Forum > Forum games > Mafia CI - Castaway Season 101
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13
"Mafia CI - Castaway Season 101", One week ago, 9:20 PM #1
Drum bum
Skybuilder flops on his couch with a sigh, (root) beer in his hand and remote in his other. It had been a long day - building the sky is hard work, mind you, and he’s ready for some R&R… especially since his favorite reality show begins airing it’s 101st season this week.

There’s a little bitter burn in the bottom of his heart as he realizes that he missed the applications by about three hours. He doesn’t know how he just missed them. There’s always next season, he supposes. He turns on the television and turns to the channel right as the commercials slide to an end.

He’s going to miss Geoff Pokest and Christopher Mcclimber, but these new hosts have him intrigued. A fifteen person season, though? That has him floored. Who thought that was a good idea? Are they still going to be split into tribes? He supposes, as he takes a sip of his root beer, that this should at least be an interesting season.

The static blares to life, and the screen are several long shots of the island that there are staying on. A narrator’s voice (maybe Trav’s) begins to do as a narrator does, and narrates, “Hufa-Kinkares. An island in the Bermuda Triangle filled with beautiful animals, a gorgeous ecosystem, and surrounded by tons of shipwrecks and airplanes. This season, fifteen new contestants are going to have to attempt to survive this mythical and terrifying location.”

“Hufa-kinkares?” Skybuilder repeats, leaning his head back. “Weird. Guess you start to run out of places after 101 seasons…”

“The boat approaches, thankfully with no shipwrecks to speak of. These fifteen players are going to have to outlast every other outcast in order to become the victorious castaway. This season, the twists will be explosive, the challenges brutal, and surviving more difficult than ever - but first, they will make it on to the island and settle in. Their location in view now, who knows what schemes these castaways are already dreaming up.”

The camera cuts away to the two hosts with the boat in the background. The wind is blowing, but somehow the mics don’t seem to be picking it up. There are clouds in the sky, but it’s more of a haze than threatening to rain. The water splashes behind them, Atlantic Ocean all encompassing except for the sole boat in the distance.

“I’m Trav,” The host on the left of the camera says.

...Sky pauses and leans in, frowning. Why the fuck is the host wearing a suit and tie on top and goddamn swim shorts on bottom?? Who okayed that???

“And I’m Nyomi ,” The girl next to him says.

...Why is Nyomi dressed for a ball? Isn’t she on a sandy, volatile island? Is this just for day one? He hopes this is just for day one.

“And welcome to Castaway Season 101: Hufa-kinkares.”

And an opening theme begins to play, flashing every contestant’s name and a few good shots of them either competing or surviving, along with some very aesthetic inserts. Sky gets up and stretches. The music is a bop. It’s always a bop. There’s a reason they haven’t changed the core of the theme song since the show began.

Finally, the title sequence draws to a close, and we go into… a commercial? Already? Fuck offffffff. Sky gets up and makes some instant mac ‘n cheese, before plopping back down right as the show returns.

As the show returns, all of the castaways begin to step on the beach, before lining up. Nyomi and Trav face their backs to the ocean as all fifteen castaways appear to be sizing them up. Sky notices a few staring at Trav’s beach trousers. This is well deserved.

“Welcome to Hufa-Kinkares, castaways! Hope you’re all doing well!” Nyomi says, grinning, “This will be your home for the next 39 days. Please, try not to get bit by any snakes.”

“Assuming you make it through the challenges, navigate the social game and scheme your way to victory, that is. Outlast every outcast,” Trav follows up with a shit-eating smirk.

There’s a moment as all fifteen contestants appear to survey the island. More inserts of animals. Mhm, yes, that’s an island.

“However, for at least one of you, that 39 days will be nothing more than a pipe dream. After all, surely you’ve noticed that there’s an odd number of you?” Nyomi says, putting her hand on her hips. “How are we going to separate you into tribes like that, hmm?”

And there’s a drop on the contestants' faces.

“That’s right, folks. Your first challenge is very simple - and rather, not a challenge at all. We will be having a unified tribal in twenty four hours. Your goal in the next twenty four hours? Survive the tribal. This is a social game, after all,” Trav smirks, “Better put that to work early.”

“Many of you said something akin to, ‘I’m not here to make friends, I’m here to win,’ on your apps. Well, you better rethink that if you would like to be one step closer to a million dollars. We’ll see you this time tomorrow, castaways.”

And Nyomi and Trav talk off, leaving all the contestants to stare each other down.

Sky shovels another mouthful of macaroni in his mouth. Not the most flashy start, but the potential to be VERY exciting. No one wants to be the first boot, even moreso for something completely out of their hands. Sky can’t wait to see how this goes down.

------

Here we are! Castaway Season 101 is live, and you've already got your first competition. What a strange one for a first comp, but hey, I don't make the rules. Or perhaps I do.

We got some general rules for this game to get out of the way first, though -

Rules:
Make sure to bold your votes, dear god, please.
When you use your Role Ability on another player, you will visit them. This will be important for some Role Abilities.
Odd numbered nights are Good Nights, Even numbered nights are Terrible Nights
Softclaiming is fine, posting Host PMs (or PMs of any kind) is not.
You may PM other players, just PM one of the hosts with whatever you said if you do.
Roleplaying is encouraged, but of course, not mandatory.
PM Sample_Text for role actions, and for any flavour related PMs, please PM Nyomi.

I'll also carry over what was in the original sign up thread for convenience:

With that out of the way, it's time for our first day phase! Get to discussing, and figure out who you want to vote off the island first. Me and Trav are going to be enjoying the chaos from our hammocks sipping some really amazing alcohol. Sucks y'all can't have any, because this is top tier shit.

-2. Nyomi, Host
-1. Trav, Hostier Host
0. The camera man who I mugged in an alleyway bc I needed a burrito. (sorry Grant. (Not really (oh shit is the mic still on?)))
1. Nama
2. Turquoise
3. The Alolan PokèNerd(Aka, APN, Aka Cress)
4. Bewareweegee
5. LMS.
order 66. Dickbutt (Zero Hour)
7. Archer Xanthorg
8. Matt C. & Foolbeak the Chicken
9. Jeremy7
10. Dr Dave Kitapi phD
11. Text
12. Nightsky
13. inky
14. Shuffle & Pixie the Ferret
15. Bizfurd

E: if i ever accidentally call castaway "survivor" instead, no i didn't <3
Currently face down in a spilled, melted puddle of a 711 cherry slushie in a Denny's Parking Lot with the ruined remains of my Danny Phantom fanfiction just out of my grasp. I think I hear the whispers of the ghost boy laughing at me in the distance, but that may be the delirium.
One week ago, 9:40 PM #2
What a sucker
Wazzup! I am not here to make tacos, I'm here because I got lost on my way to the Waffle House
One week ago, 9:41 PM #3
Your breath smell delicious today.
One week ago, 9:44 PM #4
What a sucker
You're too close, man, I have a contagious case of the Mondays.
One week ago, 9:45 PM #5
Now that I'm here, I'm obviously going to try and make friends with the snakes. What's this about a competition?
One week ago, 9:45 PM #6
sorry i will back up by a few km then
One week ago, 9:48 PM #7
Cress immediatly flops down into the sand, rolls around in it, and mutters something that sounds like, "Don't mind me, I'm just the weird legendary moon-bat dog who likes beaches and nature and arts...MMMMM SANDY-"
One week ago, 9:49 PM #8
<gently touches your neck with an eyeball>

also, that's not my eyeball
One week ago, 9:50 PM #9
What a sucker
I have determined to vote Zero Hour out because that was disgusting
One week ago, 9:50 PM #10
well that didn't took long
One week ago, 9:50 PM #11
🐩 Poodle Lover 🐩
What’s popping, fellow castaways? Isn’t it great that we’re literally ON TV? This is ‘our’ big chance at fame!
One week ago, 9:51 PM #12
Cress lifts her face up from the sand, some of it still clinging to her facial fur. "Ya know what, sure, why not, because I'm bored. I VOTE ZERO HOUR OFF TOOOOO-"
One week ago, 9:51 PM #13
*Archer Xanthorg desperately looks for his blue eye.*

"Zero Hour, you'll pay for this!"
One week ago, 9:51 PM #14
What a sucker
Bizfurd:What’s popping, fellow castaways? Isn’t it great that we’re literally ON TV? This is ‘our’ big chance at fame!

The fame achieved via reality tv is hollow and prone to leading the famous to career-ending breakdowns
One week ago, 9:52 PM #15
One week ago, 9:53 PM #16
Bizfurd:Isn’t it great that we’re literally ON TV?

We're not literally on any television - the only one I see that even vaguely resembles one is my little stuffed toy.

Bizfurd
One week ago, 9:56 PM #17
never mind, lol
One week ago, 9:57 PM #18
Sample_Text:Make sure you bold your votes, or else they won't count

I edited mine just now ^^'
One week ago, 9:57 PM #19
Bizfurd
One week ago, 9:59 PM #20
🐩 Poodle Lover 🐩
I suppose I should defend myself?

Flavor:He turns on the television and turns to the channel