Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > Astoundingly dumb things you've done
Pages: 1 2 3
8 days ago, 2:40 AM #41
I googled "How much water is in a 5 gallon bucket" the other day....

And then I questioned my qualifications for literally anything.
8 days ago, 5:32 AM #42
^^^ Well once I asked my teacher how much a kilo of stainless steel weighed, so there's that... (I probably meant a cubic metre but who knows)
8 days ago, 5:57 AM #43
loved birds way before they were the word
This happened back in high school soon after I got my drivers license, around age 17 or so.

It was a brutally cold night. I was at a family friend’s house to drop something off. The ground was covered in a thick layer of snow, but the roads were driveable—except for their driveway. It sloped downwards at a sharp angle and was caked in ice.

I tried to back out of the driveway, but got stuck on the part where it met the street. My wheels spun helplessly and I could not move my car to save my life. I thought that the ice was too slick for the tires to get a grip. A couple friendly neighbors saw me struggling to get out of the driveway and tried to push the car out into the street while I pumped the accelerator. But it was no use. My car was stuck.

I looked down at the center console and saw something that made my face shrivel up.

My parking brake was on.

I was desperately trying to get out of this ice-caked driveway, thinking that my wheels were spinning because it was too slick, but no, it was because I forgot to turn off my parking brake.

I deactivated the brake without telling the helpful neighbors what was really going on. I tapped the accelerator once and my car smoothly glided out into the road. I thanked them and went on my way.

I let the neighbors think that they helped me out of the ice. I drove away cringing, but thankful they hadn’t noticed that my parking brake was on the entire time.
8 days ago, 7:34 AM #44
most things i've done to impress friends, but in particular this one time i jumped up on a pile of pallets behind the market that caved beneath me immediately, and on the way down i got three massive scratches on my back from the nails that left scars. thank god for tetanus shots!
One week ago, 12:28 AM #45
One time I was so bored with the school assembly I tied my own shoelaces together, twice, the first time was right before gym class and we were also running laps that day.

shards of the clock
One week ago, 2:15 AM #46
I licked one of the drawers in our freezer because I didn't understand how such a thing could make your tongue get stuck.
WELP...