Forum > General discussion > Things to Do in Isolation
Pages: 1 2 3
6 days ago, 3:43 AM #41
For anyone who likes to read, Project Gutenberg has sooooo many free books to download / read online!

www.gutenberg.org
6 days ago, 1:30 PM #42
Read webcomics! ;)
I don't know why I didn't post that before now. ;) Actually I do know: I just finished the complete archives of both Kevin & Kell and Schlock Mercenary before this crisis started! I guess I'm back in the mood because I put a bit of a dent in the Mansion of E's vast archives yesterday.
6 days ago, 3:38 PM #43
I'm spending part of my time watching surreal clips of North Korean television about the Great Leader Kim Jong Un.

Gourlish (my central art site, linked with my Deviantart and Twitter pages)
6 days ago, 4:43 PM #44
Just a suggestion for anyone posting on this thread- don't just tell us what you're doing- please give specific activities and interesting things you've found to pass the time that others can do, too.
If it's online, post a link. If it's cooking, give us the recipe and any tips. If it's a craft, give us a list of materials and procedures if necessary.
Or tell us about how you're doing old activities with new methods- playing RPGs over Zoom, etc.
Wash those hands, cover those coughs, shelter in place, take care and stay safe.
5 days ago, 1:50 AM #45
5 days ago, 3:48 PM #46
I'm fairly out of shape since after I stopped my regular exercise routine from a few years back. One thing that's especially bad is my flexibility and balance. So I figured this is a good time to start getting into yoga.

This was just day 2 of doing it, I find a youtube video for beginners and just follow along. Yesterday was 10 minutes and today was 15 minutes and while it's obviously too soon to say "I'M IMPROVING," it does feel good after I'm done and I know if I keep it up I'm going to get better at it.

The channel I've been using so far is SarahBethYoga, but there's lots of other options too so find the instructor who fits your needs and fitness level.
5 days ago, 4:58 PM #47
Well. I mean.

You can draw. :D lol
4 days ago, 1:12 AM #48
Sir Patrick Stewart comes through again. For the next month, everyone can watch CBS All Access for free!

Get CBS All Access for free!
4 days ago, 1:19 AM #49
Get sick? Is that an option?

Because that is apparently what I did. Yay.

Completely related, you can watch movies. I highly recommend JoJo Rabbit.
4 days ago, 1:42 AM #50
Time to just chill.
Catch up on podcasts,
Read comments,
And reconnect with online buddies you haven't chopped it up with for a while.
3 days ago, 1:59 AM #51
rivaling gator
Some great youtube channels I follow.

Bon Appétit is an awesome cooking show with step by steps and hilarious challenges. Clair does the "gourmet version" of popular snacks where she tries to figure out how to make storebought stuff in your home kitchen.

Alec Steele is a blacksmith with an amazing forge setup and really good camera work. He's also pretty funny and engaging.

Tiny Kittens- Watch livestreams of cute kitties from a foster-rescue.
3 days ago, 5:35 PM #52
Today I've been working my way through Wipeout 3 on my PS1. It's probably my favourite PS1 game, and I've finally managed to complete the Venom (medium level) class of races. Now it's on to the Rapier class, which is even more difficult. I find that the Wipeout games require a lot of skill to master, but once you improve at controlling your ship the later levels are easier to beat.

It's a pity that the versions of Wipeout I have on my PS2/3/4 feel somewhat less fun, even though their graphics are better. The Designers Republic/PS1 era series has a great vibe to it that later versions of the series lacked, and the Dualshock vibration on 3 combined with its audio when your ship grinds alongside a metallic trac gives a genuine scraping illusion.

Gourlish (my central art site, linked with my Deviantart and Twitter pages)
Today, 2:48 AM #53
Scrabble Loser 🦊
I don't know if someone has already said this, and I don't know who needs to hear it. But rewatch The Lord of the Rings. It is good for your soul.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"To you I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world...."
Today, 6:08 AM #54
I've been setting up my DeviantArt that I haven't used for YEARS, so yeah. Make art, and use the time we all have right now to show the world your art!
Today, 7:04 AM #55
RJDG14:Today I've been working my way through Wipeout 3 on my PS1. It's probably my favourite PS1 game, and I've finally managed to complete the Venom (medium level) class of races. Now it's on to the Rapier class, which is even more difficult. I find that the Wipeout games require a lot of skill to master, but once you improve at controlling your ship the later levels are easier to beat.

I loved that game, but I seem to recall a difficulty spike where suddenly one track is all 90-degree turns? I think I ragequit.
Today, 9:18 AM #56
Blimpmaster
If you're anything like me you have a steam account brimming with games you haven't even started yet, so this extra time can be spent on some of those!

I'm enjoying the Final Fantasy X HD remake right now--I forgot like half the story of that game, it's been a real trip going through it again.