Forum > Forum games > Mafia CI: Castaway Season 101 - Signups
Pages: 1 2
"Mafia CI: Castaway Season 101", 13 days ago, 11:43 PM #1
Drum bum
You sit in front of your TV, absentmindedly flicking through channels. The day drones on like a metronome, and you find yourself struggling to keep yourself awake as you try to find something on the TV to keep your mind occupied.

You’re desperate for a change from your ordinary life. If only something really cool were to happen to you right now! Images from the media you’ve consumed flash through your mind: you’re sucked into your favorite video game, or you get caught up in some sort of national conspiracy, a cute vampire moves in next door, or you accidentally get superpowers! The possibilities could be endless. Alas, you were stuck in the unfortunate universe in the multiverse in which nothing exciting ever seems to happen.

You let out an exasperated sigh as you put your remote down. Your eyes glaze over, but you are brought back to reality when a loud, annoying commercial plays on the TV. The hit reality game show, Castaway, is accepting applications to be a contestant for their one hundred-and-first season. “Good lord, Castaway has had 101 seasons already?” you think aloud, “And who are those two clowns? Are they the new hosts? I’ve never seen them before… What happened to Jeffery Pokst and Kris Mcclendon?” Despite your scoffing, the thought of submitting an application and winning it all tempts you. It seems like a nice change of pace, after all. A flight off to an exotic location, all expenses paid? Sounds pretty great.

You stop yourself. You could just be voted off the first day… or be hit with a natural disaster, or never win a reward challenge and have to eat rice and rice alone for days. That’s not good. Is the grand prize really worth it? The TV interrupts your deliberation, saying the prize for being the Last Castaway this season is 1.5 million dollars. Your eyes widen. That would completely pay off your $142,069 in student loans and then some...

With visions of a free vacation and no more debt dancing in your head, you reach for your phone and dial the number on the commercial....

---

Hi and welcome to Mafia CI, the start of the second century of ComicFury Mafia. As you may have pieced together, this game is themed after reality game shows like Survivor or Total Drama Island.

This game is a dual-venture between two of your favorite mid-2016-joining pals: Sample_Text aka Trav, and Nyomi! We will be your hosts for both this game and “Castaway.” I (Nyomi) have played way too many survivor games as a result of mafia on this website. Mafia was the gateway drug, and now I feel it’s time to loop around and come full circle.

That said, Trav is the one who really went ham on the game mechanics here. I’m only really good at balancing very simple games, and we wanted this to feel special. On the other hand, Trav is actually very skilled at game design. We appreciate him in this house. Take it away, Trav! :^)

------

Thanks, Nyomi, now I think we have a few questions in the crowd... uhh yeah, you, with the face.

Hi, I’m new here, what is this… “Mafia?”
Well, I'm glad you asked, person I made up.
Mafia is a game based around social deception. It involves a group of people called “the Town” trying to kill a smaller group called “the Mafia”. Oh, and the Mafia are also trying to kill the town, but they are a lot faster at it.
There are two “Phases” of the game: “Daytime”, and “Nighttime”. Both of these Phases are roughly 24 hours long in real time.
During the Daytime, all the players will vote on someone to kill, whoever has the most votes will die at the end of the Daytime. Once Daytime ends, it is now Nighttime.
During the Nighttime, the Mafia will choose to kill someone. Additionally, anyone who has a role action will also be able to do things during the night time. Once Nighttime ends, it becomes Daytime again.
And that’s the gist of it.

Well that’s cool, but it seems a little plain… are you doing anything cool?
That's kinda rude to ask (especially for an imaginary person), but as a matter of fact, yes.
In Mafia CI, everyone will have a role. And there are two third-party roles, both with different win conditions than everyone else. Don’t worry, I’ll give a little breakdown of all the different roles later. I feel like it's only fair that everyone has some idea of what they’re getting into. Oh also, in this game, there are two different kinds of Nighttime: a Good Night, and a Terrible Night. These affect certain role abilities, but don’t mean anything on their own.

So what about these roles, Punkass?
Ok, now you’re just being mean. I’m going to un-imagine you.
AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaa------
Sick, now about those roles.

-----------
All this sound good? Submit your application (or rather, sign up) below! Accepting any and all applications for Season 101 of Castaway! It’s not required, but I’d encourage you to write a small entry explaining who you are as a person, like a confessional on Survivor. Writing an intro could be fun, and it will help the “audience” figure out who you are as a player!

Also, Nyomi specifically here - and if anyone makes any actual confessionals (filmed particularly), I will scream and also cry (but it's absolutely not required!). Tell us who you think the snakes/mafia are! Who are your closest allies? Got a showmance? Make up some drama about the game! If you do, it’ll instantly go in flavor and I will thank you forever. Also, if you could leave a reference image of yourself or your persona, that’d be fabulous! I can’t promise anything will happen, but I can say I’ll try.

-2. Nyomi, Host
-1. Trav, Hostier Host
0. The camera man who I mugged in an alleyway bc I needed a burrito. (sorry Grant. (Not really (oh shit is the mic still on?)))
Currently face down in a spilled, melted puddle of a 711 cherry slushie in a Denny's Parking Lot with the ruined remains of my Danny Phantom fanfiction just out of my grasp. I think I hear the whispers of the ghost boy laughing at me in the distance, but that may be the delirium.
13 days ago, 11:48 PM #2
Hello am co-host :)
13 days ago, 11:54 PM #3
What a sucker
-2. Nyomi, Host
-1. Trav, Hostier Host
0. The camera man who I mugged in an alleyway bc I needed a burrito. (sorry Grant. (Not really (oh shit is the mic still on?)))
9. Jeremy7

HELLO
I HAVE BEEN BORN
13 days ago, 11:58 PM #4
-2. Nyomi, Host
-1. Trav, Hostier Host
7. Archer Xanthorg
9. Jeremy7

I'm just a man setting out to prove, that I've got nothing to prove.
12 days ago, 12:02 AM #5
Ooh! I love Mafia! Can I join? :D
12 days ago, 12:03 AM #6
Drum bum
Of course! Just go ahead and add your name to the sign up sheet! :^) Anyone and everyone is welcome to join!
Currently face down in a spilled, melted puddle of a 711 cherry slushie in a Denny's Parking Lot with the ruined remains of my Danny Phantom fanfiction just out of my grasp. I think I hear the whispers of the ghost boy laughing at me in the distance, but that may be the delirium.
12 days ago, 12:04 AM #7
Yay! Thank you! :D

-2. Nyomi, Host
-1. Trav, Hostier Host
3. The Alolan PokèNerd(Aka, APN, Aka Cress)
7. Archer Xanthorg
9. Jeremy7
12 days ago, 12:26 AM #8
LMS

-2. Nyomi, Host
-1. Trav, Hostier Host
5. LMS.
7. Archer Xanthorg
9. Jeremy7

Hellooo, everyonebodything, I am Lyell M. Snaggerty and I hardly know whereabouts I am, but I can haaardly wait to start the killings!
12 days ago, 1:07 AM #9
-2. Nyomi, Host
-1. Trav, Hostier Host
5. LMS.
7. Archer Xanthorg
9. Jeremy7
12. Nightsky

Ooooooh, a reality show! Neat! Sign me up for the free island trip!
12 days ago, 1:22 AM #10
-2. Nyomi, Host
-1. Trav, Hostier Host
5. LMS.
7. Archer Xanthorg
9. Jeremy7
12. Nightsky
14. Shuffle & Pixie the Ferret

Hi, I'm Shuffle! Teehee! I'm cute and sweet and like, totally love animals! Including my adorable ferret, Pixie. *Whispergiggles* Pixie is a boy! He'll be joining me. We don't get separated. Nuh-uh! Pictures to come as soon as I edit them in all my favorite apps! Did I mention I'm an up-and-coming Instagrammer? Because I am!

Edit: Here's me and Pixie!
12 days ago, 2:00 AM #11
🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍏🍍
-2. Nyomi, Host
-1. Trav, Hostier Host
1. Nama
5. LMS.
7. Archer Xanthorg
9. Jeremy7
12. Nightsky

Y'all are going down. That million will be mine.
12 days ago, 2:10 AM #12
-2. Nyomi, Host
-1. Trav, Hostier Host
1. Nama
4. Bewareweegee
5. LMS.
7. Archer Xanthorg
9. Jeremy7
12. Nightsky

It's been a long since I've done one of these mafia thingies. Like one cook said to another on Christmas, there's no present like the thyme! :3

12 days ago, 2:27 AM #13
Oh, also, this is me, for those who don't know what I look like UvU
12 days ago, 10:08 AM #14
And who could forget dear future knight
that's a lot of death roles. this seems very swingy
12 days ago, 10:35 AM #15
Drum bum
WEEGEE HI YOU'RE BACK!!!

Text, Trav's more well equipped to answer your concern than I am I think (we both set up the game initially but he went back through and fixed up a lot of stuff that our 3am brains cobbled together - I just drew the picture and fixed up the flavor), but let's just say there's both some surprises we left intentionally vague that should help offset the high number of killing roles, and we did base this very heavily off of a certain other mafia-based game that I Can No Longer Log Into because it's not F2P anymore and I lost my account details LMAO but there was some precedent for what we're doing. That game is usually fairly balanced, so I have faith this one will be as well. <3

On an entirely unrelated note, the survivor game I was just playing aired its finale tonight, and I got voted most entertaining. ;D Just felt like telling someone and this feels like a good spot to.
12 days ago, 3:21 PM #16
🏋️‍🎨𝕽𝖊𝖓𝖆𝖎𝖘𝖘𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝕸𝖆𝖓 💅🏂
welcome back Trav and Weegee! this sounds like an intriguing game, especially with all those roles around.

-2. Nyomi, Host
-1. Trav, Hostier Host
1. Nama
4. Bewareweegee
5. LMS.
7. Archer Xanthorg
8. Matt C. & Foolbeak the Chicken
9. Jeremy7
12. Nightsky

you know the deal. I'm the mysterious guy in the red M shirt, the living legend of nowhere. I'm an expert in shadiness and obscure lifeforms. speaking of which, my flavor partner will be this universe's version of my shamo chicken. don't go near the ferret, okay?
12 days ago, 3:25 PM #17
-2. Nyomi, Host
-1. Trav, Hostier Host
1. Nama
4. Bewareweegee
5. LMS.
order 66. Dickbutt (Zero Hour)
7. Archer Xanthorg
9. Jeremy7
12. Nightsky
12 days ago, 6:48 PM #18
Votes early, votes often
-2. Nyomi, Host
-1. Trav, Hostier Host
1. Nama
2. Turquoise
4. Bewareweegee
5. LMS.
7. Archer Xanthorg
9. Jeremy7
12. Nightsky

I'm just here to chill out. A vacation sounded pretty nice.
12 days ago, 7:26 PM #19
Text:that's a lot of death roles. this seems very swingy

Yeah, like nyomi said, i did leave a few roles vague in the general description, since this is a reality game show, i wanted to have a few "surprises". These surprises I'm hoping will offset the amount of killing roles. Dont worry, the descriptions we'll send y'all in Role PMs will be much more thorough.
12 days ago, 7:56 PM #20
-2. Nyomi, Host
-1. Trav, Hostier Host
1. Nama
2. Turquoise
4. Bewareweegee
5. LMS.
7. Archer Xanthorg
9. Jeremy7
10. Dr Dave Kitapi phD
12. Nightsky

"I don't expect to win because it's not even in the right currency for where I'm from - what am I supposed to do with that? Invest it? Also is this anything like Big Brother? I never watched that but I get the gist. What's a 'confessional'?"

E: Self portrait for host purposes. I'm taking the plush toy with me
Forum > Forum games > Mafia CI: Castaway Season 101 - Signups
Pages: 1 2