Spread the word :D
16th Mar 2020, 11:55 PM #7
Oh man...logo design isn’t my strong point. But I’m curious to see how the Zine will be, (I know so little about zines, is it like an online magazine)?
17th Mar 2020, 1:58 AM #8
Yep yep! It's going to be a collection of Comic Fury artists. We're going to be unveiling the submission process very soon (the 25th.) This will include size/page requirements, submission length and everything you need to know about submitting :3

If you know any Furian who wants to submit a Logo design, please send them this way :D
17th Mar 2020, 3:23 AM #9
Well pfff—if not enough people are submitting then maybe I could try, Just warning you that I’m not good at that sorta thing. But I love gators. Looking forward to seeing what the zine is like!
17th Mar 2020, 6:16 AM #10
We got two submissions so far (groovie groovie!)

I stoked to see what people come up with :D
17th Mar 2020, 11:45 AM #11
I just sent in my entry, though I don't know how detailed it should've been, so I just made a cute little doodle.

17th Mar 2020, 3:21 PM #12
I accidentally sent in an entry :-O what have I done
17th Mar 2020, 4:07 PM #13
Dan with a Plan:I just sent in my entry, though I don't know how detailed it should've been, so I just made a cute little doodle.

I went for a minimalistic route too. I have never in my life drawn a croc until this past weekend ^^U
17th Mar 2020, 4:34 PM #14
Dan with a Plan:I just sent in my entry, though I don't know how detailed it should've been, so I just made a cute little doodle.

I bet it’s awesome!
17th Mar 2020, 11:01 PM #15

Here is my entry. You don't have to be an awesome designer to participate. Join for the fun of it!

(Wait, did I do this right? Goes back to read instructions.)
18th Mar 2020, 1:24 AM #16
As the person collecting the logo contest entries, I have two comments:

1. I love what I have seen so far!
2. Send me more! More!
18th Mar 2020, 1:56 AM #17
Sended
18th Mar 2020, 5:21 PM #18
OMG OMG! Yes! They all look so frickin' cool!!! :D (oops, you guys don't get to see them yet XD)
18th Mar 2020, 5:35 PM #19
Ahh I can’t wait too see all dem gators!
"Deadline Tomorrow!", 19th Mar 2020, 3:23 PM #20
I love the submissions so far. That said, send me more. MOAR!

Remember for anyone still thinking about it: the deadline is tomorrow, Friday, March 20.