Forum > News & Announcements > notifications
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
11 days ago, 12:21 PM #21
Thanks Kyo this is great.
11 days ago, 12:23 PM #22
Kyo:to be honest, I also think "Notifications" is easier to understand, and I was almost going to change it to that (the section was called "My Updates" before this update) - the reason I went with updates is pretty much purely because notifications is too long for the smallest phone screen sizes to still have the menu bar fit in one row, and I couldn't come up with a good way of abbreviating it.

AH that explains it. Then would the Notifications area be better as the "My Updates" area so its not mistaken as site updates? My shortening to "Notif" probably wouldn't be good because that wouldn't be a common phrase people use or understand until they'd click on it. But also, now that I know what Updates is, I'm not going to forget. If "My Updates" would still fit, I wouldn't mind it as that, either.
11 days ago, 12:24 PM #23
Kyo
🐊
Maybe I'll revert it to "My Updates" at least in situations where it fits
11 days ago, 12:26 PM #24
it sucks!!!!!!!!!!!
Just kidding.
It's pretty cool.
11 days ago, 12:37 PM #25
β›„οΈπŸŽ„CassmastasticπŸŽ…πŸŽ
This is great! Thank you Kyo~
11 days ago, 12:41 PM #26
🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍏🍍
Kyo:author invites, and if you're a mod, reports. so not much right now

Now I can disable other and ignore my mod duties without being criticized because Kyo gave me the tools to do so.

Darksh1ne:Just one tiny, insignificant thing - the color choice seems to be odd. White-bluish, while the rest of the site is white and grey.

I think if the corners of the boxes had a slight rounding like other boxes on the site it might be a bit more on-theme.
11 days ago, 1:01 PM #27
Kyo
🐊
by the way, that setting just sets what the number in the header should alert you of, the notifications still show up in your feed. But I could totally add an option to also hide those notifications from your feed

e: but nama is not allowed to use it
11 days ago, 1:02 PM #28
It looks really nice! <3
11 days ago, 1:03 PM #29
🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍏🍍
Kyo:by the way, that setting just sets what the number in the header should alert you of, the notifications still show up in your feed. But I could totally add an option to also hide those notifications from your feed

e: but nama is not allowed to use it

So close
11 days ago, 1:42 PM #30
I kind of like the new design. Very colourful.
11 days ago, 1:54 PM #31
Works p well, thanks.
11 days ago, 1:56 PM #32
Just one thing, the design of the notifications (Updates) doesn't match the rest of the site. I know this is just an aesthetics thing, but as someone who studied user interface design, it looks a bit off. Will it be changed to match the rest of the site or will the site have further updates matching the notifications design as it is now?
11 days ago, 2:15 PM #33
πŸ‹οΈβ€πŸŽ¨π•½π–Šπ–“π–†π–Žπ–˜π–˜π–†π–“π–ˆπ–Š 𝕸𝖆𝖓 πŸ’…πŸ‚
oh sweet!

what I like:

- different kinds of notifications are now easier to notice, and color-coded to boot
- site announcements do sound pretty important, adding them was a nice touch
- I somehow never experienced the "notifications disappear for no reason" issue, but I'm glad it's fixed
- hey there's even a notification for updates to the comics you're following!
- anything else not listed in this post I guess

what I don't really like:

- this bluish background... are you sure you can't use the forum colors like before?
- the expanded mode reminds me of the clunkiness of "trendy" sites. does it need to be an option? compact mode is way better.
- do we really need to make subs sound less fleeting than they are? I understand the desire to find out who subbed to your comics without scrolling down the stat page, but the site making a huge deal of every subscription kinda takes away the "bonus" feel it had, and raises expectations even though we know all subs β‰  all active readers. dunno, it's probably just cause I think of the sub stat itself as "people who liked your comic enough to follow it at some point and that's it". (then again I guess it is more important now with the recommendations thing)

overall, this is another very cool update that doesn't make the site harder to navigate or anything annoying like that. also what are "other" notifications supposed to be about??
11 days ago, 2:23 PM #34
loved birds way before they were the word
Niiiiice, thank you! I like the addition of notifs for author blogsβ€”before this update, there was no way to see them unless you explicitly looked for them and they mostly got ignored. I’m happy to see that we’ll have a way to be notified of them!

Personally I like being notified that I have a new subscriber. Very gratifying.
"Sometimes I add a title to my posts", 11 days ago, 2:34 PM #35
welcome to get off my lawn!
It's a nice change, very cool looking!! Colors are nice to have.

Can there be a way to hide the notification settings somehow though? It just seems busy to have it constantly there, and I don't know that I'm likely to change my notification settings maybe ever.
11 days ago, 2:38 PM #36
formerly DrFurball
Yeah, this is a rad update! Stuff like replies to comments I've made on comics that aren't mine are so much easier to see now! Thanks!

Kyo:the reason I went with updates is pretty much purely because notifications is too long for the smallest phone screen sizes to still have the menu bar fit in one row, and I couldn't come up with a good way of abbreviating it.

"Notes", perhaps?
11 days ago, 3:01 PM #37

"Notes", perhaps?

Change it to "HEY!!!!" and it only appears if you have unviewed notices

Sincerely though this is very pleasing and a Very Good Update. Thanks for putting this together!!
11 days ago, 3:04 PM #38
Lutzbug:Niiiiice, thank you! I like the addition of notifs for author blogsβ€”before this update, there was no way to see them unless you explicitly looked for them and they mostly got ignored. I’m happy to see that we’ll have a way to be notified of them!

Personally I like being notified that I have a new subscriber. Very gratifying.

So much this! I couldn't agree more.
11 days ago, 3:08 PM #39
Thanks so much for all your hard work, Kyo!! I love this <3
11 days ago, 3:10 PM #40
Wahhh! *__* This is a great update, thank you!