Forum > News & Announcements > comicfury needs your help
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
13 days ago, 7:14 PM #41
Drum bum
Made my own $3.50 tier, and then decided that $5 star power was too sexy not to click.

Hopefully I can stay at $5, but I might have to lower it as time goes on - I'm a broke college student lol sorry - but if I get to the point that I can't afford it, I'll plop some ads on my website... when it ever gets going LMAO

thanks for all the work you do, kyo!
Currently face down in a spilled, melted puddle of a 711 cherry slushie in a Denny's Parking Lot with the ruined remains of my Danny Phantom fanfiction just out of my grasp. I think I hear the whispers of the ghost boy laughing at me in the distance, but that may be the delirium.
13 days ago, 7:18 PM #42
-3-

Kyo:
Thank you, but unfortunately not. I live in a place that doesn't deal in freedom money, and I think the shipping costs accross the ocean would make this non-viable for most users anyway.

Understood.
When my son visits next month, i'll see if i can set something up through him. He does 'normal' in that regard, at least.

Thanks for the One-Of-A-Kind greatness you provide here!
13 days ago, 7:22 PM #43
Just signed up for the $5 tier! Being on this site has been a great experience, and I'm glad I'm able to to give something (even just a little) back for all of your hard work. Thanks Kyo & all the mods!
13 days ago, 7:25 PM #44
I have my dream career as a comic artist thanks to this site. I am eternally grateful, and I am happy to support you. I only wish I had known about your patreon sooner.

Thank you so much for your hard work.
13 days ago, 7:38 PM #45
formerly roma
Posting that I increased my pledge and also to do a Rainbow power flex.
13 days ago, 7:42 PM #46
I'm getting more hours in a few weeks, and the moment I get that paycheck in I'm increasing my pledge up to be higher! Kyo, would you consider an indiegogo/kickstarter to pay for a server upgrade? There's a lot of vibes around that people are happy to give one-offs but iffy around monthly pledges.
13 days ago, 7:44 PM #47
My problem with Patreon has always been this: I basically have 0 money coming in outside of birthdays and Christmas.

Wish I could help.
"Is there any other alternative beside Patreon", 13 days ago, 7:50 PM #48
Kyo,

I am wondering if there's any alternative to Patreon available on your end. My accountant specifically told me to do business Patreon for myself, and as a programmer, I will not use it for security reasons. However, I do want to help. Do you have any Ko-Fi, PayPal.Me, Venmo, Crypto, Google Pay or Gumroad options available?

I would also suggest charging extra if people want https or other bells and whistles. I know I would, because if I am going to pay $400 a year for webhosting, I would rather it go to help other comic creators as well.

Cheers,
Vas

Merged Doublepost:

cheetour:I'm getting more hours in a few weeks, and the moment I get that paycheck in I'm increasing my pledge up to be higher! Kyo, would you consider an indiegogo/kickstarter to pay for a server upgrade? There's a lot of vibes around that people are happy to give one-offs but iffy around monthly pledges.

In addition to the options I mentioned, seconded!
13 days ago, 8:09 PM #49
i gave a sexy little $10. a kissaroo from me to you

i don't mind ads on my site personally, but if i had to pay for custom domain name or file hosting space i'd be a really sad boy. i don't know what your stretch goal is, but i hope this helps
13 days ago, 8:17 PM #50
I'm 17, not turning 18 till Nov, and in general, don't have steady income, I think that along with Patreon, Kofi would be a good idea for those who can't afford to donate monthly, and if ads were to be added, then I will be happy to have ads on my comic(hope none of this came off as rude, wish you the best of luck!)
13 days ago, 8:20 PM #51
I'm a patron already, but ill bump my pledge up to $5 bc i love you <3
13 days ago, 8:20 PM #52
For those who can't afford $5, but want to pay more than $1, you can pick the $1 tier and add more per month.
13 days ago, 8:20 PM #53
I can't do any donations right now as I'm very deep in the hole probably for the rest of my life, but I would happily put ads on my comic site if there were customization options like you/others have mentioned. Most comics on here wouldn't be a problem, but there are a bunch I really don't want to give exposure to or be affiliated with, if u catch my drift.
13 days ago, 8:27 PM #54
Joined in Patreon, it's the least I can do. And I really appreciate that the site has remained ad-free when nowdays there's ads just everywhere...
13 days ago, 8:32 PM #55
Kyo
🐊
cheetour:I'm getting more hours in a few weeks, and the moment I get that paycheck in I'm increasing my pledge up to be higher! Kyo, would you consider an indiegogo/kickstarter to pay for a server upgrade? There's a lot of vibes around that people are happy to give one-offs but iffy around monthly pledges.

Since there's a lot of interest I probably will set up a ko-fi/paypal type of thing, I'll just have to research it a little bit. I don't think indiegogo/kickstarter would really be the right kind of thing for this, since this isn't really about me physically buying a server, I need to cover the monthly ongoing costs of having a server somewhere in a datacenter. I definitely prefer patreon because I can plan around it, I can basically look at the patreon and say "it's making X dollars a month, so that's the budget for the new server", since it's not just a one time payment.

vaslittlecrow:Kyo,

I am wondering if there's any alternative to Patreon available on your end. My accountant specifically told me to do business Patreon for myself, and as a programmer, I will not use it for security reasons. However, I do want to help. Do you have any Ko-Fi, PayPal.Me, Venmo, Crypto, Google Pay or Gumroad options available?

I would also suggest charging extra if people want https or other bells and whistles. I know I would, because if I am going to pay $400 a year for webhosting, I would rather it go to help other comic creators as well.

Currently not, currently I only have the patreon. Like I said, I liked that option because it handles the tax/vat stuff for you, which most other platforms do not. I'll have to research what all I would need to do with ko-fi etc., but I will look into it.

If I do add paid features, it certainly won't cost 400 bucks a year, I would try to make it as cheap as possible, like I said, I'm not really interested in turning a massive profit here, it's just about keeping the site going. But ideally it won't even come to that at all, and judging by the response so far, it probably won't.

heckos:I can't do any donations right now as I'm very deep in the hole probably for the rest of my life, but I would happily put ads on my comic site if there were customization options like you/others have mentioned. Most comics on here wouldn't be a problem, but there are a bunch I really don't want to give exposure to or be affiliated with, if u catch my drift.

the webcomic banners would definitely use the same block list as the "Readers of this Webcomic also like" feature
13 days ago, 8:44 PM #56
I'm at work rn but I'll set a patron account for you when I have time to look at it. CF is definitely worth investing in!
13 days ago, 8:54 PM #57
I've joined the patreon (afraid I can only do the lowest tier at the moment) but I would also be happy to put some advertising on my site and if there were some sort of donation thing set up I'd definitely drop some in from time to time when I've a bit more spare dough than usual.

It's amazing you keep such a great site going for free and have done for so long, I'm more than happy to support it, thanks for all you do Kyo.
13 days ago, 8:56 PM #58
I just updated to the 5$ tier... if I can afford more in the future I'll update again.

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
13 days ago, 9:03 PM #59
I would much rather pay to advertise on your site than ever use Patreon.
DM me.
13 days ago, 9:05 PM #60
I actually agree with some of the statements here. I've been wanting to be a patron for a long time, but patreon for some reason absolutely hates my bank. if you had a Paypal link I could donate as soon as tomorrow, but other than that I would love for ads to be on my comics actually. it would be nice to see my comics actually serve a purpose and help the site. plus it would give me more motivation to convince people to come here rather than upload my comics anywhere else.