Forum > News & Announcements > comicfury needs your help
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 days ago, 11:58 PM #81
Whatever you need, I'm in, big man--lump sum, subscription, whatever.
12 days ago, 12:01 AM #82
I wish I can donate, but sadly, I'm on a budget. I'm stuck paying my car payment and rent where I live at. Life is fun, right?

Ads wouldn't be a bad idea if I wasn't using IPs from Bomberman in my comic.
12 days ago, 12:07 AM #83
Would it be a possibility to become a patron and at a certain tier (say $10-$15) not see ads on any part of the site? I really don't like ads and will legit pay not to have to see them while logged into my account. If this isn't possible, that's fine. I'll just have to become a patron anyway. Lemme check out that patreon page now.
12 days ago, 12:13 AM #84
It is done
12 days ago, 12:22 AM #85
I actually posted about it on my Twitter. Since I use Subscribestar, I asked anyone wanting to donate who prefers Patreon to donate to ya'll's instead, and I'll meet the reward amount as if it's to me. For anyone who's having a similar issue or can't accept funds over Patreon-esque sites in any way, it might be a good way to go about helping. I don't use Patreon anymore so I have no means of personally donating, but I found another way to hopefully send income that way.
12 days ago, 12:23 AM #86
Hey as long as you don't sell out, I think it's fine to ask for money to keep your non-profit site afloat. I'll think about donating 5 bucks every now and then to help support the site when I'm in a more solid financial state.
12 days ago, 12:25 AM #87
I have been far from active for *checks* oh shoot, years, but ComicFury was where I first started doing webcomics and will be forever in my heart <3

(So here's some money for being an awesome place for so long)
12 days ago, 12:28 AM #88
I HAD noticed this site was free but dang, wasn't aware of all that.

Subbed at $1, can't afford more right now but hopefully it helps.

There was a website that closed years back, a site I grew up on and which influenced my life more than I can say. It shut down due to money troubles I never knew about and was too young to help with at the time anyway.

You have my support for the use I get from this site, but also in memory of that old site.

RIP Protagonize, miss ya every day.
12 days ago, 12:31 AM #89
This place has been good to me, so I gotta be good to it!

I doubled my pledge so Kyo can buy a monthly whisky sour to help get through 2021!
12 days ago, 12:43 AM #90
I can't pledge anything, since I got 3 more years until I'm 18 so oop.
But idk, put some ads on my comic. It's not even a comic, it's a book lol.
12 days ago, 12:45 AM #91
You know Kyo, seeing this genuinely made me happy, I'm really proud that you're straight up asking money because that's hard! And it shows how much you're willing to go to make sure this site can keep chugging. Being less afraid to charge for things also means it'll be easier to think about buying other things for the site besides the server space... like help!

It's absolutely wonderful that you don't plan to really make this a money-making enterprise, but you also have many users who would likely appreciate if you took a little initiative in growing the site more intentionally (gotta feed us more readers wink wink) while staying true to what makes this site great and unique. Someone else mentioned getting someone dedicated to managing social media, but consider this could also include marketing the site to more places (I bet a ton of furaffinity and deviantart comic makers would jump to this site if they knew how great it was), or getting someone to integrate features you don't have the time or experience to do by yourself.

Regarding ads, I'm personally against them except on the main site (or I guess it'd be opt-in). There's probably a number of features you could turn premium without really upsetting people. Have you checked your usage stats for outliers? (maybe not 80 extra files but is there someone hosting several thousand?)
12 days ago, 12:58 AM #92
You know, the DuckWebcomics does the internal ads, and the aren't obtrusive. I would certainly be willing to promote my comic on a reasonably priced internal ad.
12 days ago, 1:02 AM #93
I wonder if it would be possible to come up with some kind of profile badge or icon that shows who's a supporter. Maybe you can have that icon / badge link to the patreon or a page describing what support will do to help the site.

Just some ideas.
12 days ago, 1:09 AM #94
I've been thinking of becoming a patron. I was just too tired to set it up for a couple of weeks. Will do it after posting this.

JitterbugJive:I don't think comic ads would be a bad idea, honestly. Furaffinity ads are kind of like this and it doesn't bother me at all to see artists looking for adspace as opposed to wealthy companies trying to sell a product.

90% agreed. I remember this working out pretty well for FurAffinity back when I was on there. I also remember the ads and ad-like banners on Comic Genesis, The Duck, and other sites led me to some interesting comics. My only caveat is I'd appreciate it if the adverts can avoid even near-nudity. I was a bit too into that sort of thing a few years ago, and it's awfully hard to kick the habit.
12 days ago, 1:19 AM #95
Your generosity has let me do a Webcomic for 8 years and 1000+ pages. It would be wrong for me not to support ya in your time of need.
12 days ago, 1:19 AM #96
Kyo:I've been super swamped

im disappointed no one caught this
12 days ago, 1:20 AM #97
I joined $5 tier, but I can increase the amount once I get more stable income.
12 days ago, 1:22 AM #98
Kyo:Since there's a lot of interest I probably will set up a ko-fi/paypal type of thing, I'll just have to research it a little bit.

Do keep us posted on that. Some of us have fans who follow on ComicFury but don't otherwise have a ComicFury account, and it's a lot easier to rally fans to throw money to fund the gator swamp via Ko-Fi than it is via a Patreon.

On a side note: the Patreon perks are geared towards people already signed up on the site. I wonder if there's a way to get people who visit frequently but haven't signed up to ComicFury to invest in the site (like a sidebox shoutout or something).
12 days ago, 1:30 AM #99
smartest motherfucker around
I don't have a job, so I'm a bit limited.

I think it would be cool to make a group comic specifically for the purpose of fund raising from ad revinue or whatever. If you have multiple people work on it you could pull out all the stops: Have super good art work, lots of bells and whistles and still have a relatively frequent update schedule. Logistically that's very difficult but just throwing it out there.

Selling merch and stuff? I know that's got definitely got logistical issues as well but everyone needs clothes and things. It kind of makes it easier to justify the cost.

The other thing I don't think people want to think about is setting more limits on how much data authors can upload at once. There's lots of different ways to implement that but it's probably going to need to be done at some point.

I feel like getting ads working would be the first thing to do.

It's always sounded like Kyo's swamped so getting help with these things might be helpful. Of course that comes with a whole bunch of problems as well. This stuff's hard man.
12 days ago, 1:33 AM #100
Drum bum
The patreon really went from under $200 to over $500 in what appears to be about 24 hours.

Holy shit, I love this community.

(Also, weirdly specific but if you think I wouldn't buy Comicfury merch, you're wrong. I'd wear a crocodile hoodie any day.)
Currently face down in a spilled, melted puddle of a 711 cherry slushie in a Denny's Parking Lot with the ruined remains of my Danny Phantom fanfiction just out of my grasp. I think I hear the whispers of the ghost boy laughing at me in the distance, but that may be the delirium.
Forum > News & Announcements > comicfury needs your help
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11