Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > JK Rowling's Trash, Let's Comiserate.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
"JK Rowling's Trash, Let's Comiserate.", 14th Sep 2020, 7:56 PM #1
Birb is the Worb
I think most people will have heard about this by now, but JK Rowling's a massive TERF and hates trans people. She's very keen to deny it as she's a big fan of saying things to make herself look good despite doing nothing to back it up, but this takes it up to 11.

More context:

Despite her claims she has trans friends which I don't believe, 'met a trans woman once' maybe, it's clear she's being welcomed with open arms by bigots who've turned her into their new mascot. And because of that, she keeps getting worse and worse. I made this thread to say goodbye to Harry Potter forever in a way, it's always had issues but I can't enjoy it anymore, and now it's past the point of no return. Also to talk it over if anyone feels similarly.

If you like or agree with JK Rowling, I don't want to know. Seriously, I have 0 patience on this matter right now, so if you come into this thread to say that I will argue with you and this thread will probably disintegrate.
14th Sep 2020, 8:00 PM #2
I saw that today. Uggggggggggggh, I'm so sick of her and her crap. >:(
Fuck "JKaren Rowling!"
14th Sep 2020, 8:00 PM #3
FUCK transphobia, FUCK TERFs, FUCK those stupid tropes, FUCK JKR. this whole thing pisses me off so much but at least I can take solace in that everyone I know is also mad about it. for any trans and nonbinary people hopping into this thread, we love you and care about you enough to understand why this is indefensible

edit: well I'm also nonbinary but I mean my cis friends are also great
14th Sep 2020, 8:17 PM #4
loved birds way before they were the word
God ugh this whole thing pisses me off so bad. There’s no defending her anymore, and I’m not jumping on the boycott train just because everyone else is doing it—I’ve read what she’s written on twitter with my eyeballs and I’m smart enough to realize that she has some nasty-ass opinions. It’s not even something that’s been taken out of context to make her look bad, she’s being BLUNT AS ALL HELL and she has no one to blame but herself. I kinda stopped being interested in HP after the 4th book, but this must really hurt for everyone who were fans of the series and followed it all the way up to the end. I’m disgusted but not surprised that she’s sunk to a whole new low.

Edit: I guess I’ve technically been boycotting all her stuff for *awhile* because I haven’t consumed anything related to her work in years
14th Sep 2020, 8:19 PM #5
It's absolutely bizarre how quickly she's snowballed into being full mask-off. At first she was at least trying to deny it but by now she's full steam ahead on being a TERF and it's disgusting.
14th Sep 2020, 8:20 PM #6
JK Rowling and all the other TERFS out there are basically the incels of feminism. They obsess over us trans/non-binary people the way incels obsess over "femoids", "chads", and "stacies". Can't tell me otherwise.
14th Sep 2020, 8:22 PM #7
Really they're not even at all feminists, because they operate under the belief that the thing that most defines a woman is her genitalia and that anything about them as an actual person is secondary.
14th Sep 2020, 8:24 PM #8
"a woman is defined by her ability to have children--wait a second"
14th Sep 2020, 8:40 PM #9
Lizuka:Really they're not even at all feminists, because they operate under the belief that the thing that most defines a woman is her genitalia and that anything about them as an actual person is secondary.

Yeah, they reduce a woman down to her genitalia. You know, like misogynists do!
14th Sep 2020, 8:43 PM #10

Anyone can still enjoy Harry Potter BUUUT... you already know how.
14th Sep 2020, 8:48 PM #11
All this right when I was thinking about replaying the HP and the Sorcerer’s Stone game for PS1 for the nostalgia value, I loved that creepy little game as a kid. siiiiiiiigggghhhhHHHHHH

Oh well I still have the same game disc from when I was in 3rd grade and I can play it on my PS2 so yay, JKR wouldn’t be getting a cent from me even if I were to emulate it on my computer
14th Sep 2020, 8:50 PM #12
<removed>
14th Sep 2020, 8:51 PM #13
Niche:Who cares, grow up and move on with your life.

no
14th Sep 2020, 8:52 PM #14
Well that explains why #RIPJKROWLING was trending on Twitter when the obituaries said nothing.
14th Sep 2020, 8:54 PM #15
*pats*
I know how it feels to be a long time disappointed fan.

Brand royalty? Foolishness.
14th Sep 2020, 8:55 PM #16
Jesus Christ, everytime I think she can't get any lower she actually does. I am so, so tired to see her name pop all the time because she won't just shut the fuck up.
14th Sep 2020, 8:59 PM #17
Birb is the Worb
Niche:Who cares, grow up and move on with your life.

Easy for someone who isn't affected by people like her to say. Take your own advice mate.
14th Sep 2020, 9:01 PM #18
I'm so done with Rowling. The Harry Potter books were a pretty big part of my childhood and teenage years, and I'll always cherish the feelings I had reading them, but I'm done with her. Don't know what my relationship to the books/films will be going forward - at the very least, I probably won't read the books again. It makes me sad that someone who once wrote that love was the most powerful magic of all chose to use her fame to spread hate.

And I really need to get back to writing my novel. Dunno if 'I wanted to spite a TERF' is the best motivation to want to be a successful author, but if were to gain a fraction of Rowling's success, I hope I'd be a better person than her. Also I need to add more trans characters to my novel.
14th Sep 2020, 9:02 PM #19
-baleeted-
14th Sep 2020, 9:05 PM #20
😽😺Death is upon us😻😸
never cared about harry potter, perfect reason to continue never consuming it anyway