Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > Love Songs for Your Comic Couples?
Pages: 1
"Love Songs for Your Comic Couples?", 6 days ago, 11:37 PM #1
We've talked about a lot about playlists, end credits, and other for our comic inspiration.

For those of use who have a love story in our comics- do you have a love song that represents their story?

For Spindleweb: Fearnot x Eloise it is so clearly their song it sounds like it was written for their musical adaptation or something ahaha:

This one just sounds like Solaris x Terrestrial to me:
It has that timid hesitation, trepidation but also gets that genuine passion and devotion that fills you up with joy.
Ahh I hope I can translate whats in my head onto people's screen lol.

5 days ago, 12:24 AM #2
🐩 Poodle Lover 🐩
While I’m not sure how much of a ‘love song’ this is, I feel like the vibe and lyrics really fit the relationship between Josie and Brooke. It’s Wonderwall by Oasis.

Brooke helps Josie out of the tough spot he has been experiencing, and she just makes him feel valued like no one really had at that point. She is basically his hero.
It also fits the time period, being a song that came out before the apocalypse, so it’s believable to even exist in the world.
5 days ago, 1:00 AM #3
Hmm... Well, for the three main couples of my comic they have a few songs representing their relationships each...

First here is Charlotte and Chase...who started out as rival online gamers/complete strangers that slowly became a couple due to their mutual love of pop culture stuff such as video games, toys, and movies.

Then there's Claire and James... When Claire was a child she was quite sickly, and James ended up helping her during that time in her life quite a bit. He didn't think much of it, but to Claire it meant a lot and she'd hoped years later to maybe be with him. And through some outside help, James and Claire eventually do become a couple.

And the most recent couple Allison and Garrett...They started out as awkward acquaintances and it eventually turned into love thanks in part of a number of zany adventures they ended up in.

I spoilered them cause I didn't want to lag the forum or anything, but yeah...

5 days ago, 1:06 AM #4
There are two actual couples currently in my comic. Kotoko x Yukari has this as their song...

This song was sung by Yukari during the karaoke party, and that was when Kotoko realized that Yukari was her "voice of an angel". I would think the two hold the song in a special place in their hearts.

Nana x Shiori don't really have a song yet....hmmm lets go with this one...

---------------------

Natsume, the MC, isn't part of a couple yet, but she has several potential love interests.

I would like to think that Masami, and Amaranthe would both be singing this to Natsume...

Risa, however has this song always on her mind when it comes to Natsume...
5 days ago, 1:11 AM #5
For Jekyll & Vice - She Blinded Me With Science

For Hyde & Lucy - When I Fall in Love (I know people are expecting Beauty and the Beast, but really, I feel this song suits them better because Hyde had a fear of commitment due to a fear of being used and Lucy was adamant about dating with a purpose)
5 days ago, 4:10 AM #6
pigs are smarter than bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
James and Tolly:

I'm so glad that we are pals
5 days ago, 4:31 AM #7
Rose and Ryu would choose "The Closer I Get To You" by Roberta Flack and Donny Hathaway for those soft romantic afternoons, while "Tonight is the Night" by Betty Wright would be for the more intimate and steamy moments.

5 days ago, 10:48 AM #8
Haha! This is kind of embarrassing, but I secretly really like it. My comic is set in 1991 so I've been listening to lots of old 90's music. It's been fun. Reminds me of childhood.

So my original couple is Shane and Maeven. They would be THIS! (even though it didn't come out til like 94)

There will be a point where Shane enters the... realm of the dead? I don't want to say TOO much.
He will develop a relationship with my Grim Reaper. I don't know how far that will go yet, I'm leaving it up to the story, I guess.
They're fun:

But the story also deals with death, you may have assumed from the Grim Reaper.
But it's kind of like a rebirth. So, back to the cheesy 90's songs. Maybe this could be end credit:
5 days ago, 11:23 AM #9
Birb is the Worb
There are two versions of this song and I always change my mind about which I like best, but this is 100% Nate and Seb. The lyrics are extremely fitting. Slight spoilers, if you can read between the lines?

Each version has some lyrics the other doesn't include and all of those are fitting too, so here's the lyrics not included in this version:

5 days ago, 11:33 AM #10
For the upcoming [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] would have a perfectly fitting "You Spin Me Right Round."
5 days ago, 11:31 PM #11
Oh man so many. QUICK QUESTION and I've asked this before elsewhere but how do you insert music links :O
4 days ago, 12:47 AM #12
I gotcha!

This will be in the URL of the youtube vid- given it's not a playlist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXOB2Z-oM6s

You will take this piece of the code which starts after =
lXOB2Z-oM6s

And you will put it in youtube quotes
[youtube]lXOB2Z-oM6s[/youtube]
4 days ago, 1:07 AM #13
Ah hah! Thank you kindly ;D

Here's just a few for my various couples in Angels of the Fallen. Aint saying who cuz that's spoiler-y ^.^

Seriously. I've been collecting songs over the years and have way more lol
4 days ago, 1:20 AM #14
Heart of Keol only has the One True Pairing. I got multiple playlists dedicated to different scenes of this OTP, but here are two very best songs for it:

This song^ captures not only the OTP, but also the entirety of the story. (To be fair, the OTP does consist the majority of what the story is about.) The lyrics start at about halfway through the song. It is so, so very good.

And then, this:

The lyrics are part Elvish/ part English. Heart of Keol doesn't spell out everything with text; some of its best scenes have no text and are told entirely through visuals. I feel the Elvish lyrics kind of fit that. The lyrics speak to me not in words, but in pure sounds -- just like how some of my scenes speak without words.

I also really like how the English lyrics sing about a beautiful relationship that they know is going to end. The evanescence of all things in life is an important part of my story as well, so yeah.

Kokoneos:Ahh I hope I can translate whats in my head onto people's screen lol.

What we all dream of and strive for -- to be able to show the world what we see in our heads and hearts!
3 days ago, 4:15 PM #15
the only safe place is the top shelf
Babette x Pierre-Renard:
She Hates Me - the title is already very accurately describing what exactly drove Pierre-Renard into despair when Babette broke up with him!

Peter x Emily:
For anything regarding Emily, the song has of course to be from one of the singers this character was inspired by.
And given it now seems to be the beginning of the end of her relationship with Peter, I deem this song to be appropriate!

Babette x Tarik:
The only major romance in my comic that seems to have worked out so far, so, how about... one of the most well known French love songs ever?

Merged Doublepost:

Ah, and I remembered a good one for Yalala x Dolon - I titled this page after that song, after all!
(Ironically with swapped roles though: In my comic, it's the female royal who is showing the the "whole new world" to her lower class male lover!)
Pages: 1