Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > How do you stop yourself from posting all your buffer at once
Pages: 1 2
"How do you stop yourself from posting all your buffer at once", 12th Nov 2020, 3:24 AM #1
I have a 20 pages buffer and i have to really restrain the urge to post all at once. If you have a buffer how do you deal with that feel?
12th Nov 2020, 3:34 AM #2
Ascend to a level of apathy where you forget your comic updated until it pops up in your feed
12th Nov 2020, 3:56 AM #3
🚿
The obvious answer is self-sabotage. Set up your queue and then immediately change your password while not looking at what you're typing. Save the password and log out. You now have 20 buffers' worth of time to figure out what that password is before the updates start running out. Obviously, the more time you give yourself, the better. And if you fail to get your password back before your queue runs out...well, that's where the neurotoxin emitters we've installed in your room come in.

Godspeed.

But in all seriousness, 20 pages? That's impressive. If you think you can keep up the pace, you can always increase the number of uploads per week, and if it starts eating into your buffer too much, just dial it back as necessary. Definitely resist dropping the whole enchilada, though. Regular drips of content are better for gathering eyes than massive dumps of it.
12th Nov 2020, 4:11 AM #4
I already started to upload twice per week instead of once and i think if i reach a 30 pages buffer I'll start uploading three times per week. As drawing my comic is my passion and temporarily i don't have much else to do i draw all the time.
12th Nov 2020, 4:13 AM #5
a slow stream of near-constant attention is much more validating than having it all piled on at once

also, it takes me so damn long to draw those pages. hell if I'm going to let you guys blaze through them in two minutes. wait and suffer
12th Nov 2020, 4:23 AM #6
I just hold on from teanslating the pages until the current buffer (which lasts until march) starts to run out.
12th Nov 2020, 4:57 AM #7
Remember that I actually have no buffer then cry because of my lapsing productivity.
12th Nov 2020, 4:58 AM #8
it's pronounced "Kooky"
Sit on your hands.
12th Nov 2020, 5:04 AM #9
Sorry about that, this is a serious dilemma! You should definitely show us all your buffer pages. Maybe they will provide some insight so we can figure out what to do next, like learning how sir power defeats the next wallbreaker!

ಠ﹏ಠ
ಠωಠ
12th Nov 2020, 5:06 AM #10
I think I can manage for now, but yeah, I would like to show it to someone already
12th Nov 2020, 5:19 AM #11
By uploading a page the second I get it done, thus ensuring there is no buffer.
12th Nov 2020, 5:30 AM #12
that would mean uploading almost everyday and I also don't wanna do that. I have a schedule and I will stick to it.
12th Nov 2020, 6:38 AM #13
I set a strict scedule (New pages release on tue, thur, sun) so then you have a good reason to stick to it.

12th Nov 2020, 10:27 AM #14
Birb is the Worb
Yep, strict schedules are good. You could also try preuploading the pages to get it done and trick your brain.
12th Nov 2020, 10:32 AM #15
Blimpmaster
The knowledge that I frequently won't draw for like three weeks in a row without any warning usually stops me from releasing my entire buffer all at once. I'd rather sit on pages I really like for a couple months than go on hiatus all the time.

Queueing all the uploads as soon as you finish them is also a good one, I agree
12th Nov 2020, 10:34 AM #16
JammyTheBirb:Yep, strict schedules are good. You could also try preuploading the pages to get it done and trick your brain.

Yep that’s what I do. I just upload them when I’m done and schedule them to be released later. Just the act of uploading settles some of that beast for me, and I try not to think much about wanting the page seen right away. I just go on my way, content with the fact that it’s there and it will be released when it’s time. Plus I don’t have to worry about losing or accidentally deleting a file...

I’m scheduled up to December 20th right now. Currently on hiatus until the 6th so I have to wait extra long for people to see the pages that are ready x)
12th Nov 2020, 11:22 AM #17
I upload differently on seperate sites.

I upload here a page at a time on a strict upload scheduled.
On a different site I upload 10 pages bulk when they are completed (even if ahead of schedule)
And on another site a full chapter when it's completed (even if ahead of schedule)
12th Nov 2020, 3:54 PM #18
Remember a time without buffer, when you had to pick between a page and a cool drawing you wanted to do. Now with buffer, that problem is gone! As long as you have a good schedule to keep adding to the buffer every now and then, of course.
12th Nov 2020, 4:07 PM #19
I have friends to whom I send my work as I go so they give me feedback if they like a story or not and they are aware I'm sending them the most recent stuff. While when it comes to CF, barely anyone reads/comments my comics so I'm almost indifferent to the schedule/updates, as I know the response will be close to zero.

Being unpopular has it's perks in this regard!
12th Nov 2020, 4:08 PM #20
I always hate it when my favorite comics go on hiatus, so I see keeping a buffer as insurance against subjecting my readers to that.

Also, apparently my 4.5 month buffer isn't normal?