Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > 30 Days of Characters: 2020
Pages: 1 2 3
8 days ago, 8:28 PM #21
Maybe this is the kick in the ketsu I need to start my non-Tangentville comic. Sign me up, please.

"You have my sword..."

"And you have my bow..."

"And my axe clumsy monochrome art!"
One week ago, 5:09 PM #22
I do have a question.

I plan on using this opportunity to work on character drafts for a comic idea that's been rattling around my brain for the better part of a decade. Some characters have personas/disguises and others are physically changed as things progress. Would say "Hero's Disguise" and "Hero Unmasked" (or even "Young Hero From A Flashback") be considered separate designs? Or would I not be able to stretch those out over a few days because they're the same character?

Just want to know so I can plan accordingly ^_^
One week ago, 5:41 PM #23
the only safe place is the top shelf
Last year I did indeed have some of my characters more than once, at several stages of their lives (and in one case even under different identities) - and nobody noticed complained!
One week ago, 7:33 PM #24
Hell yeah, count me in on this one if it's not too late to join!
Do I even have thirty characters?...
One week ago, 7:35 PM #25
voted to be eaten first
This thing starts on April 1st, so people have by the end of March to sign up.
One week ago, 7:36 PM #26
What a sucker
Slaviiik:Hell yeah, count me in on this one if it's not too late to join!
Do I even have thirty characters?...

I think a lot of it is NEW character designs. I have 29 planned, a few completely new, some that have been pinging around in my brain and are due a new design, and some who are only now getting a drawn debut.
6 days ago, 5:43 PM #27
What a sucker
Okay, final question, can I start working on the pieces before April, or does it have to be day-of?
6 days ago, 6:33 PM #28
the only safe place is the top shelf
The important thing (at least the way *I* have interpreted the rules so far) is that you shouldn't post the characters before their day is due. (E.g. not posting your 5th, 6th and 7th character on April 4th already.)
Preparing the images in advance is perfectly fine. (Nobody can and will control that anyway.)
I and others have often even pre-uploaded their images, setting the schedule for them to be released on a later day - and so far nobody has complained about this little "cheat".
6 days ago, 6:53 PM #29
What a sucker
Okay, thanks!
6 days ago, 6:58 PM #30
I'm gonna regret this, but, As I have multiple comics and ideas and nothing but free time as I am now even more of a hermit than I was previously before the Apocalypse -- sign me up.

Still, can you point me to the comic site so I can get an idea of what I should be doing?

... ANY bird can be a Phoenix, if it's ON FIRE.
6 days ago, 7:19 PM #31
Venture Capitalist
Here's this year's, and here's last year's.

Author comments have links to previous years.

This thing has been going for some time here.
6 days ago, 7:30 PM #32
KidCthulhu:I plan on using this opportunity to work on character drafts for a comic idea that's been rattling around my brain for the better part of a decade. Some characters have personas/disguises and others are physically changed as things progress. Would say "Hero's Disguise" and "Hero Unmasked" (or even "Young Hero From A Flashback") be considered separate designs? Or would I not be able to stretch those out over a few days because they're the same character?

Microraptor:Last year I did indeed have some of my characters more than once, at several stages of their lives (and in one case even under different identities) - and nobody noticed complained!

Like Microraptor, I featured different versions of the same character across multiple days last year. It took me a few tries to determine her design.

I think no one is going to be upset over seeing different designs, be they for the same character or not. If you post one same line-art with 30 days of different colors and no other change, then that might seem a little lame. ;-)
6 days ago, 7:45 PM #33
Birb is the Worb
I think I'd like to have a go at this again. I'll be designing the characters for my book idea, I might even try to tell a chronological story with them too. We'll see!
4 days ago, 8:47 PM #34
Is anyone else getting really psyched for this?

Over the past three days, I've started revisiting my notes & thumbnails for my characters I intend to showcase in this project (it's for a comic I haven't started). It's the happiest I've been since lockdown. Plus I'm actually making progress with the character designs that I've been stuck on for 7 or 8 years.
4 days ago, 8:56 PM #35
What a sucker
I am hyped up.
3 days ago, 12:10 AM #36
Can run and hide
i'll be cool to see what people will come up with this year
3 days ago, 2:21 AM #37
Venture Capitalist
So I started germinating some seeds and getting them ready to plant in my garden this year. Dumped a bunch of those little bastards in one of those starter trays and lo and behold they popped up everywhere.

Yeah, that’s what this is, except with story ideas. Be careful what you wish for.
3 days ago, 3:54 AM #38
swears it's 7 inches
Hope it ain't too late to get in on this. Last year's was fun

2 days ago, 4:27 PM #39
Can I participate, too? I have done the challenge wayyy back, in 2012, when the 30CC site still worked and I miss it. It is a unique but joyful experience.

Do we upload them or send them to the main starter?
2 days ago, 4:33 PM #40
voted to be eaten first
I've invited you to be an author of the series.

Speaking of which... the intro page is now up!