Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > Halloween 2020 Crossover Exchange - Sign Up Now!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
"Halloween 2020 Crossover Exchange - Sign Up Now!", 1st Sep 2020, 4:03 AM #1
What a sucker
NOTICE: SIGNUPS ARE CLOSED

Listen, I can barely contain my excitement. I'm typing this up August 31st, to post at Midnight, because I'm so excited for this. Basically, by the time you read this, we'd have a month or less until my favorite decorating holiday, Halloween, and by being the first to ask (and jumping the gun on making the artwork for it, I had that logo ready for months now), I am happy to announce:
YES, the Halloween Crossover Exchange is BACK, for its FIFTH YEAR IN A ROW! And we're looking for comics to participate!

As always, there shall be rules. Rules to keep people who join from being uncomfortable, because let's be honest, there is a big difference between The Haunted Mansion and McKamey Manor, and I want EVERYONE to enjoy Halloween. And the rules are:
1. Your comic must feature AT LEAST ONE CHARACTER FROM YOUR COMIC, AND YOUR ASSIGNED COMIC. This is, after all, a crossover exchange. Emphasis on Crossover.
2. It's a Halloween exchange. Now, what Halloween means varies between people, but if you could make it so that the crossover is spooky, scary, or otherwise Halloweeny, that'd be wonderful! If not, I'm gonna be disappointed in you. And if you can't justify Halloween in the setting you work with, well, improvise! Fight ghosts! Have a harvest festival! Stephen Universe doesn't have Halloween and they still had an episode about a haunted lighthouse.
3. TREAT YOUR ASSIGNMENT WITH SOME RESPECT.
4. If you take a look back on previous exchanges, you may notice some characters from NSFW comics participating. You may also realize that the exchanges themselves are SFW. I plan on continuing the trend. You can sign up with NSFW comics, but your entry cannot be NSFW. So no blatant nudity, foul language, sex, or extreme gore. Fake gore and stuff like vampires with blood on their chin are cool, though, it IS a Halloween exchange.
5. Your assignment is randomized, BUT! If you would rather not work with a certain tag, I can make things happen. To be clear, I mean that, if you don't want to work with Nudity-, Language-, Violence-, or Sex-tagged comics, I'll try to respect that. But sometimes, it doesn't quite work out.
6. Everyone loves a surprise! So just send me your piece via PM and I'll get it set up in the Crossover Exchange comic.
7. Have you participated in a previous exchange, and wish to avoid getting an assignment you've already had before? List your previous exchange(s), and I'll do some magic.
8. Signups Close AT MIDNIGHT, EST, SEPTEMBER 14. That means, we've got around 2 weeks to sign up! However, if you try to sign up after that minute has passed, YOU WILL BE REJECTED. No exceptions. Not even if you buy me one of those 12-foot skeletons.
9. Submissions are due MIDNIGHT, EST, OCTOBER 22. If you don't have it in by then, you better send me proof that you've got something in the works. If not, your assignment will instead be sent to a backup artist, because everyone deserves a piece. And it's not like I'm going to let you forget, I'll send reminders on Ocober 1st and October 14th.
10. Speaking of Backup artists, you can volunteer to be a backup artist. That's... really all I feel needs to be said on the subject.
11. You can sign up with TWO comics (because I want to sign up with two comics). But you have to provide the assignments for both.

To get us started, here's my entries, as an example. The title and tags of the comic are important, but if you don't mention any tags you'd rather not work with, or previous assignments, that's basically allowing anything.

LECTRO (Yellow Violence and Language Tabs)
I'd rather not work with nudity and Red Sex tags.
I've worked with Silk and Sword, War Planet, The Mansion of E, Ketseukidoku, and Angels of the Fallen.

Pine Hill Creature Feature (Red Violence and Language Tabs)
I'm okay with any tag.
I've worked with Randomly Assembled, The Strangest Coven, and Stigma Chronicle.

Wow, that's a lot of text. And there's more.

As with last year, I'm making a party scene to act as the cover art for the exchange. So if you want to have a character (or two, or three, but no more), send them in. Especially if they're in costume! Make sure they're on a blank white, or possibly even transparent, background, to make them easier to put in the scene. These would be due... October 22rd.

SO! To cover the important bits:
SIGNUPS END AT MIDNIGHT, EST, SEPTEMBER 14.
ASSIGNMENTS GO OUT BETWEEN SEPTEMBER 15 AND 17.
ENTRIES ARE DUE MIDNIGHT, EST, OCTOBER 22.
REMINDERS WILL BE SENT OUT OCTOBER 1st AND 14th.
CHARACTERS FOR THE COVER ARE DUE MIDNIGHT, EST, OCTOBER 22.

Oh, and the exchange goes up... around 12 PM, EST, October 31st.

UPDATE: Previous exchanges can be found HERE! Not just Halloween, but also Christmas, Summer, Valentine's, some Spring...
Anyways, the basics is, this works like a Secret Santa. You are assigned a webcomic, and have to make a piece (whether it's a single image or a multi-page comic) that combines your comic and your assigned comic. You shouldn't contact the creator of the comic you were assigned, but if you have any questions for them, send them to me and I'll ask for you. If you have any questions about the exchange, I'll try my best to answer them.
1st Sep 2020, 5:07 AM #2
voted to be eaten first
I will be the first to sign up.

I will be signing up with Odyssey of the Daybreak, and it's got V, S, N, and L in yellow tags.
The world in Odyssey of the Daybreak may not have Halloween, but it does have Samhain, which is where it came from.

I'm cool with working with any tag, by the way.
1st Sep 2020, 5:07 AM #3
Well, seeing as how I've missed pretty much eeeeeeevery exchange this year due to freelancing stuff, I'm going to get in on the ground floor this time and say: yup, I'll do something for Halloween, come Hal 9000 or high water! As always, Cosmos is steppin' up to the plate; which also as always, has no observable flags and plays nice with other comics of a G- or PG-rated nature. As for comics I've done stuff with in the past, the recent-stuff list is thus:

Cryptida, Strangest Coven, Dark Horse, Galaxy Knights, Serpents of Old, Court of Roses, Rose Thief,Word is the Bird, aaaand Peregrine.

I can't promise any 900 page stories this time (freelancing is still advancing), but Glob-Dangit, I'll draw up something! Oh, and a character for the cover, as well! 'Cause why not?
1st Sep 2020, 5:11 AM #4
got away with it
Halloween Exchange let's go!

Will be signing up with I'm Not Your Friend as usual, would prefer not to work with comics that have Nudity tags or heavy Violence tags.
1st Sep 2020, 5:26 AM #5
oooh signing up for sure!

I'll sign up with Pegasus Project. It has V and L in red tags and S and N in yellow.
I'm fine with any comic that doesn't have a red S or N tag. if my comic being fairly new is a problem, please tell me! this is my first year.
1st Sep 2020, 5:32 AM #6
I'll sign up with Fantomah, it has a yellow V flag. I might even include golden age Black Cat, who is going to be in my strip soon, depending on what your randomizer throws me.
1st Sep 2020, 6:19 AM #7
I'll join with the Mansion of E. It's PG rated with some violence and sexual innuendo. I'll work with whoever. People I've done stuff for include Beyond Bloom, Fantomah, Theatre of the Bloody Tongue, Subject M, JinGo Beyond! and The Year of Reflection.

EDIT: Forgot to include my standard disclaimer, that I don't expect anyone to read all of my huge archive. You can get pretty good idea what my three main characters are like if you read the first 100 strips or so.
1st Sep 2020, 6:41 AM #8
I'll join with The Adventures of Sir Power with yellow V, L, and S tag. I've done exchanges with Cryptida by Microraptor, It's Just Another Day by BluRaven C. Houvener, Kaza's Mate Gwenna by Jay042 and Brainchasers by tin.
I'm okay with any flags.
1st Sep 2020, 8:30 AM #9
Keeps with the times
Of Course Kaza's Mate Gwenna is in. Flagged N and I accept all flags
1st Sep 2020, 9:00 AM #10
HOOOOO YEAAAAAH

Sign me up with Aster & Delphinium, yellow V red L! I'm happy to draw anything!

I've drawn for: The Claret Age, Serpents of Old, Cryptidia, Stigma Chronicle, The Angel of Devil Classroom !!!
1st Sep 2020, 9:11 AM #11
not the one who meowed (?)
Signing up with Beyond Bloom (Yellow V tag)!
If you can, I'd like to avoid Red S and N tags

Previous Exchanges: All Dark University, The Extras, Alice Darkly, Serpents of Old, and The Strangest Coven (kinda?)
1st Sep 2020, 9:36 AM #12
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
I will sign up with The Restless Dead.
1st Sep 2020, 10:00 AM #13
What a sucker
Wow that's a lot of signups for something posted in the dead of night. Keep them coming!
1st Sep 2020, 12:07 PM #14
I'm down!

Comic: The Devil of Angel Classroom
Tags: Yellow N, Yellow S
I've done exchanges for: Cryptida, Kaza's Mate Gwenna, The Back o' Beyond, Sharpclaw
1st Sep 2020, 12:46 PM #15
I'll sign up, too. Demon King is red V and yellow L.
1st Sep 2020, 1:52 PM #16
Comic: Deer Me
Applicable Tags: none
Acceptable Tags: all

Previously assigned in exchanges to:
- Mel Cormac's Waste Of Time
- Jeremy7's LECTRO
- Alicia the Bard's Eternita
- BlueDragon's Dark Horse
- Jeremy7's Pine Hill Creature Feature
- GideonLand's Nearly Home

Being assigned to a repeat comic is fine, but I would prefer something new, if possible. Exchanges sometimes help me discover new comics. :-)

Back-Up: I can serve as a back-up artist, if needed.

Quick Note: This may cause some confusion for the assigned artist; most Deer Me characters underwent appearance redesigns with the latest chapter. The personalities and roles remain the same. The assigned artist is encouraged to depict characters in whichever form is easier (or more fun) for the artist.
1st Sep 2020, 2:02 PM #17
Count me in and I will enter Jekyll and Hyde as always. As always, I do SFW only. I do action scenes with very, very mild blood, but nothing too graphic.
1st Sep 2020, 4:57 PM #18
Hell YES I'm in! :D WHOOOO

Oh yeah, signing up with Angels of the Fallen (it's pg-13) and I'm good with anything.

I've done:
Milty's Fictocomic Cavalcade
Nearly Home
Waste of Time
All Dark University
Boss Rush
1st Sep 2020, 5:00 PM #19
Hmmm, this sounds fun, I'd love to participate! How do we go about doing this though? Like, is this a comic miniseries? Collab artwork?

Links to where I can find more information would be much appreciated!
1st Sep 2020, 5:04 PM #20
Most of it is explained in the opening post, but you are required to do from an image featuringat least one of characters from your assigned comic and at least one from your comic to a whole short story of you feel like it. Also need to feature at least one of characters from your assigned and your own comic