Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > UK super strain.
Pages: 1
"UK super strain.", 9 days ago, 12:18 AM #1
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
Oh man. I went to my state's capital yesterday and apparently somebody was walking around with the UK super transmissible strain. We're in a 3 day lockdown, declared a few hours ago. Shops packed...etc...
9 days ago, 1:18 AM #2
I wish you well, and I hope the Aussie governments are able to shut down the spread as they have so many times before.

Keep yourself sane, and know that we all support you.
"Toilet paper is worth more than gold now.", 9 days ago, 3:53 AM #3
I do so love all the whingers calling the lockdown an overreaction to a single case because they fail to grasp the concept that viruses spread.
9 days ago, 4:33 AM #4
Oh. I know. It's crazy. There's always people saying. "Why worry? It's only 10 cases" or whatever. But that would be 1000 in a day if nobody did anything to stop it.
6 days ago, 2:47 AM #5
did they work at a pizza bar? lol.
6 days ago, 4:58 AM #6
They worked at a quarantine hotel...so looking after all the people returning from London.

See. A sensible government might quarantine those people outside of our most populated city.

But that's not the government we have.
6 days ago, 5:17 AM #7
The Letter M:Oh. I know. It's crazy. There's always people saying. "Why worry? It's only 10 cases" or whatever. But that would be 1000 in a day if nobody did anything to stop it.

I'm in Beenleigh... my young mate was in the servo' on Friday, just before the lockdown and some bloke was spouting off abut not wearing a mask, with the old "My grandparents fought in W.W.II..."

I wish I'd been there to say
"Yes ! and THEY had huge gas masks to mandatorily carry around in even bigger bags and it was mandatory to bloody wear them, when told, or when the siren went off !"
6 days ago, 5:38 AM #8
Arrogant assholes everywhere. Anyway, unless they find some infected contacts of that one case we're coming out of lockdown tonight.
6 days ago, 6:00 AM #9
The Letter M:They worked at a quarantine hotel...so looking after all the people returning from London.

See. A sensible government might quarantine those people outside of our most populated city.

But that's not the government we have.

that's kinda dumb, it would make a lot more sense to have those working at the hotel isolate.
but hey, at least some pizza guy didn't K.O an entire state XD
4 days ago, 1:54 AM #10
it's pronounced "Kooky"
The Letter M:Arrogant assholes everywhere. Anyway, unless they find some infected contacts of that one case we're coming out of lockdown tonight.

Chances are, if they've found one it's already spreading.
4 days ago, 2:58 AM #11
There was another case but he was already quarantined because he was patient 0's husband. So far nobody else has tested positive for the UK strain.
4 days ago, 3:37 AM #12
Bear:I'm in Beenleigh... my young mate was in the servo' on Friday, just before the lockdown and some bloke was spouting off abut not wearing a mask, with the old "My grandparents fought in W.W.II..."

I wish I'd been there to say
"Yes ! and THEY had huge gas masks to mandatorily carry around in even bigger bags and it was mandatory to bloody wear them, when told, or when the siren went off !"

I hope you get the chance with some other pus-bag spouting that shit!

It makes me want to say, [given that I live on the West Coast of North America]:

Oh! I'm gonna have a bonfire on the beach during blackout because this is a free country! I'm sure the Imperial Navy isn't going to be watching; it's Friday night so I'm sure they're getting drunk too!

Merged Doublepost:

The Letter M:Oh man. I went to my state's capital yesterday and apparently somebody was walking around with the UK super transmissible strain. We're in a 3 day lockdown, declared a few hours ago. Shops packed...etc...

Gods. Damn. It.........

Here the precautions are barely being enforced anymore.

The right-wing politicians are still being fucktards. During the Capitol Siege, the representatives went into shelter as the fascist assholes stormed both houses of Congress.

In the shelter, some reps refused masks and even mocked people offering them. Now three members of Congress who were in that shelter are positive for covid19.

What's it gonna take? Piles of corpses on street corners?!

I'm so angry about the deniers and the minimizers that I hope I see their faces when [fill in the blank].

The phone is mightier than the assault rifle.
4 days ago, 8:43 AM #13
That story about congress is INSANE!
3 days ago, 4:21 AM #14
I believe the latest on this little piece of fucktardism is that the House Sergeant of Arms now requires total mask compliance.

Please forgive me, I have to quote Lou Reed. It helps me cope.

I really don't care any more,
About all the jim-jims in this town,
And everybody putting everyone else down,
And all the politicians makin' crazy sounds,
And all the dead bodies piled up in mounds!

Yesterday, 6:18 AM #15
Kevin_Redcrow:What's it gonna take? Piles of corpses on street corners?!

Only if their loved ones are in the pile. As long as they believe them and theirs won't be harmed by the virus, they don't care who dies. That's been their rhetoric from the beginning - most people survive COVID, therefore, it's tragic but not worth inconveniencing ourselves over.

People don't realize that real-world viruses can't be as deadly as their fictional apocalyptic counterparts and still result in a global pandemic, because viruses with a 50%+ mortality rate typically kill people too fast to spread that far.
Yesterday, 9:48 PM #16
NanoGlyph:

People don't realize that real-world viruses can't be as deadly as their fictional apocalyptic counterparts and still result in a global pandemic, because viruses with a 50%+ mortality rate typically kill people too fast to spread that far.

Ah! [raised eyebrows]

I did not think of that!

Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > UK super strain.
Pages: 1