Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > Astoundingly dumb things you've done
Pages: 1 2 3
12 days ago, 6:00 AM #21
Me? Probably the time back in the late 90s when I drank a few too many beers and threw some bottle rockets on a campfire, then played "skip the rope" as they shot past. Thankfully, I was much more limber back in those days and actually did it.

I've never actually been drunk, but that time was probably the closest. Considering that act of True Genius, it's probably a very good thing that I've never been any closer since.
12 days ago, 6:38 AM #22
I wrote a dumb poetry in Russian in my class and nailed it. It's so embarrassing because it was there for everyone to see.
12 days ago, 6:49 AM #23
Bruh im like the CEO of doing stupid shit,

When I was 10 I put a microwave sausage roll in the microwave and set it for 10 minutes instead of 1 minute because i thought it would make it less soggy. I walked away to read a book in my room and the sausage roll caught on fire and when I came out to check on it there was smoke pouring out the microwave.

When i was 12 me and my foster family went camping in the Grampians and I thought it would be a good idea to feed the emus my toast. I did it next to our campsite... for the rest of our holiday we were harassed by the emus for our food.

In more recent memory, I yeeted a computer mouse at a rather expensive PC during visual design class because photoshop wasn't behaving and I couldn't figure out what the problem was. Cue a mini meltdown and me throwing the mouse at the screen in frustration. Now that computer has a cracked screen and is no longer in use :(
11 days ago, 5:41 AM #24
Taking Names & Spitting Images
This is one of those Dad stories that I've heard a billion times and will hear a billion times more, with a smile on my face, reacting patiently as if I've never heard it before:

When pops was like, 7, he was camping with the fam and his feet were cold. So, his 7-year-old brain decided it would be a good idea to dump the boiled hot dog water from dinner into his shoes.

It worked until it didn't

Merged Doublepost:

A personal backpacking anecdote:

When you're hikin' on a big trail and the coffee kicks in, usually people just drop their backpacks right beside the trail before dipping out into the woods to become one with nature an' shit. Trouble is, when your comrades come up behind you and see your lonely pack just sitting there, they look for you. The compulsion is universal and nearly irresistible!

So one day, nature calls and I'm in this area with nothing around but a low growth of desert chaparral, maybe a foot or two high. Nowhere to hide. So I think to myself, "I'll take my pack off the trail with me. No one will think to look; I'll be practically invisible!" So I walk off the trail for a little bit, drop my desert camo backpack in the chaparral, and then walk a little further.

I lost my backpack for 40 minutes! XD
"stupid shit 2: furby boogaloo", 11 days ago, 8:22 AM #25
idk if this is suited for this thread as it's not really dumb, but when I was little (around 11 or 12) I had a lot of furbies. my favourite was this red furby which I used to take everywhere with me. one day it changed personality (because that wave could do that) and I got really upset. my foster mum told me it was just a toy and I got really angry at her because this Furby was my friend and I wanted her to change it back.
11 days ago, 8:41 AM #26
Went rock-climbing as a kid (can't remember how old but definitely primary school age)

I knew I had a fear of heights at the time, thought I could conquer them doing that... I was wrong, very wrong xD
11 days ago, 11:33 AM #27
OH GUYS! I might have topped you all.

This was in 2003.

So I grew up in Washington (Puyallup, specifically). How I ended up in the midwest is a long story that doesn't really matter. Point is, we drove across the U.S, my husband and me (he was only my boyfriend back then).

In Montana we were trying to save $$ so we decided not to stop for the first night. Well, that didn't work out, we were exhausted and ended up sleeping in the car in a brightly lit Walmart parking lot. It was a miserable experience. The next day we were so tired we stopped at like 3pm at a hotel. We went straight to sleep.

Woke up. It's daylight. Look at the clock - it's 8. We couldn't believe we slept for like 15 hours. We packed up, checked out, headed to McDonalds for breakfast. Looking at the menu I excitedly told boyfriend "THIS MCDONALDS SERVES BURGERS IN THE MORNING!" (Unheard of! But I mean it's Montana, not a bustling place, and maybe a breakfast menu just isn't worth it here)

Guys. It was 8 pm. We paid for a hotel room to take a 5 hour nap.
We slept in an effing parking lot again when we were ready to crash at 2 am.

If I remember right it was quite a while before we realized it wasn't morning. I think it was when the sky starting getting darker at around 9. I was 2 months pregnant, that's my excuse. I can't speak for my husband.
11 days ago, 12:15 PM #28
Once I came out of a shop to a small parking lot. "Where is my car?" Usual question, nothing to worry about. "Ah there."

Strangely, I couldn't turn the key... "F'ck... what the..." Whatever, the door wasn't properly closed. A little push and locking opens.

I opened the door, sat in the driver seat, grabbed the steering wheel =8-(_) it was covered in fur!!! (One of these fur things you could put around your steering wheel, I think they don't exist anymore, but this happened > 30 years ago.)

My car didn't have that! So that wasn't my car, which explained the issues with the key. Only now I noticed some more differences...

"Gosh! Out here!" When outside, I was blushing like I never did before. Or after. I closed the door properly, hoping the driver had their key on them, and fled the scene.

Oh and: My car was two spaces further. Same brand, same model, same color, no fur around the wheel. The door was closed properly and the key fit.

Edit, before I forget again:
LeRenardRoux:Today I misplaced an onion. I still haven't found it.

Sure YOU misplaced it? There is a comic about them... In case you don't know it, it's not on CF.
11 days ago, 2:56 PM #29
My mom once saved me from downing an entire bottle of perfume. I wasn't even particularly young, my wires got crossed while talking and it felt like "hm this thing in my hand must be a bottle of water" and I started to flip it until she noticed me.
11 days ago, 3:16 PM #30
Easily, me and my HS friend taking tequila morning of running the Spain Bull Run :D. So monstrously dumb I don't think I even have to warn anyone about attempting this lol.
11 days ago, 3:17 PM #31
it's pronounced "Kooky"
Give these forums the time of day
11 days ago, 3:35 PM #32
I've had a mild life, but I did try to catch a falling knife. I cut myself. Moral of the story, use a pizza cutter.

Also watched a video on Youtube recently and the guy sneezed... I said Bless you.
11 days ago, 4:45 PM #33
When I was 10, I put a can of soup in the microwave. A metal can. I hid in the bathroom for an hour afterwards. And then I refused to eat the soup 'cause I thought it was radioactive.

(I dunno why I remember this particular one, I've done much dumber over the years yet this still sticks with me)
11 days ago, 4:55 PM #34
Today I was helping my daughter with her homework and wrote the number 5 backwards.

Husband is probably right, I should go to preschool with the kid.
11 days ago, 5:24 PM #35
Team Stormbow:When I was 10, I put a can of soup in the microwave. A metal can. I hid in the bathroom for an hour afterwards. And then I refused to eat the soup 'cause I thought it was radioactive.

(I dunno why I remember this particular one, I've done much dumber over the years yet this still sticks with me)

At least you did it at home. I did it once at school in front of a bunch of people.
Everyone wants to treat you like you're dumb but if nobody ever told you, how would you know. Thanks mom.
11 days ago, 6:50 PM #36
goes fast
I once fell down the stairs in my house while holding my laptop, don't worry the laptop was not hurt.
A few weeks ago I was heading home on my scooter and got a few inches away from my house and decided it was a good idea to jump off the scooter while still going rather fast, I went down, scooter went up and I twisted my ankle (and bruised my other knee pretty badly).
Or that other time when I was on holiday with my family and we went to an antique shop, I bought this decorative plate that had Tutankhamen on it (I was really into Ancient Egyptian stuff back then, still am)

Anyway, so as we are leaving the shop and walking down a gravel path to the car, my food goes and I fall to the floor but as I fall, I hold the plate up because apparently, not breaking the plate was more important to me that stopping myself getting more hurt)
On another holiday we were walking on a beach and I thought it was a good idea to stick my leg into a puddle only to find in that puddle was d e e p, and I somehow cut my let up, it was bleeding pretty bad, we didn't have any bandages on us so my mum wrapped my leg up with my hoodie. Then we headed back.
11 days ago, 7:01 PM #37
Saying 'I love you' to a customer on the phone before hanging up.
11 days ago, 8:14 PM #38
When I was little I put a moon pie in the microwave, and it resulted in a smoking microwave. I almost drank a water bottle full of skunk soap for the dogs. That is all that is coming to me right now.

http://bdw.webcomic.ws/
http://theredguardiansdemonsdeities.thecomicseries.com/
http://dreamsoffeathersandwings.webcomic.ws/
[b]U0.0U Woof! Woof!
11 days ago, 8:56 PM #39
Like two years ago, probably at 2-3 AM, I was very sleep deprived and up with a past friend of mine. It was the same day/night that it would change from/to summer or winter time, and we started arguing about how time worked and what time it was elsewhere. I don't remember a lot, I just know I talked in circles, CLEARLY WRONG BUT CONVINCED I HAD CRACKED THE CODE OF HOW TIME WORKS, but everytime my friend asked me the same or similar questions I'd change an analogy to explain to him how it works because I 100% knew. I think my thoughts must've included something having to do with time travel. We- or rather- I argued for probably half an hour about this, until I finally arrived at the RIGHT answer, acting like that was what I had tried to tell him all along, and my friend just looked at me like "bruh".

Oh, what makes it worse?
He was the drunk one. I was 100% sober.

---
10 days ago, 2:29 AM #40
voted to be eaten first
This happened in the second half of eighth grade, I believe, so picture this... Letchworth State Park, 2007.

We were at a civil war re-enactment, and we were in groups. Some other student that enjoyed annoying me was going to come over, and I wanted to hide real quick. That's when the "happy place" came in handy. It was an inside joke with my friends, where one of them had a hoodie that had the zipper's chain go all the way to the top of the hood, so when he'd go to his "happy place," he'd zip it all the way up, wearing the hood. This hid his face.

And so, I wanted to imitate that, and what I was wearing at the time was a turtleneck with a zipper down the middle. I pulled the neck up above my face and I zipped. That friend who did the happy place knew what was going on, so he zipped it down.

...only it didn't zip down. The zipper's chain got caught in my eyelid.

I panicked and made a huge ruckus. My dad got called, and came straight from two towns over. My dad didn't yell at me, he was just amused by the situation. I was scared, and when I look back on it now, I kind of agree. The ambulance got called, and luckily, it wasn't serious enough to warrant a ride to the hospital. They ended up cutting the sweater into pieces in order to free me. I was lucky it didn't ruin the eyelid, but it did leave a dent in the skin for a while. From the embarrassment, I decided to go home early.

...it was one of my good sweaters, too.
Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > Astoundingly dumb things you've done
Pages: 1 2 3