Forum > News & Announcements > comicfury needs your help
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 days ago, 1:36 AM #101
I am all for raising the minimum tier to 2$ and adding a lump-sum payment option- whether that be a "Donate" link or a Ko-fi account.
12 days ago, 1:38 AM #102
in the top percentile of cool kidz
I'd also wear ComicFury apparel. Maybe like a shirt saying "The many faces of ComicFury" and then having an array of the various crocodiles. Actually, I REALLY want a ComicFury shirt now.
12 days ago, 1:53 AM #103
The Alolan PokeNerd:I would really, really love to help...but I'm a minor and I don't think my parents would let me do this..... I hope you raise lots of money though <3

Honestly same here but since I have a job I would definitely if I could.

Merged Doublepost:

reddog f.13:i like the straightforward honesty. so many company's try to "soften" this stuff with fluff words or mention it in fine print at size 2 font.

i wouldn't mind ADs on my comic. long as there not forced, per say. i switched on ads in the beginning (before finding out they were gone anyway) because it was really nice to have a choice instead of having 5 ad blocks scattered everywhere by force. like how many sites are there that actually ASK you first to place ads?

maybe those who cant do patreon because too young or no financial wiggle room would be willing to pick it up as well.

the other thing about ads is its enemy the ad block. its gonna rely on people turning it off and i find that the more a website pushes for ads to go through, the more people push back. (such as those annoying blockers going "WE SEE YOU HAVE AD BLOCKER, PLEASE TURN-" it makes me flee the site immediately, or use a separate blocker to basically have it fudge off.

so maybe it'd be a good idea to switch back on those selective ads again. see how it works and maybe it'll give a boost and work for the better.

Personally, I would be fine with ads like you said since it would be a way to support comic fury without Patreon but as long as they aren't inappropriate and same here I also hate the dreaded disable your ad blocker pop up.
12 days ago, 2:02 AM #104
Kyo:I've been super swamped

mitchellbravo:im disappointed no one caught this

Ohhhh me too! XD But I never even saw it, this thread's moving waaay too fast for me to keep up with. (That's a good thing, considering the subject.)

So Kyo, is your new swamp comfortable?
12 days ago, 2:18 AM #105
Nyomi:The patreon really went from under $200 to over $500 in what appears to be about 24 hours.

Holy shit, I love this community.

(Also, weirdly specific but if you think I wouldn't buy Comicfury merch, you're wrong. I'd wear a crocodile hoodie any day.)

I would buy the living crap out of a crocodile hoodie!
12 days ago, 2:24 AM #106
goes fast
vaslittlecrow:
I would buy the living crap out of a crocodile hoodie!

Me too XD
12 days ago, 2:32 AM #107
I would also get a croco hoodie

Did it work?
12 days ago, 2:32 AM #108
More than happy to throw down a couple bucks if it'll help out
12 days ago, 2:40 AM #109
I made a post on my comic to support comicfury
Support

Did it work?
12 days ago, 2:40 AM #110
Joined the patreon >:)

Thank you for your service, and the wonderful website you've given us!!!
12 days ago, 2:44 AM #111
I can not help in this endevour, though I am willing to reply and admit that.

I hope the best on your endevours, hope others can help continue the survival of this site... and highly appreciate that this is free and accessible.

That you do best to avoid corporate takeover... cause odds are it'll end up with one those like NHN, that'll decieve, takeover and destroy that hard work.
12 days ago, 2:54 AM #112
Hey, when I have more stable income, I can make larger donations. It would be later this year, however.
12 days ago, 3:07 AM #113
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
Can you put ads on my comic?

I'd be down for that. Don't really know how to use patreon and whatever.
12 days ago, 3:09 AM #114
in the top percentile of cool kidz
Is there a way to dante $xx right now, rather than monthly?
12 days ago, 3:19 AM #115
🌺🌻🌷🌼🌹🐦🌲🌲
I raised my pledge a little, it's not much but I hope every small bit contributes to a big total. CF has been home to SF since 2013 and has been where I've met so many incredible people, so thank you Kyo always putting creators first in your decisions to shape how this host works. I hope we manage to raise enough funds per month ;v;*
12 days ago, 3:33 AM #116
loved birds way before they were the word
The Patreon has gained around $300 since you posted the announcement, netting around $530 $548 $553 total at the time of this posting. Amazing. Thank you for all that you do, Kyo.
12 days ago, 3:48 AM #117
Botanist
whats the big deal if you are forced to monetone the site? its already a bunch of greys.
12 days ago, 3:51 AM #118
Nyomi:

(Also, weirdly specific but if you think I wouldn't buy Comicfury merch, you're wrong. I'd wear a crocodile hoodie any day.)

Oh man that is a great idea!

I want to raise my minimum amount, but currently my partner and I are unemployed (living off our savings).

You're damn well certain I'm gonna raise it when we're more stable (we've budgeted for what we're at now). I'm also going to start advertising the CF Patreon on social media. I don't have a large following, but I hope it helps :3

I'm totally down for comic ads. Keenspot used to do that (still does...? I dunno what's going on over there these days). I think side bar ads and stuff like that for other comics is a great idea. And I've clicked on other comics from them, too, when I was interested. I don't see an issue with something unobtrusive like that.

(I would not support Google Ads. I am just waiting to reach the minimum cash out on my main domain so I can cancel them and switch to Comic Ad Network).
12 days ago, 3:53 AM #119
for those who can't afford patreon. will there be a Kofi that can just be a basic donation they can afford at the time?
12 days ago, 4:22 AM #120
Yeah, I'd like to do Kofi as well.

The phone is mightier than the assault rifle.
Forum > News & Announcements > comicfury needs your help
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11