Forum > News & Announcements > comicfury needs your help
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
4 days ago, 1:10 PM #181
I got you! Thank you for keeping the site around! I'm all subscribed up on Patreon and will support you for as long as I can. :)
4 days ago, 6:17 PM #182
cant do Patreon for the time being but i can do ads
"New Patreon", 4 days ago, 7:05 PM #183
Done! You've got yourself a new patreon supporter
4 days ago, 9:39 PM #184
How much do you guys need monthly anyway? Anyway, I’ll see if I can give on Patreon but at the very least I’ll help spread the word about this. I’m sure even non-CF users would help too.
3 days ago, 2:21 AM #185
Okay, okay... since you asked SO nicely, take the wallet!!

I had a plan to start paying on Patreon once I got my comic rolling. I see it as "renting" my space. Unfortunately, it's still in the scripting process and I haven't released anything, yet. Maybe paying rent ahead of time will get me back to working on it, again. lol (I hope you don't charge pet fees ;_;)

I have no problem with comics being advertised on my page as long as, like others have said, clean ads - no nudity. Surprise booty wouldn't work well with my style. >.>; Would be great if they didn't have to be Google ads and just stayed comic related. I like the idea to pay to advertise my comic, as well. I saw the option in the settings to turn on ads, but never actually saw any, so I didn't know how that worked. Also, people can pay to opt out of ads if they wanted!

Another idea, kind of what you had mentioned, is buying more space to upload files. The first so many mb/gigs can be free, but after that could be a few bucks for more space. This could encourage people to keep their file space clean, as well.

I love the fact that this site isn't run by a huge corp. I've been lurking on here since 2015, and would hate to see it change for worse. I would be glad to help out in any way I can. Thank you for letting us know what's going on and not surprising us with changes that could have a negative impact. If you could make any extra money from it, you certainly deserve it. Thanks for everything, Kyo!
3 days ago, 6:19 AM #186
Kyo
🐊
racarter:How much do you guys need monthly anyway? Anyway, I’ll see if I can give on Patreon but at the very least I’ll help spread the word about this. I’m sure even non-CF users would help too.

I haven't picked out a specific offering yet, since I didn't know how this was gonna go, but because of the beyond incredible response to this, I think it's fairly safe to say that we should find something good on what has already been pledged. Of course I expect things to drop off a little bit again but we should still be in the clear. Y'all are amazing!
3 days ago, 8:55 AM #187
for a while now ive been waiting for a """sign""" or something to finally start supporting patreons now that i have a job, and i guess this is it!!
3 days ago, 9:29 AM #188
likes your new haircut
I would totally buy merch/donate designs for said merch.
3 days ago, 9:35 AM #189
What I think would be cool would be for as many comic fury artists as possible to draw their characters on a shirt so then it's covered unique characters
3 days ago, 11:54 AM #190
Tom Street:What I think would be cool would be for as many comic fury artists as possible to draw their characters on a shirt so then it's covered unique characters

I'd be fine with helping with that.
3 days ago, 3:48 PM #191
3 days ago, 5:54 PM #192
killersteak:whats the big deal if you are forced to monetone the site? its already a bunch of greys.

Nooo! No monetoning! Fans of color, I call to you! Let us campaign to save Comic Fury's color!

Nyomi:E: or take out the "you may not release the artistic rage" part if you want it to be straight advertising,

But that's the best part!

Kyo:Well, currently there are no ads on any part of the site (unless a webcomic creator is running their own ads, which I have no control over). The ads I mentioned would be for the voluntary ad space (which is a thing you can enable in your webcomic settings, off by default) - and it would basically just be webcomic banners similar to the ones that are on webcomic profiles. I share your disdain for ads (or most types of ads anyway), so I really would only want these ads to be for other webcomics, no animation in the banners, no nudity or overly suggestive imagery, and you would be able to block flags and specific webcomics the same way you can do for the recommended webcomics on your webcomic profiles (in fact it would just use those options - that's the advantage of doing our own kind of system, we can really control it, and there's preexisting metadata to make sure it's not like a thing where someone's drawing innocent pg comics and suddenly has adult themed ads on their webcomic).

This all sounds just right to me. I understand "overly suggestive imagery" is a grey area, but I'm thankful it's listed.

Kyo:thanks! I'm studying computer science. I was actually halfway done with it already but then life got in the way so now I'm finding my way back into it. I honestly didn't even anticipate I'd ever actually get to finish my degree, so I'm pretty excited to be back at it

It's great you can get back to it! My brain's a bit too broken to seriously work with computers, but I love tinkering where I can; mostly low-level stuff.

@all those who have to ask their parents about paying money online: If you can talk to your parents in a mature way, they might let you donate. Pick a good time to talk to them, when they're not busy, if possible. Perhaps lead with the value you get from CF; saying how much entertainment you get out of it, and mention that it costs money to run the servers. IDK I'm just trying to adapt & condense advice I've read on jw.org, but I do remember from when I was a kid that if parents - even crazy ones - see you as having a mature perspective, they're much more likely to consider what you say. Do be open to discussion with them, that's part of a mature approach, and remember they may still have good reasons for saying "no".
3 days ago, 8:34 PM #193
people pleading poverty--

OPTION 1
1. set up paypal.
2. set up a comicad advert on your comic.
3. when you earn enough, transfer to paypal.
4. from paypal, transfer to the comicfury site owner.

OPTION 2
1. create a banner or other advert picture.
2. put it on your comic.
3. link it to the site owner patreon begging bowl.

it's always possible to help.
3 days ago, 9:32 PM #194
Done! Happy to help in this small way
3 days ago, 11:02 PM #195
<<removed>>
2 days ago, 11:45 PM #196
I don't know if Kyo still checks this thread, but what about looking into the Brave browser for potential donations? I'm new-ish to it, but I think you can donate to creators by choosing to look at ads as you browse with it. It uses an ad blocker, so all ads are voluntary. Might not be Kyo's ideal, but it might be a way for folks to contribute even if they don't have any money to spare. Just a thought.
Yesterday, 12:47 AM #197
Just signed up for $5/month on Patreon. I hope this helps! :-)
Yesterday, 4:41 AM #198
I have just joined this site so of course i want it to continue for a long time. I'll see what I can contribute.
Yesterday, 1:51 PM #199
Kyo
🐊
Shuffle:I don't know if Kyo still checks this thread, but what about looking into the Brave browser for potential donations? I'm new-ish to it, but I think you can donate to creators by choosing to look at ads as you browse with it. It uses an ad blocker, so all ads are voluntary. Might not be Kyo's ideal, but it might be a way for folks to contribute even if they don't have any money to spare. Just a thought.

I quickly checked it out. To be completely honest, since the brave browser isn't very widely used, and comicfury also isn't a huge website, I feel like this would probably not be worth doing, at least at the current stage. It's kind of a neat idea, but since my time is already a kind of scarce resource, I wouldn't want to manage a million different platforms for this stuff. Thanks for the suggestion though, the way it works is a pretty interesting model
Yesterday, 2:09 PM #200
That's fair, Kyo. Thanks for the response!
Forum > News & Announcements > comicfury needs your help
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11