Forum > News & Announcements > please adjust your time zone settings one final time i am so sorry
Pages: 1 2
"please adjust your time zone settings one final time i am so sorry", 3rd Jul 2020, 11:11 AM #1
Kyo
🐊
hi

i promise i won't spam these announcement notification thingies, but I do actually have something that requires your attention, at least if you schedule uploads or care about what time is displayed on your webcomic site.

if you've been using the site for a little bit, you might by now have come to see that our lovely robotic home here is maybe a little ignorant to the complexities of DST. Which is to say it completely ignores it and just acts like it's the same time all year round. So you end up either having to just accept and resign to that, or you constantly have to update your settings.

Well, the bug is fixed! So please adjust your time zone settings in your account settings, as well as the webcomic settings for your webcomics (webcomics have a seperate time zone setting to allow for multiple authors in different time zones) - the new setting is based on location, so you will have to adjust it even if it displays the right time right now (unless the default value it picked just happened to be correct).

This was probably the longest standing significant bug, so I'm pretty glad to see it finally resolved, and uh, sorry it took so long.
3rd Jul 2020, 11:19 AM #2
Thank you very much for your work on this. :)
3rd Jul 2020, 11:21 AM #3
You should have kept it like that in protest of DST.

C'mon America! It's 2006! time to modernize!

Also thanks for fixing it.
3rd Jul 2020, 11:23 AM #4
Kyo
🐊
it was definitely getting to the point where just waiting it out was an option deserving consideration. DST is just a fad right
3rd Jul 2020, 11:32 AM #5
Uh... which one is Eastern Standard Time? I didn’t realize there were so many time zones...

Also, will this setting affect comics that I’ve scheduled to upload beforehand? I don’t want to wreck the timing of my Halloween comic.
3rd Jul 2020, 11:34 AM #6
what is the time difference between UTC and PST? The closest zone setting I can find is Los Angeles (I'm in Tualatin, OR) but the time for that zone says 7:00 when it's the 4am hour for me.

3rd Jul 2020, 11:43 AM #7
Kyo
🐊
EST should be America / New York, PST would be America / Los Angeles, but I'll add those to the list as well to make it less confusing.

the setting will not affect the point in time at which scheduled pages are released

e: alright, I made the dropdown a bit easier to use, I hope.
3rd Jul 2020, 12:01 PM #8
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
I will put this onto my to do list. I've just been telling it to update at midnight and then letting Cronus figure out who's midnight that is.

(in all honesty that will remain my system.as long as it updates some time on Saturday I don't care.)
3rd Jul 2020, 12:22 PM #9
Done! Thank you for the fix
3rd Jul 2020, 12:27 PM #10
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
Hey. Thanks for always working so hard on things like this, Kyo!
3rd Jul 2020, 12:58 PM #11
Blimpmaster
Thank you Kyo! The timezone thing has been gently bugging me for a while, so thanks!

I did have to change a couple upload times (changing the timezone changed future pages from midnight to 1am) but the mass edit feature made quick work of that!
3rd Jul 2020, 1:56 PM #12
Oh, yeah! Darn thing, those timezones! But thanks for the notif!

Mine has been fixed!
3rd Jul 2020, 2:00 PM #13
I had gotten used to mentally converting it XD...
Thank you! Awesome job with the dropdown too, it's very easy to use.
3rd Jul 2020, 2:16 PM #14
it's pronounced "Kooky"
Can we get the time zone option for R'lyeh where the great one sleeps? Thanks.
3rd Jul 2020, 4:25 PM #15
Wait, did daylight whatever time change today?
3rd Jul 2020, 5:47 PM #16
Kyo:it was definitely getting to the point where just waiting it out was an option deserving consideration. DST is just a fad right

...and to throw even more fun into the mess, the three west coast states in the U.S. are in a stand-off over making Daylight Savings Time permanent.

Oregon has officially changed to Daylight Savings Time but has not implemented it yet. The roadblock is getting approval from the Federal Government.

Washington...(see above)

California voters passed a referendum to give power to the legislature to make Daylight Savings Time permanent. The bill is stalled because some committee is arguing about how to implement the change.

And(surprise)implementation of the change is contingent upon approval of the Federal Government.

So if this miracle of governmental machination comes to pass during the March to November part of the calendar year, those of us in the Pacific Time Zone will not have to do a thing.

The phone is mightier than the assault rifle.
3rd Jul 2020, 6:13 PM #17
thanks kyo! i'd resigned to changing my settings every 6 months lmao. it's good to see this feature working
4th Jul 2020, 12:58 PM #18
Will do!
4th Jul 2020, 5:10 PM #19
Greatly appreciated! ^^
4th Jul 2020, 6:01 PM #20
Cheers.

Forum > News & Announcements > please adjust your time zone settings one final time i am so sorry
Pages: 1 2