Forum > Forum games > Mafia XCVIII: The Good, The Bad, and the Guilty
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
11 days ago, 5:58 AM #101
🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍏🍍
There isn't much to go on but voting stirs conversation which leads to deductions. For instance, if you flip town, I'd suspect Bold here playing an angle of flip a coin on another mafia to possibly secure a clear and whittle the rest away.

However, if I were bold I would suspect myself over anyone after this.
11 days ago, 6:00 AM #102
Although honestly, my death would be better for the town regardless if I'm guild or not since I'm unintentionally the best asset for the guild since I don't think before voting leading to the guild easily starting a train that results in a town kill and if I start a train they could easily night kill me to shift the blame onto someone else so while I'm not a mafia I may be unintentionally helping them in the long run.
11 days ago, 6:11 AM #103
persevered past being called "boulderousness"
Nama:However, if I were bold I would suspect myself over anyone after this.

You bandwagoned with me so idk what to say to you there, mate.
11 days ago, 6:51 AM #104
🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍏🍍
just my general play so far this game really, also going against the lms wagon in favor of the inky wagon.
11 days ago, 11:18 AM #105
By the way, when do I get executed?
11 days ago, 3:03 PM #106
Votes early, votes often
Bolderousness:

Why'd you board the Sky train, Turq? I honestly forgot you were playing so I wanna hear from you more.

Not sure if you scrolled up, but I had previously voted for Nama this phase. That seems to be a dead end though and literally everyone else is on Sky.
Since you are all convinced it's them I changed my vote.

Also that's fair that you didn't realize I was playing, a bunch of talk (for me at least, could have the time setting wrong), seems to happen really early in the morning so I end up missing the actual discussion.

Edit: Now that i'm paying attention to the times, I take that back. I guess I just check in at the wrong times.
11 days ago, 6:16 PM #107
And who could forget dear future knight
Night 3

Skybuilder (5) - Turquoise, Nyomi, Bizfurd, Nama, Bolderousness
Bolderousness (1) - skybuilder
Nama (1) - inky
Voter Turnout: 100%

The chemist Bizfurd paced back and forth in the clinic. This is because chemist is old-timey for doctor, and he had a patient, a patient with a troubling case indeed. The mayor, Bolderousness, sat in the corner, puffing smoke from a corncob pipe--not a bubble one, he ain't no pansy--as his assistant Turquoise works at a spare desk set up in the clinic, stamping papers and retrieving folders off of the shelf to hand to the chemist. The whole town was there, save for the postman, who was retrieving the incoming mail, and the pianist, who was making their soul known through the sorrowful playing coming from the saloon next door.

Bizfurd returned to his desk, covered completely in medical diagrams, chemical notes, and arcane grimoires. inky's condition was surely arcane in nature, and with the mayor's permission, he had secured some logs of witchery to try and cure it. "It's a troubling case indeed," he said, opening and flipping through the folder that had been handed to him, "It appears that this man's state was not caused by his tinctures. In fact, his tinctures seem wholly mundane--not an effect to their name.

"No, what plagues him now is nothing more than the result of a poison. What kind of poison, I do not know. It doesn't follow any logical line of chemistry, and though I was able to treat it for a time, enough for him to sit up and speak to us again this morning..."

He looks over to inky, lying motionless in the hospital bed. He can practically see the grim specter's scythe over the patient's head--and yet, every element of his condition reads as stable. What witchery had befallen this town, he wondered, but he was snapped out of it as the door opened.

The postman, skybuilder, stands in the door, breathing heavily. "I got," he pants, "mail. For all of you. You weren't home." Walking around and handing out letters--the mayor simply hands his to his assistant--the public service officer steps over Nyomi, dazed on the floor as usual, and stops at the foot of inky's bed and stares.

"... Feels like he's lookin' right at you, doesn't it? You reckon I can hold the letter he got in front of him and he'll get to read it?"

The music of the piano suddenly goes out of tune, then abruptly stops with a single discordant chord. The air snaps colder in an instant. "... The piano player!" shouts Nyomi suddenly, "Aw no, not them! They're the closest thing left to a tapster!" she springs to her feet with unexpected grace for a drunk and dashes out the door. Bolderousness, with a sigh, waves over his assistant and walks out of the clinic, the two of them followed close behind by Bizfurd hastily grabbing his kit for first aid.

In the saloon, Nama is found limp against the keyboard, and the air smells strange, and feels much colder. The chemist rushes forward, then suddenly falls to the ground. Nyomi falls next, then the mayor and his assistant.

In the morning, they awaken, dull and seeing strange colors in the corners of their vision. Reality feels weaker. Time, it feels shorter. The pianist welcomes them at the door, holding their head with a pained expression. "You guys... need to see this."

Back in the clinic, inky lays still, black, oily liquid seeping from their eyes and mouth and their body transmuted into a stone statue. Laying next to him, open on the ground, is an envelope, and next to it, a sheet of paper with a strange symbol. "Don't look directly at it," reports Nama, raising their hand to show two fingers, transmuted to stone.

"... So it has to be the postman. Right?" Nyomi asked waveringly, looking to the other townies.

The days have shortened! There will now be only a Morning Phase and an Evening Phase. As usual, the previous day's execution happens at the end of the Morning, and role actions are submitted during the Evening, but votes are always active!

inky has been turned to stone! He was a vanilla townie!

skybuilder is up for execution!

Morning 4 begins. Get voting, and vote underlined for the means of execution!
11 days ago, 10:17 PM #108
Well looks like our hunch for Inky being safe was right.
10 days ago, 2:05 AM #109
🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍏🍍
So, with the game not being over I think we can assume that Sky was in fact town and not a guild member. This unfortunately leaves me with no real clues.

Turq might be a contender, but Bold might still be one as well simply for the chaotic way he plays being an easy way to explain his voting.

Again, I'm fairly sure I know who the seer is but I don't know if PMing is allowed so I will wait on that.
10 days ago, 3:06 AM #110
Could just be Nyomi or Biz too

Merged Doublepost:

We've already discussed how I'm suspicious. No shit I am. The real question now falls on how suspicious are the other town suspects, including you, nama
10 days ago, 3:32 AM #111
🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍏🍍
I'm not sure about Nyomi but I don't feel it's Biz by voting history
10 days ago, 6:00 AM #112
Nama:So, with the game not being over I think we can assume that Sky was in fact town and not a guild member. This unfortunately leaves me with no real clues.

Turq might be a contender, but Bold might still be one as well simply for the chaotic way he plays being an easy way to explain his voting.

Again, I'm fairly sure I know who the seer is but I don't know if PMing is allowed so I will wait on that.

it is, but forward it to me. spill that tea, namz.
10 days ago, 3:29 PM #113
Anyways pet's train the people I got no reads on. Turquoise
10 days ago, 4:09 PM #114
🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍏🍍
After rereading the thread, as well as doing a quick vote check, I think it might actually be Turq. Or myself. But why would I vote myself?

Reason is: who is still alive who was on the LMS wagon? Bold. Biz, and Nyomi. I think they're all in the clear here going by how LMS was the one who was forced to tie the vote themselves and not another person. The only ones unaccounted for are Turquoise, Skybuilder (gonna die), and myself.
10 days ago, 4:51 PM #115
I was just like "haha put pressure in the most silent player" but that logic checks out =p

Merged Doublepost:

Gonna say, Nama, you risk putting yourself on the chopping block if you're wrong.
10 days ago, 5:35 PM #116
🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍏🍍
On the block or not the town gets one more day if we miss here and the guardian doesnt protect correctly.

It's a calculated risk depending on who is left after tonight if we do in fact miss.
10 days ago, 5:36 PM #117
Inb4 Turquoise was the guardian
10 days ago, 5:38 PM #118
🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍏🍍
Well if that's the case they could tell us who they protected at least to clear them. At least we get info on who that last mafia is from there.
10 days ago, 6:06 PM #119
End of Morning 4

skybuilder has been executed! He was a vanilla townie! Good jobs, kids, you got o—oh, oh wait, no.

Evening 4 begins. Vote and send in your role actions.
10 days ago, 9:28 PM #120
Votes early, votes often
I'm not going to vote for the person I work for on principle.
But if I told you I protected somebody then it was the wrong person because someone died last night anyway.
Not the Guardian mind you, just telling you that it would be easier to lie about it if I was. I'm vanilla.

I feel my earlier suspicion on Nama was correct, but just in case I am going to vote Nyomi Crushed by the Inky statue.
Forum > Forum games > Mafia XCVIII: The Good, The Bad, and the Guilty
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9