Forum > General discussion > GIMP scale/rotate broke. I can't work w/o it!
Pages: 1 2
One week ago, 11:51 PM #21
likes your new haircut
Honestly mate I think it might be time you switch to Krita. It's free, easy to use, and I'm fairly sure it can open gimp files? I'd second the suggestion to save in PSD or ORA just in case. Sadly GIMP's been a poorly optimised mess for years, and making the switch might be hard, but I think you'll thank yourself in the long run. SAI is decent, but it's only free for a 31 day trial. Clip Studio Paint is king if you have moolah to spare.
6 days ago, 4:45 AM #22
Maybe Krita can open the XCF? I heard XCF isn't the best format so maybe also save in PSD if you can because more programs can read and edit PSD. Also the ORA format might be better.

P.S. You might like PaintTool SAI because it's fairly intuitive and easy to use.

Honestly mate I think it might be time you switch to Krita. It's free, easy to use, and I'm fairly sure it can open gimp files? I'd second the suggestion to save in PSD or ORA just in case. Sadly GIMP's been a poorly optimised mess for years, and making the switch might be hard, but I think you'll thank yourself in the long run. SAI is decent, but it's only free for a 31 day trial. Clip Studio Paint is king if you have moolah to spare.

Thanks for the advice. I already have CSP pro and FireAlpaca as well. Can the file formats you two mentioned have the image's individual layers preserved?
6 days ago, 6:03 AM #23
likes your new haircut
If they're saved as PSD, yes. If you have CSP there's no need for Krita however, because CSP can open PSDs as well and is better in every possible way. Note that it seems to fuse folders into one layer, so if you use layer folders, remove foldered layers from the folder first.