Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > Comic Fury Zine Issue 2 (Holiday/Winter Season): Contest, Comic Fury Zine Submissions, & Splash Page Submissions!
Pages: 1 2
"Comic Fury Zine Issue 2 (Holiday/Winter Season): Contest, Comic Fury Zine Submissions, & Splash Page Submissions!", 22nd Aug 2020, 6:46 AM #1

UPDATE! 5 SPOTS LEFT IN HOLIDAY ZINE.

Good evening Furians!

It's that time again! Comic Fury Zine is accepting submissions! Wanna see our first issue? Check it out here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rn5lZIVZ6MMVtSGE8gy6Icatr1z981wC/view?usp=sharing

As a way to try to avoid stepping on crossover and other community fall/holiday events' toes, we're announcing the December Holiday Zine submissions! And instead of creating three or four separate threads, we're combining the Cover Contest, Splash Page, and Submission entries into this one thread. So if you're interested in participating in one of these aspects, please carefully read the requirements.

Disclaimer:
If you are going to participate in anything regarding the zine, you must include a statement confirming you agree with your submission being shared as a Non-commercial, no derivatives, attribution required Creative Commons Licensing (CCL). This is so the Zine, in its entirety, can be shared by anyone (not for profit) and distributed to as many people as possible to help drive readers to our community and your comics :3

Also, here's our privacy policy, just posting this upfront: Privacy Policy (We use Google and Comic Fury--but primarily g-mail and drive for our communications).

An individual may submit for the contest, the splash page, and/or apply for a comic spot. So if you want to try to win the contest and submit a character for the splash page—you may. For the comic application, it's first come first serve—but we are giving preference to people who have not participated yet (to be fair).

All submissions/applications must be sent to comicfuryzine@gmail.com, and I will update this thread as spots get filled.

Deadline for contest, first drafts, & Splash Page characters is September 21, 2020 (applications filled very quickly last time, so reserve your spot ASAP, as rough drafts are due 9/21/20 :D).

**When you submit, please let us know your handle here on Comic Fury, so we know who you are (as some e-mails aren't under the CF names we know and love :3)**

Spot Counter for Issue 2 submissions:
1) Snarkclaw
2) RACarter
3) BluRavenCHouvener
4) BraleStudios
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)

One Back up artist: BluRavenEHouvener (thank you for being back-up! We may have space for you yet :D)

We are reserving one back up artist, in case one of the 9 listed has to drop out. If the back up artist's comic is not needed, we will have an interactive link saying "read more" or something along those lines leading to the comic. Alternatively, if they submit a sample of their comic (not themed), they will be first choice for the next SFW Zine, or if they want, the NSFW zine.

Cover Contest Rules & Instructions:

Requirements/Instructions to Apply for a Comic Spot in the Zine:

Holiday Splash Page Characters:

Have a question? Don't be shy! If you have a question, others may as well. So ask here, or send us an e-mail at comicfuryzine@gmail.com (although posting your question here is super helpful, because others may have the same question).

The team (in alphabetical order):

Blue Dragon
Megamaster
Snarkclaw
22nd Aug 2020, 4:09 PM #2
Oooh im interested! Am I able to snatch up a spot for the splash page? (Or do I have to send an email to snap up a spot?)
22nd Aug 2020, 4:44 PM #3
Looks fun. I'm definitely gonna submit some characters for the splash page.
22nd Aug 2020, 7:09 PM #4
^Glad to see you're participating again! Have fun :3

zaten:Oooh im interested! Am I able to snatch up a spot for the splash page? (Or do I have to send an email to snap up a spot?)

You can participate on the splash page by sending the image (following the size and file type requirements) to comicfuryzine@gmail.com. Right now we don't have a limit on Splash Page spots, but we do ask for only 1-2 characters per comic.

We look forward to seeing what you come up with!
26th Aug 2020, 6:12 PM #5
I know it's preferred for folks that weren't in the first one, but just throwing it out there if by some off chance you end up shy a slot or two I'm in! Can't pass up a good Zine Submission XD
26th Aug 2020, 6:26 PM #6
Thanks for this! We'll definitely hit you up if we don't get enough submissions :3
27th Aug 2020, 3:16 PM #7
Looks like fun! I’ve even already got an idea for the cover and a comic. I better get started on it ASAP.

One question tho, for the cover you mention having the CF Gator somewhere. Does that mean like we gotta draw it somewhere or we gotta just put a pre-made image of the Gator somewhere? Or what?
27th Aug 2020, 8:11 PM #8
Great question!

There's no predetermined design for the CF alligater, so just have fun :D

The rotating banner at the top has an example of some of the cool ideas others on the site have come up with, if you need to jog some ideas :D

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! :D
2nd Sep 2020, 10:20 PM #9
Bump. Gotta keep this relevant. We've had one Splash Page submission so far. No comics or covers yet (though I realize, people are probably working :3)
9th Sep 2020, 8:26 PM #10
9th Sep 2020, 8:41 PM #11
I wanted it to be a surprise but I've been hard at work on something...should there be room in the zine XD
9th Sep 2020, 10:42 PM #12
Ooooo! Even if we don't have space, I'd like to see it when it's done :D
10th Sep 2020, 5:31 AM #13
I’m working on my cover, it’s just taking me longer than I expected. I’ll be working on the draft for my comic submission next too, I just hope I understand the rules for submitting it correctly. Lol
10th Sep 2020, 2:34 PM #14
For the splash page portraits, do the backgrounds need to be white/cream like the examples provided or can they be different colors?
10th Sep 2020, 3:16 PM #15
In case of uncertainty, to clarify what we would like to see for submissions:

Cover Contest Submissions - Due September 21, 2020

Click for Cover Contest Submission Guidelines

Splash Page Character Submissions - Due September 21, 2020

Click for Splash Page Character Submission Guidelines

Comic Submissions (Rough Drafts) - Due September 21, 2020
Rough drafts due now to save your comic short story's place within the 'zine; final drafts due later

Click for Comic Submission Guidelines
10th Sep 2020, 3:30 PM #16
Awesome that cleared everything up for me. Thanks a bunch!
10th Sep 2020, 7:24 PM #17
racarter:I’m working on my cover, it’s just taking me longer than I expected. I’ll be working on the draft for my comic submission next too, I just hope I understand the rules for submitting it correctly. Lol

I am legit excited to see what you come up with :D I love your comic! (I need, like many comics, to catch up XD). Glad for the update!!

noblejanobii:Awesome that cleared everything up for me. Thanks a bunch!

I bet your submission is going to be super cute :3
10th Sep 2020, 7:53 PM #18
BlueDragon:I bet your submission is going to be super cute :3

You're so sweet! I'm very excited to do a couple portraits since my submission last zine was so much fun to do!
11th Sep 2020, 12:14 AM #19
Okay, submitted my cover! I'm sure I'll have my comic submission in by the 21st, at least the draft.
11th Sep 2020, 1:27 AM #20
Whoooooot!!! :D