Forum > Forum games > What do you think the above person's comic is about
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
"What do you think the above person's comic is about", 16th Jul 2020, 9:43 PM #1
*Game, for Fun*

Optional backstory:

Gameplay:
1. You can only play if you haven't read the above person's comic.
2. Using the comic's banner, title, avatar, and perhaps its most recent page or a random page in the archive, and what you know about the poster, spin out for us what you think that person's comic is about. Just a sentence or two will do.

Troubleshooting:
*You don't have to then go on to read the person's comic. I just want you to hypothesize about it.
*Honestly, if you've read the comic already, let someone else take a turn. I know somebody's going to think it's funny to post a deliberately obtuse interpretation of a comic they alreayd have read but somebody else can start that game in another thread.
*Try not to do nonposts? Like "It's about stuff and a guy LOLOLOLOL" ? It will be funny to you, I guess, but kind of cheats the previous poster out of a funny-to-them response. (If you do a nonpost and I see it in time I'm going to do an interrupting cow post and post a picture of gross food at you)

I'LL START:

I haven't read Cryptida but I think it's about a group of people who have come together, kind of a mix between Scooby Doo and Ghostbusters, to locate and study cryptids and other supernatural phenomena, and occasionally to take down ones that have gone rogue or are wreaking havoc. It takes place in the real world. Babette is the main character. She is an engineer and drives the van they use.
16th Jul 2020, 9:46 PM #2
Hmmmmmm<insert thinking emoji>

:V

People doing random stuff a long time ago?? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: Jammy, I’m adding that to the comic description thank you
16th Jul 2020, 9:51 PM #3
From the first page and the comic's banner, I first thought Team Bluestar was a pokemon ask-blog type of comic, and the Q+A link at the top of the page seemed to confirm that, but the most recent page threw me for a loop to say the least! It looks like a slice of life/adventure story hybrid, Zina the eevee and their skitty friend get into some tight situations and have to rescue... or wait maybe Zina is the name of the critter that's imprisoned- someone got thrown in jail and they need to bust them out

Bare with me here cos I do not know any new pokemon but I think I see a mew and a pichu are the ones pulling the strings in that hazy flashback there?

EDIT: A good guess! That might be a neat kind of story to try out later :o
16th Jul 2020, 9:52 PM #4
Birb is the Worb
The room of scrutiny is set in a dystopic future where everything must be approved by a board of people. They sit in a meeting room, and things are presented to them. Paint rollers? Tick. Footstools? Tick. Marmite? ... INTO THE INCINERATOR.

The problems start when the board decide to start giving the same scrutiny to people... In the Room of Scrutiny

Team Bluestar is a comic-isation of a playthrough of a Pokemon mystery dungeon game starring an eevee and a skitty.

Edit: Dang. Ninja'd.

Um...

Trevor is about a guy called Trevor who's dying in a hospital and has weird dreams/hallucinations also there are horror elements.
16th Jul 2020, 9:54 PM #5
🕎 Light it up 🕎
I got sniped on Loud Era

I haven't read Team Bluestar.. but...

I GOT SNIPED AGAIN
AAAARGHH

I'LL EDIT MY POST AND PUT MY ACTUAL RESPONSE THEN

Edit: Tales of the Tides is probably an anthology story about the going-ons in a group of tide pools. There's probably a really cute shrimp and some snail characters. When the tide is high, the main characters have to be on their guard because larger, more scary fish and creatures come, including legendary monsters.
One day Davey Jones stomps around the tide pools and the inhabitants don't know what to think!!

Silk and Sword is probably about a seamstress who is secretly a super powerful swordsman who slays monsters, but also offers them custom tailoring. The seamstress befriends dragons and makes them bags and clothing to hoard gold in.
Also there's girls and they kiss and love each other? But it's all a rouse because THEY'RE RIVAL SEAMSTRESSES and it's a plot to steal trade secrets!! The sword play is a symbol of their torn love and the battle that ensues as they try to be successful seamstresses.

In the end they merge their businesses and get married
16th Jul 2020, 10:02 PM #6
Comedy of the Carrion Angels- Vampires with scraggly hair do some bad stuff and drink blood and
it's for adults.

Vote for the best waterfowl!
16th Jul 2020, 10:35 PM #7
this looks like fun! ( ^_^)

uhm...
SuperStar Sparky lives in a wonderful, magical world, but despite how wonderful and magical, the king is starting up an inquisition, probably burning witches or some other magical people. It's up to SuperStar Sparky to save the day...?

*btw, sorry I don't have a banner. Maybe a random page can help? ( T_T)
16th Jul 2020, 10:48 PM #8
I clicked through your profile to look at your comic's avatar, starry.

My guess is that Every Day a Starry Sky is a high school romance drama, that also has a sad turn :(
16th Jul 2020, 11:01 PM #9
Super Galaxy Knights Deluxe R - two people save people across the galaxy using the magic of love and friendship?
16th Jul 2020, 11:05 PM #10
loved birds way before they were the word
Job Mettaton writes music, has a fancy pen, and keeps a daily diary.
16th Jul 2020, 11:25 PM #11
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
I would say that it is about a shaggy cow person who is also a serial killer. He sneaks around at night trying to fight the urge to murder but failing to fight the compulsion each time.

His murder sprees are obviously triggered by the smell of instant noodles.

Each 20 page issue involves the character starting a new job. We meet the new workmates and bosses and anticipation builds...because we know that at some point, somebody is going to bring noodles to work and the carnage will begin again!
16th Jul 2020, 11:30 PM #12
goes fast
This looks like it's about a group of people who have to survive a zombie apocalypse
16th Jul 2020, 11:30 PM #13
got away with it
Well this comic appears to be about a scientist, perhaps a computer scientist given the title is "surge". I can see a rocket ship in the background so perhaps this is a space travel story?
16th Jul 2020, 11:36 PM #14
black market meme hookup
hmm, slice of life about a group of friends who are not friends but are also friends. maybe gag a day but character driven?
16th Jul 2020, 11:37 PM #15
the only safe place is the top shelf
It a clique of girls who are friends... but not really. Actually, they are all super mean and snarky to each other, but inexplicably still hang out all the time.

Edit: Damn, ninja'd!

OK, this one is about... people fighting monster spiders!
16th Jul 2020, 11:42 PM #16
Cryptida is the Oscar winning story of a dinosaur(?) that has a job as a cryptozoologist.
16th Jul 2020, 11:47 PM #17
Demon King is about a sad pointy eared man living in a world of red, getting loopy long range high-fives by a big muscly sillhouette
16th Jul 2020, 11:51 PM #18
What a sucker
The Devil of Angel Classroom is about a gold-hearted succubus that is getting an education on Earth.

EDIT TO ENSURE FURTHER LACK OF NONPOSTING: However, the school is Catholic, so she's immediately unpopular. However, there is at least one other girl who wants to be the succubus' friend for unselfish reasons.

MitchellBravo:PHCF is about Chris, a tough redhead lesbian who exists in basically a nightmare before Christmas Halloween world but it's also western themed. In each issue, she faces a different famous slasher film or horror movie monster/antagonist. Her girlfriend is the down-to-earth realist who constantly feels a Dana Scully-like skepticism about each encounter. Overall it is a jovial romp with little drama but lots of referential humor.

Western with Tim Burton stylings? My word, I wish I thought of that.

Nah, it's more Gravity Falls with Vampires and assorted monsters.

That's a golden idea, though. Someone should make that.
17th Jul 2020, 12:02 AM #19
PHCF is about Chris, a tough redhead lesbian who exists in basically a nightmare before Christmas Halloween world but it's also western themed. In each issue, she faces a different famous slasher film or horror movie monster/antagonist. Her girlfriend is the down-to-earth realist who constantly feels a Dana Scully-like skepticism about each encounter. Overall it is a jovial romp with little drama but lots of referential humor.
17th Jul 2020, 12:36 AM #20
the only safe place is the top shelf
Loud Era is about a... loud era in history. Charleston. Swing music. Whatever the cool kids were listening to in the first half of the 20th century. (To be more precise, most likely the Roaring 20s.) And precisely those kids are the comic's protagonists!

Edit: BTW mitchellbravo: Your guesses about Cryptida are actually not that bad!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8