Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > Stupid idea, I know (HALLOWEEN STUFF)
Pages: 1
"Stupid idea, I know (HALLOWEEN STUFF)", 9 days ago, 3:06 PM #1
What a sucker
*mashes up candycorn*
So I bought a pack of cardstock to print those Halloween pin designs...
*puts candy corn dust on table, starts sorting it with razor blade from an apple and a tarot card*
And I started thinking, maybe I could do some other festive Comic-related thing with that cardstock? I mean...
*does a row of corn, shudders*
yeah thats the good stuff... I mean, you know what else you can do with cardstock? Halloween Cutouts. Trick or Treat Studios has an array of licensed collectible cutouts here, for example, so what's holding me back from making LECTRO and PHCF Cutouts? Add a bit of a Jeremy7 flair to the family's display (it has plenty of my touches already, but that's In-Person Jeremy, not Jeremy7). Besides, I'm already buying some printer ink for the badges, might as well do some grander things with them.

I don't know why I'm posting this. Probably to see if I inspire some other creators to turn their characters into custom decorations.
9 days ago, 3:38 PM #2
Maybe you could promote a complete haunted house event with a cover charge, all themed from your comics.
9 days ago, 3:41 PM #3
I would be extremely happy if I saw someone going as my characters for Halloween. Though Jekyll and Hyde has always been a horror icon. The challenge is turning MY version into Halloween merchandise.
9 days ago, 3:49 PM #4
I'm starting a petition for you to change your username to Scaremy
9 days ago, 4:05 PM #5
What a sucker
Robotwin, I would love to make a LECTRO/Pine Hill Creature Feature Haunt. But most haunts aren't happening this year for a good reason. Plus, we'd need actors... and special effects... and money...

MK_Wizard, YES!

MitchellBravo, I like my name starting with J, it's weird and it's alliterative. But I appreciate the sentiment, and have considered using it as a horror pseudonym, like Taily did for that one collab comic. Don't ask me which one, I forget and I also forgot her Treehouse-of-Horror-style penname.
9 days ago, 4:10 PM #6
j'scaremy
9 days ago, 4:18 PM #7
What a sucker
That's how you address me while tipping a fedora.
9 days ago, 4:31 PM #8
LMAO AHAHA

ok i'll stop derailing i hope people give you lots of good feedback and ideas
9 days ago, 5:56 PM #9
What a sucker
Wanna see the LECTRO set of cutouts?

Merged Doublepost:

And now the PHCF cutouts!

8 days ago, 10:11 AM #10
ah, Halloween, easily my favourite holiday (even if my country doesn't celebrate it)

i usually do goretober during October (its like inktober but edgy)

also last year i did a few Halloween designs and put them up on my redbubble, i might do that again this year :D
8 days ago, 12:49 PM #11
What a sucker
I rarely do those monthlong drawing challenges, especially not in October, when I'm doing my stuff. Too much to do.

And Halloween tee shirts? Totally a thing I would do. Especially with limited run PHCF and LECTRO! shirts - one or two a year - but I'd need a bigger fandom for that.
8 days ago, 1:55 PM #12
Reading this Jeremy, you got me inspired to do a headstart on getting some of my characters Halloween costumes :3

Also just gonna say this, I kind of expected Glo-Stick to be either dressing up in something akin to The Fly or a ghoul :3
8 days ago, 2:32 PM #13
What a sucker
A mile above my work on my character's costumes - all I really know is, Jack's gonna be Cardinal Copia and Stetson might be Charlie.

I'm gonna try to keep these cutouts in good enough shape to use for at least 3 years, so I'm not going to pin the "costume"/monster to a certain year. (Except Doomblood, who is making his final appearance.) So maybe Glo-Stick could be a Glowing One this year.
One week ago, 2:21 AM #14
What a sucker
mitchellbravo:I'm starting a petition for you to change your username to Scaremy

I know I said I prefer Jeremy because it's alliterative, but I remember that my username ends in "seven" so I guess Scaremy works? But it's probably a lot of trouble to get Kyo to change a username for ONE month, which is about as far as I'm willing to go with Scaremy7.