Forum > General discussion > Spike in readers/hits ??
Pages: 1 2
"Spike in readers/hits ??", 11 days ago, 6:01 AM #1
I'm sure those of you with 'a million' regular readers and hundreds of subscribers won't be able to tell....but have any of you from the 'quieter, darker' corners of Fury noticed viewing spikes, now so many people are domestically incarcerated ??

The crew below have had 2 biggies, and LBD has had 1, in the past couple of days.
11 days ago, 6:26 AM #2
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
Quite the opposite.
11 days ago, 6:36 AM #3
I only noticed a spike in readers/hits when I advertised my comic outside of Comicfury.

TeePublic Store
11 days ago, 4:25 PM #4
The Letter M:Quite the opposite.

Same.

My comic was going up until COVID-19.

Probably people are not in the mood of bad animu drawings haha.
11 days ago, 4:31 PM #5
pigs are smarter than bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
i got 5k hits the other night after doing filler art for Data Chasers so, uh, Cent, hit me up again sometime ;D
11 days ago, 5:29 PM #6
I've also seen a decrease, though I sometimes get weird spikes at odd times. Since we release new pages on Fridays I expect the hits to go up then, but sometimes there will be a huge influx on a random Tuesday or whatever.
11 days ago, 8:16 PM #7
Definitely a decrease. Not majorly on update days but everything in between. Kind of the opposite of what I expected, I suppose.
11 days ago, 8:18 PM #8
Yeah... i was having a decrease but i did notice a few days ago kung fu grandma 2 which only has a few pages had like 500 views and 10 visitors in one day. This doesnt seem possible.

Maybe it was a glitch with a page refreshing and boosting numbers.
11 days ago, 8:25 PM #9
I have stagnation.
I get about 20 visitors a day, and about 100 pages views a day with 17 subscribed fans, and one regular commenters without an account and it's kind of been that way since I started uploading in January.

Currently, my comic is sitting around 250 pages and uploading 3 daily with 8 hour intervals at 1:00pm, 9:00pm, and 5:00am and I have no idea how to advertise it beyond shouting about it in a forum.
11 days ago, 8:29 PM #10
Hey yo i had this idea today.

What about a community youtube channel?

Maybe called "webcomic reviews"

This can be like a circle jerk where we promote our own comics but also some legit ones

There are a few motion comics on youtube which are actually really popular i cant rememner the names but i think some are god of martial arts and somthing about demons and gods.

We could also put up other videos just about comics and manga and artists in general.

This would not be allowed to bea comic fury channel, but it could mainly feature comic fury comics.
11 days ago, 9:27 PM #11
I’ve also got a decrease. Sometimes lately, when I check the numbers, it feels like I’m looking at a ghost town.
11 days ago, 9:43 PM #12
Well I get a lot of hits on Monday, usually...which tells me people are reading comics at work. Now there is no work...except for me.
"Bad timing?", 11 days ago, 10:05 PM #13
My current comic only started about a week before the pandemic was declared, so I can’t really say.
11 days ago, 10:41 PM #14
The past, like, three days, I've had a little bit more but some of them I know the people reading, some were me lol, and the rest idk if i can attribute to the 'vid

But the past two weeks of the actual quarantine i saw a decrease
11 days ago, 10:44 PM #15
loved birds way before they were the word
Maybe a little bit? Nothing really of note. I’d attribute higher readership to the higher number of pages I’ve been producing while under de facto house arrest.
11 days ago, 11:19 PM #16
So jealous. People say they are going crazy after a week at home but I would LOVE that. I've got a year of movies and shows to catch up on and I could draw all day.
11 days ago, 11:45 PM #17
Firefly Jelly:I've also seen a decrease, though I sometimes get weird spikes at odd times. Since we release new pages on Fridays I expect the hits to go up then, but sometimes there will be a huge influx on a random Tuesday or whatever.

I checked my statistics today and noticed there was a spike the day after the strip was published.

Maybe it's like @PandaCop said and there's a glitch?
10 days ago, 12:29 AM #18
Unapologetically Enthusiastic
I had a gigantic spike of views last Weds! Dunno what that meant tho.
10 days ago, 12:29 AM #19
Very little traffic for me on CF, but on Tapas and Webtoon I've had a huge increase.
On Tapas, I usually get about 5k on update day. This week I hit about 13k.
I've also seen an increase on my Patreon, funnily enough.
10 days ago, 12:41 AM #20
The number of visitors on my end has been pretty steady for the past few months, the number of pages read however are a little lower than average.
1-2 months ago I had a couple huge spikes on pages read but not visitors for some reason.
(IDK how you all do the hyperlinked comic banners)