Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > Now Accepting Comic Fury Zine Submissions!
Pages: 1 2 3
"Now Accepting Comic Fury Zine Submissions!", 1st Apr 2020, 5:05 PM #1
(Logo by Timishayd)

SUBMISSIONS FULL!

Good Morning Furians!

We are now accepting callers for these pendant keychains submissions for the Comic Fury Zine!
There are around 9 spots open, and it is FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE.

But, you MUST read the submission requirements very carefully! The committee (sounds ominous) reserves the right to reject any submissions that DO NOT FOLLOW the guidelines. Once accepted, we will also be working with you on edits and anything like that to make sure we all put our best foot forward. This is a promotional zine meant to entice new readers! So let's make it a good one :D

Submission Requirements:

*2-4 pages: self contained sample of your comic.

Definition of Self-Contained for our requirements:

*To submit, we require a rough draft of your idea: this can be a script, thumb nails, or sketches. Once accepted and a second draft is submitted, we will be editing to make sure there are errors (spelling/grammar/continuity/missing patterns/etc.)

-----If you do not want to send a sample of your comic (that is, a sample following the self
contained scene requirement,) you may also submit a "Summer" themed 2-4 draft/script/etc.

*Once approved/accepted, the final draft must be:
-----300 dpi, in .png format, fitting the template we provide (5.5 in. x 7.75 in./1650 x 2323 pixels with .25 of that being bleeds around the edges--text must be within the safety.

.png resizing: https://tinypng.com/

Template:

*SFW content only for this first Zine (there may be a NSFW one in the future, but we want to get this up and running first.)

*Please submit your very best quality work: remember, this is to promote and entice new readers. We all will continue to improve, but please make the finished product as polished as possible.

*First come, first serve. We can accept around 9 submissions (if all submissions are 4 pages in length. If there are some shorter ones, we *may* have some wiggle room.)

DEADLINE: First Draft April 22, 2020

You must submit to the following e-mail (do not post it here, please!): comicfuryzine@gmail.com

*Editors maintain the right to reject submission if it does not follow the requirements listed. Provided there is still space, you may resubmit a revised draft that does fit the requirements.

**We will have a privacy policy, also. All artists maintain the copyright of their works: we only have the right to distribute and promote work in the zine as a way to help promote our artists!

***People may print and distribute the zine, they CANNOT claim the work as their own, nor can they charge us for printing or re-distribution. We are not intending to sell this first zine, although in the future we may do a charity thing, or something of that nature, if the zine becomes successful.

1. One Spot Filled! (Lutzbug)
2. Spot Filled! (BluRaven C. Houvener)
3. Spot Filled! (Lee Lines)
4. Spot Filled! (Maelstrom51210)
5. Spot Filled! (Miaubol)
6. Spot Filled! (Seishin Hermy)
7. Spot Filled! (Amalockh1)
8. Spot Filled! (Dan with a Plan)
9. Spot Filled! (MegaMaster)

Edit: I'm adding the example I posted below, in a better place:
1st Apr 2020, 5:40 PM #2
I have no idea how any of this works so i will just be causing more work for others if i try to involve myself.

But if kung fu grandma could be included that would be pretty sweet.
1st Apr 2020, 5:58 PM #3
I definitely want in. I'll include something from my It's Just another day-verse!

I read that we'll be able to distribute and print the zine as we please. Will there be a master URL to distribute the Zine digitally?
That would be great if it was unified like that, we could send people to such n' such to read it.
1st Apr 2020, 6:21 PM #4
Panda Cop:I have no idea how any of this works so i will just be causing more work for others if i try to involve myself.

But if kung fu grandma could be included that would be pretty sweet.

Anyone who has their comic on Comic Fury is welcome to submit :D

But you must do so per the instructions above :3 The e-mail for submissions is comicfuryzine@gmail.com.

BluRaven C. Houvener:I definitely want in. I'll include something from my It's Just another day-verse!

I read that we'll be able to distribute and print the zine as we please. Will there be a master URL to distribute the Zine digitally?
That would be great if it was unified like that, we could send people to such n' such to read it.

Heck yeah! We look forward to seeing your idea :D

And I believe we are going to have a .pdf link or something of that nature. Robotwin I *think* had found a place to share it (sorry for speaking on your behalf, Robo!) But yeah, either way, we are going to have a central location for the finished Zine so anyone can access or promote :D

In Four pages (this is, again, a very bad example XD)
1 (has two people's names)
2 (the other character's name)
3 (joke)
4 (Cliffhanger?)

Or, to steal from the amazing The Cartoonist at Large (this is just from a Christmas Crossover, but he's great with short comics that are self-contained):
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
1st Apr 2020, 11:41 PM #5
So, do submissions for the zine have to be a random, short story or can they be scenes from your actual comic?

2nd Apr 2020, 12:09 AM #6
loved birds way before they were the word
I submitted a 4-page one shot story to the email. Will we be writing a new story for this zine or can it be pre-existing ones?
2nd Apr 2020, 12:25 AM #7
ShaRose49:So, do submissions for the zine have to be a random, short story or can they be scenes from your actual comic?

We are giving authors the option of either submitting a self-contained sample from their comic (the crappy example I gave was a 4 page scene from my Act 2...which isn't on Comic Fury yet XD).

Or, if the author so chooses, they may create a brand new 2-4 page "Summer" themed one-shot with characters from their comic. This can be canon for your story, or not.

We chose to give the sample of comic option for creators who wanted to participate, but were too busy to create an entirely new scene :D

We are still going to be editing whatever comes in, pre-existing or not (I can't tell you how many good Samaritans notify me of spelling/word choice errors that have been on my comic for years XD)

Lutzbug:I submitted a 4-page one shot story to the email. Will we be writing a new story for this zine or can it be pre-existing ones?

It can be an existing one :D In which case, you're going to have a leg up on the editing process. It should be from a comic you are working on, though, or has something up already on Comic Fury, since the whole purpose is to redirect people to the comic :3

I need to check with with Snarkclaw, but I'm gonna put you on the list, Lutzbug, since I have faith you've followed the guidelines. If something's amiss, we'll contact you. :D

Great questions, everyone!
2nd Apr 2020, 12:27 AM #8
I would like to submit something. Maybe a horror one shot.
2nd Apr 2020, 12:52 AM #9
Awesome! Go ahead and forward your script/thumbnail/etc to the comicfuryzine@gmail.com. We look forward to seeing it :D

Deadline for the first drafts/scripts/etc is April 22, 2020.
2nd Apr 2020, 12:55 AM #10
This is something I'd like to get involved in. I was already planning a mini-sode to restart my comic. (I already described it to BlueDragon) I was planning 4-5 pages. I think I just settled on 4!
2nd Apr 2020, 12:56 AM #11
XD Yeah, we debated a lot on length, but decided on the four pages so we could include more authors :3
2nd Apr 2020, 1:21 AM #12
I’m not sure if I have a self-contained scene that’s only 4 pages, so I might have to draw a new one at some point if I can, but we’ll see. Maybe this is a good opportunity to do some “cast interviews” with my characters...

But this zine sounds like it’ll be a cool thing, and I can’t wait to see what it’s like!

3rd Apr 2020, 3:30 PM #13
I just sent mine in. I normally don't do rough drafts for my comics so it's probably gonna need some edits haha.
3rd Apr 2020, 4:17 PM #14
Whoot! Keep 'em coming :D
4th Apr 2020, 12:13 AM #15
I can't send to that email. I get an error message.
4th Apr 2020, 1:41 AM #16
Have you tried copying and pasting it? I usually have to do it that way XD

comicfuryzine@gmail.com
4th Apr 2020, 2:17 AM #17
I tried that, it didn't work. I use Yahoo mail. I PM'd you a plot summary so you know what I plan.
4th Apr 2020, 4:19 PM #18
I just submitted my application. Because of the pandemic I'm not working a ton and one of my goals for this year is to aggressively promote Demon King, especially since Smackjeeves went kaput. So there you go.
4th Apr 2020, 4:27 PM #19
Lee Lines:I tried that, it didn't work. I use Yahoo mail. I PM'd you a plot summary so you know what I plan.

Okay, since you reached out, I'll go ahead and e-mail what you sent me :3 Snark Claw is organizing all submissions, so I'll get it the e-mail for ya ;)

@Maelstrom

I'm glad you're getting time to work and promote! These are awful events taking place, but we've all got to make the best of it, and channeling that time and energy into art is a perfect way to take advantage of the situation.

I'm gonna go ahead and add you guys to the list :3
4th Apr 2020, 6:23 PM #20
I'll try to come up with something on time! This sounds like fun~
Pages: 1 2 3