Forum > Critique > Offering Critique
Pages: 1 2
"Offering Critique", 8 days ago, 7:56 PM #1
I CAN FINALLY DO THIS!

We're all moved in to our new place, my art room is all set up and I'm raring to go. SO! Here I am, once again attempting to offer some critiques.

Disclaimer: I am not a professional by any means. Everything I say is entirely my own opinion. I will strive to be considerate and fair, but I will also be honest and straightforward. I will not be a jerk about anything though, I believe in emphasizing the "constructive" part of "constructive criticism".

So anyways: Present me your comic! If it's much more than 200+ pages, kindly direct me to a particular section you'd like a critique on. First come, first serve.

AND GO

Queue:

The Adventures of Sir Power by Zero Hour
Superstar Sparky by jamanning7
Surge by Timelapse11
Angel Down by Creamsicle42
Hope by WynautWarrior
Katran (Book 2) by -JoKeR-
Crimson Knights by Deadly Assassin
Ignotus by Nooga
Termina by T-on
Jekyll & Hyde by MK_Wizard
Shadestalker by Kourtney
Essence of Life by 00Stevo
Splitting Image by Iris-Grimoire
Cerebral Paradox by Jaycee Storm
8 days ago, 7:59 PM #2
Cool, can you critique The Adventures of Sir Power? It's a satirical fantasy comic.
8 days ago, 8:04 PM #3
Sign me up.

Vote for the best waterfowl!
8 days ago, 8:06 PM #4
goes fast
I would offer up TUE, but it's being redrawn so, if it's not to much of a bother, could you take a look at Surge? Link is in my signature
8 days ago, 10:58 PM #5
I'd always love some for Angel Down.
8 days ago, 11:23 PM #6
Hey there. Hope your day is going well. I'm looking for ways to improve my webcomic, or see if there is anything I should at least fix. If you don't mind taking a look at HOPE, that would be greatly appreciated. It's only two chapters long right now.
8 days ago, 11:46 PM #7
Why not? It's fun to see other people's opinions. (^___^)
You can start from Book2

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
One week ago, 5:02 AM #8
I would be glad if you gave yuour thoughts on Crimson Knights. Its currently only 117 pages, but I update it thrice a week, so if there's more than 200 pages by the time you get to it only look at Chapters 1-13.
6 days ago, 3:37 PM #9
Alright first up! We have the Adventures of Sir Power by Zero Hour.

SO.

Very simplistic, sort of rough, amateur-ish art. I don't use the word "amateur" as an insult by any means, it's merely indicating that the artwork has an unrefined look that a few years of study would greatly improve whilst also keeping it stylized. I know that still sounds kinda like an insult but I swear it's not xD ANYWAYS
At the same time it kinda.. WORKS, y'know?? Like, the whole thing has this wacky, derpy quality to the art and writing and while it doesn't come across as a sharply WITTY... It's pretty silly in a fun way.

I see that you underwent a significant style change in Season 3! Both the tone and look are quite different from how it started. Much more mature while still having fun. Is there an overarching story that you're going for? It's not entirely clear to me, but overall I like what you're doing with the comic. :)

I would recommend that you keep working at improving your anatomy. You clearly have a solid grasp of the basics, and I see a lot of potential here. I would also recommend taking some time to either make or find a font that's less generic, to better suit your comics' style. Also to put some time in to play with the shape of your speech bubbles a bit. The simple ellipse is a bit boring. And watch the alignment of the text and bubble borders, you want to leave some space so the words are never squished up against the border. I noticed this happening quite a bit. This looks more polished and is easier to read. :)

So overall: GREAT potential. Keep working at it, I can see this being a pretty cool, fun and interesting comic. (Moreso than it is already ;) ) Make sure to take some time to develop the characters personalities, put some time into the backgrounds (barf, I know, ), and otherwise just keep at it! <3
6 days ago, 5:02 PM #10
Thanks! I am an amateur and plan to stay it that way, as I am doing it purely for fun, and I'm arleady tryimg to work on backgorunds a little
6 days ago, 11:15 PM #11
likes your new haircut
You seem like a gentle, but honest soul, so I think I'll show some courage and offer up Ignotus for critique. We're really early on, so take that into consideration. The art improves a lot in Issue 2, so please keep that in mind too :)
5 days ago, 1:00 AM #12
ooh you know I kinda want a critique, even though my comic is only at 9 pages, it'll be 10 shortly..hopefully that's enough?
5 days ago, 1:06 AM #13
Can you do Jekyll & Hyde if you have time?
5 days ago, 2:33 AM #14
Can you do Shadestalker if/when you get the chance?
5 days ago, 2:40 AM #15
If you're still open to new ones I would like to ad mine to the pile.

Essence Of Life
You could start around page 452 (where me art starts to get better), but I think it would be better to read from the start even though the art back then is not so great.
5 days ago, 3:50 AM #16
T-on:ooh you know I kinda want a critique, even though my comic is only at 9 pages, it'll be 10 shortly..hopefully that's enough?

Absolutely!
5 days ago, 2:55 PM #17
I've seen your art help and critiques before and I even took some notes, so ahead of time I already thank you! If there are still slots left, could you please review Splitting Image? I've got more pages on my Tapas mirror, but I'm not sure if it's alright to link that version over the CF page that's still a bit behind.
5 days ago, 8:29 PM #18
I'd love to see you critique my comic, Vápnthjofr saga.
5 days ago, 8:40 PM #19
Thoughts on Superstar Sparky

Time for my next critique!

You're only just beginning the 4th chapter of this comic, so I don't have a LOT to say concerning the story. I do think you have a very interesting concept here. The characters haven't had much time to develop or get really established yet, which is fine (since the comic is still setting up :) ) First impressions of them were quite good though. I feel like I already have a solid grasp on the basics of their individual personalities, which are unique. Well done!

I find the pacing a bit wobbly... Some things seem to just suddenly happen. This works on occasion, under the right circumstance, and can be a great tool for surprising moments. In this instance however it seems to be happening a bit too often, and it can be hard to keep track. I think this story would benefit from drawing out the scenes more. Allow for more establishing panels to let us really see this world you've created, and so the readers have a chance to understand setting of the current scene. This also can allow for drama and suspense and excitement to build up and make events more impactful.

The art style reminds me of the illustrations in such books as the Madeleine series. A bit rough, but also somewhat impressionistic and very charming. I think it suits the story being told quite well. However, it can be very unclear what exactly is happening sometimes. I would recommend you put some time in to studying line values and line weight. These things are very helpful in making black and white art that is easy to interpret. Basically stuff in the foreground has thicker and darker lines than stuff in the back. Otherwise, you have a good thing going here! I love the effort you clearly put into making dynamic, interesting pages. Lots of potential here, keep up the great work! :)
5 days ago, 9:14 PM #20
What parts of it were too fast/unclear(art)? To me the pace was slow for lots of parts like the prologue and chapter 2. Maybe except the cult stuff that went pretty fast.

Vote for the best waterfowl!
Forum > Critique > Offering Critique
Pages: 1 2