Forum > News & Announcements > ComicFury Infinite Scroll
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
24th May 2020, 4:06 PM #21
Santa's little mercenary
this is actually perfect for my webcomic... because it already uses a scrolling format! (not to mention that the site you made is like a million times cleaner than my original site... curses.)
24th May 2020, 4:06 PM #22
Oooh, I really like this, especially that it's optional! My comic is super click-heavy, and I figure that it's inconvenient/uncomfortable for some people to read that way... So I can just add this as an option in my menu bar, and voila! No more need to click every panel, if they don't want to! I guess the only problem I have is that I have a button on my site that takes readers to the most recent update (since it's not actually the latest page), and I don't think I can add code to this offshoot page... So I'll just have to rely on people saving their place.
24th May 2020, 4:13 PM #23
Kyo
🐊
that's a good point, I'll add a variable that links to the same page you're on, on the infinite scroll viewer

e: oh nevermind, I misunderstood what you were saying. Yeah, I don't immediately have a good solution there.
24th May 2020, 4:20 PM #24
Thanks, Kyo. This is great.
24th May 2020, 4:22 PM #25
I'm on board as long as desktop isn't forced to use infinite scroll. That crap drives me up the wall and has made me stop using various websites before.
24th May 2020, 4:29 PM #26
LMS

Looking slick, Kyo! *Hands cocoa.*

My only crit is how it handles long titles:
24th May 2020, 5:00 PM #27
Awesome stuff here so far!
Two things I wouldn’t mind:
1. Option to just turn off the comments/author comments. With my page by page comic it looks a little clunky and just isn’t pleasant to navigate.

2. I think this was mentioned before but having the option to put a link in the navigation area of the simple layout editor layouts would be nice. Something that just says β€œmobile reader” or something.

Thanks for being awesome!
24th May 2020, 5:22 PM #28
Kyo
🐊
I'll definitely add the ability to toggle some stuff like comments, I've got a pretty long list of various small improvements I still want to make down the road, but since this already took me several months to do, I saved some stuff for later.

Adding a link to it to default layouts + simple layouts is also going to happen probably today or tomorrow

LMS:Looking slick, Kyo! *Hands cocoa.*

My only crit is how it handles long titles:

Oops, will fix!

Bropocalypse:I'm on board as long as desktop isn't forced to use infinite scroll. That crap drives me up the wall and has made me stop using various websites before.

it's not forced, although there is an option for authors to disable one mode or the other in the webcomic settings.
24th May 2020, 5:26 PM #29
TRMcLeod:

I’m still having problems with Patreon. I think it hates me.
But one day I will fund the man who gives meaning to my free time
24th May 2020, 5:56 PM #30
This is awesome Kyo, well done! I saw it before I saw the forum post so I was all excited and rushed over here to see who’s talking about it.

I just have one question about image sizes. When I view on my iPad my comic looks a little blurry. I am guessing its making the pages bigger than they are (mine stay pretty small at 600px wide) but I cant be sure because I’m not very iPad savvy. I figure it will look better on my phone, but I was just wondering if this is correct, and if so, intended or is it possible to do something about image sizes for smaller pages like mine, thank you!

I always resize my pages because of file size and I’m afraid of theft. Not to say anyone would want to on my personal project but I did have it happen before on fanart once and now I never post full-size anything, anywhere.
24th May 2020, 6:00 PM #31
Kyo
🐊
it shouldn't upscale them, only downscale. I tested it on my dads ipad 2 (it's pretty old though, it has ios 9) and it doesn't increase the size past the image size, unless i zoom in
24th May 2020, 6:05 PM #32
Thanks, I’ll check on my desktop later then! Not sure what could be going on with my iPad
24th May 2020, 6:12 PM #33
πŸ‹οΈβ€πŸŽ¨π•½π–Šπ–“π–†π–Žπ–˜π–˜π–†π–“π–ˆπ–Š 𝕸𝖆𝖓 πŸ’…πŸ‚
oh hey, it's done! congrats, Kyo! I dare not ask how many hours it took.

not gonna use/default to it, because the scroll/vertical format is so not my thing, and I like my custom layouts. but I can appreciate that it's an option, and it does look pretty nice! :)

I love the new gator, too.
24th May 2020, 6:25 PM #34
Kyo
🐊
maice:Thanks, I’ll check on my desktop later then! Not sure what could be going on with my iPad

you know what, i think it might be because of the retina screen on the ipad. So each pixel would be doubled in size by the ipad, which would cause it to look disproportionally blurry compared to most of the rest of the interface, which is either vectors or at least twice the size it's being displayed at, for retina screens. If this is the case, I don't think there would be a way to fix it without using a higher resolution image
24th May 2020, 6:33 PM #35
The new infinite scroll looks really good! I love this new addition!

A couple of things that I noticed were that the bgs aren't white and I'm wondering of I can change that somehow? All my pages have been pngs so I've been counting on the bgs to be white for the spaces in between panels.
Also (I hope this image isnt huge, I'm on mobile)

I used the fact that images can be displayed in comments for lots of things like putting out treats for Halloween. Is that not possible with infinite scroll?
24th May 2020, 6:42 PM #36
It looks to me like a crying crocodile who's going through unpayable receipts.

24th May 2020, 6:42 PM #37
Kyo
🐊
Dyohna:The new infinite scroll looks really good! I love this new addition!

A couple of things that I noticed were that the bgs aren't white and I'm wondering of I can change that somehow? All my pages have been pngs so I've been counting on the bgs to be white for the spaces in between panels.
Also (I hope this image isnt huge, I'm on mobile)

I used the fact that images can be displayed in comments for lots of things like putting out treats for Halloween. Is that not possible with infinite scroll?

Images in author notes: unfortunately not. I really wanted to get it to work at least in author notes, but a limitation of the infinite scroll viewer is that the dimensions of each image in the infinite feed must be exactly known, since otherwise it messes up the height calculations if the image loads slowly.

The background thing I'm unfortunately also unsure about, I'm kind of hesitant to take away peoples ability to use transparent backgrounds by giving the images a white backdrop, since if I did that, I'd be taking away the only way to have panels blend in both in light and in dark mode.
24th May 2020, 6:52 PM #38
Holy crap I love this so much, personally my comic was made for Webtoon and now I can have both a customized page-by-page site AND an easier-to-read scrolling one aaaaaaaaaa. Honestly if networking weren't a problem, this change might be enough to push me off of Tapas and Webtoon and exclusively post here. My only issue I was gonna comment on how the comments sorta break up the flow and if there was an option to disable that for the scroll view specifically, but someone already said it so I'm all game for this.
24th May 2020, 6:53 PM #39
Taking Names & Spitting Images
OH WOW!!! This is so cool, I love it! :0 :-D
24th May 2020, 6:55 PM #40
Kyo this is awesome!

Merged Doublepost:

Is there a way to link the in infinite scroll version of the site from the original site?

EDIT: Nvm I reread lol