Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > Astoundingly dumb things you've done
Pages: 1 2 3
"Astoundingly dumb things you've done", 11 days ago, 1:23 AM #1
Scrabble Loser 🦊
Today I misplaced an onion. I still haven't found it.
"To you I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world...."
11 days ago, 1:25 AM #2
Me, on the phone with my boss: Sure, just let me find my phone, first....
11 days ago, 1:31 AM #3
loved birds way before they were the word
Me, when my spouse asked me if I ran the dishwasher:

“I did ran it!”

That was like 5 years ago and it’s permanently in our vocabulary at this point

Let’s not forget the time I ran into a mailbox and apologized to it
11 days ago, 1:39 AM #4
When I was 7 I washed bread

I liked salt and I liked bread so I tried putting salt on the bread and it was gross so instead of shaking it off I tried rinsing it off in the sink

I remember feeling it slide thru my fingers and a developing part of my brain going "oh no! This is gross! This wasn't the right solution"
11 days ago, 1:46 AM #5
Trying to go back to GIMP 2.10.8 so the scale/rotate would work. It did, but there were even more problems that made it not worth it. I went back to 2.10.20, but something went wrong and drop shadow crashed and ATE SEVERAL LAYERS OF CONTENT along the way! The layers are still there, but the visible content just evaporated. How does that even happen?! I'm honestly ill right now...

11 days ago, 1:47 AM #6
🕎 Light it up 🕎
Yesterday, I got in my car and started driving to work. I was tired.
Looked at my watch, oh 7:15!
Tired ocd brain: ALL NUMBERS ARE THE SAME NOW
Oh, I must be going 15mph!

Completely forget I have a speedometer
Look back up
What are these funny numbers?? :D

I was only going 20 but I have been very lucky to not have this occur on the highway.
11 days ago, 2:04 AM #7
Environment Knight
I went to a prescribed burn once and it was just a comedy of errors on my part from the moment they handed me the blowtorch, like I was setting fires behind the ATV without realizing it, I was parking on top of fires I had just started, I was driving the ATV with the still blazing hot blowtorch clamped in between my thighs like this was at all a good idea

It was at that moment I realized that I might be a fire ecologist by trade, but I want absolutely nothing to do with the stuff in person :) :) :')
11 days ago, 2:11 AM #8
I got married once.
11 days ago, 2:15 AM #9
Venture Capitalist
old school screw-in fuse socket... meet my thumb
11 days ago, 2:20 AM #10
drove home from work, which is a straight line with a single turn to my place, missed the single turn, drove at least ten minutes before realizing that I usually don't pass by four separate cemeteries on my way home from work, had to use the GPS to get back even though I still had not taken a single turn

gotten lost inside a department store

I could go on but I think you get the gist
11 days ago, 2:28 AM #11
Living, that was the dumbest thing I did
11 days ago, 2:37 AM #12
Remove a hot object from the oven without wearing an oven mitt.
11 days ago, 2:46 AM #13
loved birds way before they were the word
when I was 8, I had to go to a funeral of a relative I'd never met and we stayed in a hotel room the night before. An hour or two before the service started, I picked up my mom's curling iron to move it away from the sink so I could wash my hands--but I grabbed it by the hot part and burned my entire palm. I had to sit through this excruciatingly long funeral with my hand stuffed in a gas station Big Gulp cup filled with ice.
11 days ago, 2:47 AM #14
😽😺Death is upon us😻😸
Spent a good couple minutes looking for the yards symbol on my keyboard before remembering yards can be converted to feet

edit: also I've gotten into arguments with people about my age before, only to realize afterwards that I was off by a couple years too
11 days ago, 2:50 AM #15
A couple of months ago I tried to "quick season" my cast iron skillet by pouring (way too much) oil in it and leaving it on a way-too-hot burner. I started a massive grease fire that I proceeded to put out ... with water in the kitchen sink ... I have not used my cast iron skillet since. I'm lucky we still have an apartment building.
11 days ago, 2:52 AM #16
Scrabble Loser 🦊
Guys you're making me feel much better about this onion situation, thanks
"To you I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world...."
11 days ago, 3:10 AM #17
Standing at the kitchen counter. Four objects in front of me: a bowl of cereal, an empty glass, a carton of milk, and a pitcher of orange juice. Match the right liquid with the right container. Come on, brain. You can do it!

Brain: Pick up milk, pour into orange juice pitcher.

I have also, in a separate incident, poured grapefruit juice on top of toast.
11 days ago, 5:11 AM #18
ran the 800m race without tying my shoes. i got myself a pair of red socks after crossing the finish line
11 days ago, 5:30 AM #19
Running through the yard barefoot -> trip over pile of sharp sticks and pinecones -> trip over wheelbarrow -> trip into trampoline rail -> crack rib on said trampoline rail
11 days ago, 5:47 AM #20
🚿
My shoddy can opener couldn't quite cut through a can of tomatoes, so I pushed on the lid to break the remaining points of contact. Sliced my finger real good and left a scar.

I also nearly cut off the tip of my finger with a potato slicer. I had to get stitches and a tetanus shot.

I love cooking, but I am conceringly clumsy with sharp objects and it's gonna cost me a digit one of these days. I should really invest in a pair of those kevlar gloves.
Pages: 1 2 3