Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > ComicFury Theatre Exchange Signup
Pages: 1 2
"ComicFury Theatre Exchange Signup", 10 days ago, 4:18 PM #1
Birb is the Worb
Presently, life sucks. Can't go anywhere, can't do anything, definitely can't go to the theatre. Or can you?

Come on guys, let's have some fun and join in with another exchange. A theatre themed one!

The Basics
If you decide to take part, you will be assigned a comic to read, and will be asked to draw a piece of crossover fanart that features characters from both your assigned comic and your own comic. You will also receive a crossover fanart in return.

The theme is ‘Theatre’ or 'Show,' but feel free to interpret this how you like. The characters could be putting on/rehearsing a play/musical/, playing instruments/singing, doing a puppet show, or other types of performance. Though the play we'll be doing in the opening comic is The Wizard of Oz, your art does not have to have anything to do with The Wizard of Oz.

The Rules
1) This is a Crossover Exchange, so your piece should include at least one character from your own comic, and at least one character from the assigned comic (so at least 2 characters).
2) There are no set rules on length – you could do a single piece, a comic page, a multi-page story, whatever you are inspired to do. Just be sure to keep to the theme, put thought and effort into your piece, and to be respectful to the comic you are assigned.
3) While you can sign up with a NSFW comic, the submitted pieces should be SFW.
4) Assignments will be sent out by 3 April, and will be due 14 May. Please make sure you have the time to submit your piece (see Serious Stuff below).
5) PM completed pieces to me, so they are not seen before the Exchange goes live.
6) Again, have fun!

Collab Comic – Opening Act: The Wizard of Oz
As a fun extra, I will be organising a collaborative intro comic, featuring various ComicFury characters performing/attempting to perform The Wizard of Oz. If you would like to take part, you will be asked to draw one of your characters in a series of poses, which will be combined into a collab comic. If you’re not sure what this would look like, here is a link to the previous opening production.

If you wish to enter the collab comic as well as the main exchange, please note when you sign up which character you wish to include, and how many poses you are willing to draw. You can specify which role you'd like your character to play, but as with any audition I can't guarantee they'll get it. Characters who didn't have a main role in A Christmas Carol will get priority in casting. Please bear in mind main roles may take a lot of poses! I can do what I did last time and pull a couple of switcharoos, but I'd prefer not to if possible. But don't fear, I have some tricks up my sleeve to make things go further.

Signups
Signups will be open until 1 April. If you would like to take part, clearly state below that you are signing up, and give the following details:
1) The comic(s) you are signing up with (if you sign up with 2 comics, you will be assigned 2 comics to draw crossovers for)
2) Any flags your comic has (V/L/N/S)
3) Any flags you don’t want assigned (V/N/L/S) (if you don’t specify, we will assume you are okay with all flags)
4) If you would like to take part in the collab comic, and if so, which character you would like to feature, and how many poses you would be willing to draw.
5) Optional: If you like, list any comics you have previously been assigned so we can make sure you get something new. You can list everything you’ve done, just recent stuff, or not list past exchanges at all.

The Serious Stuff
Please make sure you follow the rules and keep to the theme of the exchange – I’d rather not have to request amendments to submitted pieces.

We will take into account any flags etc. you don't want to work with when assigning comics. You will not be able to switch comics once the assignments have gone out. If you have any concerns that you're not comfortable discussing on the forum, please drop me a PM before signups close.

Also, as stated above, please ensure you can commit to the exchange before signing up. The holiday season tends to be busy so please ensure you have taken into account any work/social commitments etc. when you are planning your time. If you do find yourself struggling, please let us know. We would rather know in good time if any issues come up than have people drop off the radar.

Of course sometimes, stuff happens. As such if you do need to drop out please let us know ASAP and preferably before the deadline so we can contact a backup. To note, if you drop out after the deadline or drop off the radar you could be at risk of getting called out.

The Other Stuff

Backups – Let us know us you would like to be a backup artist. If you’re not sure right now feel free to let us know later. We will contact you if someone drops out to see if you can take on the assignment.

Website Layout, Banner and Avatar – If anyone wants to take a crack at these, let us know. Otherwise, I’ll aim to put something together.

Deadlines Summary
Signups are open until 1 April
Assignments will be sent out on or before 3 April
Collab poses sent out by 7 April
Collab poses will be due on 7 May
Assignments will be due on 14 May
Collab comic starts posting 14 May
Exchange goes up 19 May

I’ve tried to include as much info as possible for any newcomers, but let us know if you have any questions. These dates may be a little more flexible than most exchange dates, but the deadline for crossover art coming in is fixed.
10 days ago, 4:32 PM #2
What a sucker
I'm really taking part this spring.

I'd like to sign up both of my comics, please!

LECTRO! has yellow violence and language tags, and in previous exchanges, has crossed over with:
-Silk and Sword
-War Planet
-The Mansion of E
-Peregrine
-Cosmos
-Ketsuekidoku

Pine Hill Creature Feature has Red Violence and Language tags, and has crossed over with:
-Randomly Assembled!

For both of these projects, I'd rather not work with any Nudity Tag, nor red Sex Tags.

As for auditions...

Let's see Stetson try out for a tree.

Merged Doublepost:

Also I can provide LECTRO Characters as Audience members.
10 days ago, 5:16 PM #3
Birb is the Worb
Cool, how many poses would you be willing to draw? :3
10 days ago, 5:29 PM #4
What a sucker
Maximum of five.
10 days ago, 5:59 PM #5
Sign me up with Eternita please!

Eternita has no flags. I'd perfer no S! or N! flags please.

With Eternita I've done exchanges with:
Beyond Bloom
Aster and Delphinium

I'd also like to sign up for the opening comic too. I'd like Hiro to be apart of the cast, it'd be good for him. XD Though when casting him, please keep in mind that he is mute, so a part that has either no lines or that he can mime would be good. Frankly, I think he'd be adorable sporting some dog ears and a tail and be Toto! He can audition for that part!

I can do 6 poses.
Story Completed!
10 days ago, 6:25 PM #6
Yup yup I'm definitely taking part in both of these. This is also good practice for my dynamic posing, which I'm balls at. (Also finding a consistent role sheet for the Wizard of Oz was harder than I thought) As for the opening act, I am auditioning:

Stigma Chronicle: (flagged with a yellow L) No previous exchanges, this is my first time.

-Else (As much as Dorothy appeals, there are probably better fits for that role, and a tree Stetson sounded hilarious so I wanna join that party. You can never have too many trees.)
-Beatrice (as an audience member, proudly observing her sister in this trainwreck)

And I literally have a theatre character but he's not introduced yet so this hurts :<

I like drawing poses so no limit here from me. But if I NEED a limit, I guess 10. I'm also fine with the sexual themes and the like, but given none of my cast currently debuting is 18+, no frontal nudity (N) flags from me.
10 days ago, 7:24 PM #7
I've been using Deer Me for ComicFury exchanges, so now I'm going to let Sharpclaw take a whirl!

Comic: Sharpclaw
Applicable Flags: none
Acceptable Flags: all
Collab Comic: Yes, please, with Adze in up to 3 poses. He would make an adorably resentful Toto or Munchkin (being a 4-ft anthropomorphic Cairn Terrier).

Backups: Maybe; I'll see how quickly I get my submission done before I commit. (Sorry; that was really wishy-washy.)

Previously assigned in exchanges to:
- Mel Cormac's Waste Of Time
- Jeremy7's LECTRO
- Alicia the Bard's Eternita
- BlueDragon's Dark Horse

Edited to add previous exchange assignments.
10 days ago, 7:45 PM #8
I'm in with The Year of Reflection!
I've done a bunch of crossovers with my prior comic It's Just another day, and while there is some bleedover character wise there's a lot of new stuff I'm working with so it'll be like starting from scratch haha.
I've got all flags on my comic, and I'm willing to work with all flags.
I'm definitely down for the intro comic, and I'll do 5 poses with my character Seeker!
(He's the one with the poofy hair!)
10 days ago, 8:04 PM #9
Yay, another exchange! Couldn't wait for this one to go up after watching it discussed! Wizard of Oz will be fun!

I'm in with The Battalion!
Comics we've done crossovers of: Karabear Comics Unlimited, Peregrine, Almighty Protectors, and Strangest Coven.
Comics we've had crossovers done by: Area42, Hierain Highs, Synthetic Life, and Theater of the Bloody Tongue

Battalion has orange flags for violence and language, though neither of those are prevalent in the few pages I currently have (maybe like one or two mild curse words?) I don't mind reading or drawing for comics with NSFW tags - anything is fair game!

I'll throw my hat into the collab as well, submitting Hienna, who will be auditioning for the role of Glinda. Because I was forced to as a kid, and you can bet your toilet paper I will put my characters through the same torture - and for as many poses as you need her for! (If needed, I can also submit another character for a cynical audience member! Or have Hienna double-up!)
9 days ago, 3:02 AM #10
BMR

Awesome. I'm signing up with [url=ashfacesdaughter.thecomicseries.com/]Ashface's Daughter[/url], which has the flags V/L. I'm fine with any flags.

I've previously crossed over with:
-Cryptida
-Queens
-Theater of the Bloody Tongue

I'd be willing to take part in the collab comic as well. I'll probably enter with the Master, and I'm willing to do up to 20 poses. I'd imagine that he would most want to audition for the part of Dorothy, but I fully expect that he'd be shot down, heh. If two characters are allowed, I'll throw in Anna as well, as a rather grumpy munchkin. Also willing to do 20 poses. Alternatively, the Master would be fine with the Wicked Witch along with Anna as a flying monkey.
9 days ago, 3:17 AM #11
Please sign me up!

1) My comic is The Devil of Angel Classroom
2) Light Orange N and Light Orange S
3) I do not have any reservations about tags....
4) I would like to take part in the collab, if nobody minds having a CG character hanging about. This time, I will audition Nana Hinawa for any part, really. Due to the nature of the medium I use for comic making, I have no limit to the poses I can do.
5) First time participating!

Gonna be a busy april! :"D
9 days ago, 5:29 AM #12
got away with it
It's been a whole year since my last exchange. let's have some fun!

1) My comic is I'm not your friend
2) Yellow L and S
3) I'd like to avoid Red V and S tags, and also both Yellow and Red N tags
4) I don't know which character would fit such an exchange better than my little star, Caroline, so I'll choose her for the intro comic. I don't see myself drawing any more than ten poses. That's my max.
9 days ago, 7:00 AM #13
not the one who meowed (?)
Yay! Your last production was a lot of fun :D

I'd like to offer to throw in some mooks if you need some background characters for the collab comic, like, filler characters to fill up audience chairs or towns or something.
9 days ago, 7:36 AM #14
Oooh, this looks fun. I'd like to join your collab!

My comic is Boss Rush! It has the flags Red V and Red L. I'm not a fan of Red S flags I'm afraid, but I digress. I'd like to have my character Ben audition for King George from Hamilton!

Comics I've already done a crossover with:
-Dark Horse
9 days ago, 8:34 AM #15
formerly Meekrat
I'll be using Subject M. My comic (Milty's Fictocomic Cavalcade) has the V, S, and L tags.

I would like to join in the collab comic and Subject M will take any role you might want to give him and I'd be willing to draw up to a dozen poses.

Milty's Fictocomic Cavalcade
9 days ago, 12:22 PM #16
Blimpmaster
Well I suddenly find myself with more free time, so I'm in!

1. I'm signing up with Waste Of Time

2. Flags for frequent strong language and mild sexual situations.

3. I'm happy with all flags.

4. I'd like to audition Seth for the intro comic. I think him as the scarecrow would be really fun, so I guess I'm committing to a lot of poses if he lands that role! But if you choose to cast his tall arse as a munchkin I am 1000% on board with him wearing shoes on his knees for the entire show.

5. I've done past exchanges with:
The Restless Dead
Kaza's Mate Gwenna
Super Galaxy Knights Deluxe R
Almighty Protectors & Karabear Comics Unlimited
The Wide Ocean

Not an exhaustive list, but I think those were the most recent ones.
9 days ago, 1:11 PM #17
BMR

NiaNook:I'd like to offer to throw in some mooks if you need some background characters for the collab comic, like, filler characters to fill up audience chairs or towns or something.

Oh, that's a good idea, I'll throw my hat in for this as well!
9 days ago, 2:14 PM #18
Birb is the Worb
We now have 14 comics signed up, and a cast of 16. I'm pretty sure we have enough people to cover all the roles now, but more are always appreciated, especially if you have characters who might want to play the lion or the tin man :D

To clarify, I haven't cast anyone yet, so new cast members will still have an even chance.
9 days ago, 2:15 PM #19
What a sucker
Just so we're clear, Stetson is auditioning for the role of an evil, apple-chucking tree, not a background element with a face, or a Diary of a Wimpy Kid-style benevolent singing tree.
9 days ago, 2:21 PM #20
Birb is the Worb
I getcha! Though you've just given me the start of some joke ideas, thank you :D
Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > ComicFury Theatre Exchange Signup
Pages: 1 2