Forum > News & Announcements > comicfury needs your help
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
13 days ago, 9:07 PM #61
Kyo:the webcomic banners would definitely use the same block list as the "Readers of this Webcomic also like" feature

That sounds like a really good solution!
13 days ago, 9:13 PM #62
Ok..so apparently I now have "moon power".

BRB, gonna drive down the highway and abuse my new abilities for fun.
13 days ago, 9:22 PM #63
You ever think about upping your social media game? Like getting someone to run your twitter since you're so busy. Becoming an account that retweets ComicFury updates as well as making announcements would be cool. Sharing your patreon out there on the interwebs would help a lot. It also helps creators on here spread the word easier
13 days ago, 9:30 PM #64
Kyo
🐊
mightguy15:I actually agree with some of the statements here. I've been wanting to be a patron for a long time, but patreon for some reason absolutely hates my bank. if you had a Paypal link I could donate as soon as tomorrow, but other than that I would love for ads to be on my comics actually. it would be nice to see my comics actually serve a purpose and help the site. plus it would give me more motivation to convince people to come here rather than upload my comics anywhere else.

afaik you can use paypal to pay with patreon

Dyohna:You ever think about upping your social media game? Like getting someone to run your twitter since you're so busy. Becoming an account that retweets ComicFury updates as well as making announcements would be cool. Sharing your patreon out there on the interwebs would help a lot. It also helps creators on here spread the word easier

I wouldn't be against that, but I guess I would have to find someone to do it. I'm kind of a social media hermit, the only thing I really have is discord and I only use it to talk to like 7 people. twitter kind of confuses me to be honest
13 days ago, 9:37 PM #65
Kyo:afaik you can use paypal to pay with patreon

Correct. When I just set up my payment method it offered credit card or Paypal.
13 days ago, 9:39 PM #66
I am afraid I am short with the baby being priority one in our budget. I would do a one time donation if I could though.
13 days ago, 9:48 PM #67
I'm new in this site, and I wouldn't mind ads at all. I think if we can choose where to show them that would be awesome. Unfortunately I live in a country that has limitations about USD and even when I have the equivalent money to became a patron I just legally can't, it's outside of my monetary capacity :(
I think this site needs more people to join to Patreon, so using Twitter and Instagram can help a lot. I see a lot of people who doesn't participate in the site but they use it for their own projects, I bet a lot of them would glady join the project.
On another hand, this is the second free webcomite site I use since the last one closed for the same problem, but in that time it was all donations and Patreon didn't exist. I want to keep using this page, it's a breath of fresh air for creatives.
13 days ago, 9:52 PM #68
Kyo, is the upgrade a one time cost or recurring cost? Also I love the cheeky remark on the Patreon goal but maybe if you post the actual recurring cost/goal (assuming it's recurring) people would be inclined to donate more? Or at least not let it drop down?
13 days ago, 10:01 PM #69
Personally I've never used Patreon because if I subscribed to one deserving creator I'd know that there were 20 others that I couldn't afford to back and 20 more for each of those... (and yes, I do consider a website host as a deserving creator when they are giving other creators a means to display their work to a wider audience than they could do on their own).
Does CF have an email address that I could make a PayPal donation to? If you have one then you can have donations without the need for a button.
13 days ago, 10:07 PM #70
Unfortunately I'm not old enough... but I will do my best to create a great comic that will generate you more ad revenue! IDK if that would help actually I'm just a dumb 15-year-old :|
13 days ago, 10:26 PM #71
likes your new haircut
I don't like doing subscriptions but I reckon I could do a straight paypal donation once in a while.
13 days ago, 10:31 PM #72
Kyo:afaik you can use paypal to pay with patreon

Ack, I probably should have noticed that -_-.
13 days ago, 10:37 PM #73
Oh I will absolutely crunch some numbers, echoing others sentiments where I really appreciate the honesty here! The way this place is run, and the freedoms it gives, i am more than happy to give back if im able to
13 days ago, 10:52 PM #74
I threw a few coin at you in November(?) as a little celebration to myself for my first anniversary here. My money situation is more in flux so it's a come and go thing.

I believe I've already set the check-mark for allowing ads on my comics but just in case you need it in digital writing- I will happily accept ads. Thank you for creating this wonderful site.
13 days ago, 11:02 PM #75
If you end up putting ads on, you can always sell the perk that old smackjeeves had where it was like $20 a year to have no ads on your comic. I used to pay for that, I'm willing to pay not to have ads.

I don't like running too many monthly charges, and while I'd prefer a lump donation, I could do Patreon for the time being.

The world of Edos is on the verge of crisis, but also opportunity for a fresh mage to make his mark on it.
13 days ago, 11:06 PM #76
I can't afford it, but I do have a few words of gratitude...

Thank you for not only hosting my comic but giving me the creative freedom I wanted. Other websites were really nitpicky and had weird specifications, but yours just welcomed it with no strings attached and I feel very grateful for that. I hope everything goes well for you and this place!
13 days ago, 11:08 PM #77
🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍏🍍
Kyo:Also the patreon rewards are fake, sorry.

Guess I should be saving these points then
13 days ago, 11:23 PM #78
formerly Edward Carter
Would a one-time donation help? I can give about 100 dollars.
I don't want to see Comicfury diminish. :(
13 days ago, 11:40 PM #79
Id pledge if my PayPal wasn't broken, but for now I'll host ads on my webcomic to help out a little
13 days ago, 11:54 PM #80
Gig-work here, so would definitely support the lump-sum option! Ko-fi's great. Also, I propose a mass-cleanup of extra files we all don't need anymore -- collectively, that server space would allow so much funding to be redirected towards other costs (or, y'know, more webcomics!).