Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17
18th May 2020, 7:15 PM #21
Birb is the Worb
Aah what a cute kitty! All these birbs, kitties doggos and bunnies are cute :D

Also that's funny because my Pippin's named after him too! Technically, her full name is Peregrine Chook XD
18th May 2020, 7:45 PM #22
Taking Names & Spitting Images
Just to mix things up, here's a photo of my girl Puppy

...who is currently loose in the attic |8-[

I'm not too worried; snake metabolism is crazy and it's going into summer, so the climate shouldn't harm her. You don't "find" a snake most of the time; you just gotta be patient and keep your eyes open. They appear when you least expect it! Like in your southern boyfriend's luggage *cough*

E: omg Peregrine Chook
18th May 2020, 7:48 PM #23
I'm allergic to a lot of fur-bearing animals and we travel for long stretches (though not these days) so having a pet is problematic. My wife was very happy when the neighbor's older cat showed up on our porch and she could pet him and give him treats. The funniest thing was that the cat, of course, already had a name but my wife gave him one, too.
He's a super friendly cat, loved to go out to anyone walking by and get petted. He'd hang out on our porch all day, sitting on my wicker rocker (I just took the steps) and then he'd go home at night.
The neighbors moved last year and we were a little heartbroken, but they didn't move far and we have visitation rights. The pandemic has put a stop to even that, but we're hoping that we can see ol' Tigersaurus again.

18th May 2020, 7:55 PM #24
🕎 Light it up 🕎
snook
This was my baby boy hoggie, Henry Peppercorn before my mom killed him and didn't tell me

My chameleon unfortunately passed away last year and now I'm mostly just.. into tarantulas and other inverts, asides from my cat.

edit: why did I not include my cat, literally the only thing that keeps me from yeeting myself
20th May 2020, 5:08 PM #25
Birb is the Worb
My smart lil girl knows tricks!

20th May 2020, 8:11 PM #26
i have two cats, they're both amazing good people but i definitely have a favorite

This is her, this is my angel, this is Mommy's Baby

i love her so, so so much ;;
20th May 2020, 9:02 PM #27
JammyTheBirb:My smart lil girl knows tricks!

Video

So smart! She seems eager.

mitchellbravo:i have two cats, they're both amazing good people but i definitely have a favorite

This is her, this is my angel, this is Mommy's Baby

i love her so, so so much ;;

This picture is precious?!?? She is actually round. It's like a spoonful of kitten
She's so oblivious
20th May 2020, 9:06 PM #28
formerly Kei Esteban
My dogs Stella & lulu.

We had Stella for 5 years, and she is super attached to me.
At the pet store, She was the only Dog being chill, so that's why I picked her.
They let me walk her around the shop a bit, to see how we get along,
when we were done, She tried going back in her Cage!

Lulu we had for like 15 years! She was abandoned,
and my Mom found her, while driving around.
she opened her car door, and Lulu jumped right in!
She's quite small but also very loud and bossy!
21st May 2020, 3:51 AM #29
maice:
This picture is precious?!?? She is actually round. It's like a spoonful of kitten
She's so oblivious

omg
she is partly blind and mostly deaf and just loves screaming and being around people she's just happy 100% of the time, she is absolutely a spoonful
22nd May 2020, 8:07 PM #30
She keeps making that "mmmparp" noise cats make before they puke or do a hairball but then just smiles at me :/
22nd May 2020, 8:26 PM #31
(Spoiler'd because it's an insect.)

I had this praying mantis years ago, it's one of the few I kept. She was an adult female Sphodromantis lineola that I purchased as a nymph from a local exotics breeder. Praying mantids are really cool animals, it was fascinating to watch Chitin hunt and strike her prey. Sadly she died not too long after moulting to her final instar, possibly as a result of a fungal infection. I loved having her around though.
22nd May 2020, 9:28 PM #32
Meanwhile, I just came back from taking my blue front Amazon to the vet. He just needed his nails trimmed, but they wouldn't do it this time without an exam. Then we ended up doing blood work. So there goes half my stimulus check :P

But at least the birb is good and that's really all that matters ^_^
16th Jul 2020, 6:55 PM #33
Sincere recommendation- Next time you're looking to adopt, consider pets with special needs. You can rescue an animal that would otherwise be destroyed and have a rad companion for years.

They also sometimes come with cool perks. Example: Deaf/hard of hearing cats likely aren't afraid of the vacuum cleaner unless you have the "carpet" function on that lets them sense the vibration. You can put on the upholstery attachment and groom your deaf cat by literally vacuuming them. Handheld vacs with a brush attachment also work. It massages them and pulls away the loose tufts of fur that they otherwise would have to groom. Just be careful and not be an idiot about what attachment you use, obviously. Source: I've had 2 deaf cats (one is pictured in kitty condo above and has always been partly deaf; the other was old as hell and lost his hearing as he aged) and both of them love/loved getting 'cuumed.
16th Jul 2020, 7:25 PM #34
Birb is the Worb
Another Pippin video. Here's her saying peekaboo! She can also say cuddle and Pippin!

16th Jul 2020, 8:58 PM #35
loved birds way before they were the word
Nora after a walk!

16th Jul 2020, 9:00 PM #36
Look at that smile :)

She's ready for another loaf of bread
3rd Aug 2020, 6:03 PM #37
My cats are both indoors-only. Back home, with my cat that lived to be 18, in his later years, I used to let him out on the back deck with the gate closed because he just liked to sit in the sun- he did not hear the birds or get distracted by anything, just loved spending his golden years relaxing in the sunshine. We lived in an area where I was not worried about him getting picked off by a hawk or other predator.

I don't do that now, but I do like to take my good-natured cat (vacuumable one described multiple times prior in the thread), sling her under my arm against my hip like a rifle, and take her up to the sidwalk with me to get the mail. She never fights to get out of my arms, just looks with her partial blind eyes happily around at her world, enjoying the warmth of the sun. When we get back inside, I set her down and pet her and she walks away with a happy tail, her day enriched.
8th Aug 2020, 9:36 AM #38
I MUST SHOW YOU ALL MY CAT

her name is harley, she currently lives with my older sister because my current house does not allow pets (unless it's a fish)

8th Aug 2020, 11:09 AM #39
loved birds way before they were the word
In reality, Nora was very tired after going on a long walk and was barely awake for this photo

But it looks like she inhaled an entire bong in one hit

8th Aug 2020, 11:55 AM #40
Lutzbug:In reality, Nora was very tired after going on a long walk and was barely awake for this photo

But it looks like she inhaled an entire bong in one hit

nora: *hits bong* hmm, I could really go for a loaf of bread right now.