Forum > Forum games > Original Character Tournament
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 112
"Original Character Tournament", 20th Jan 2021, 8:00 AM #1
⚡??? ????❄

Welcome one and all to the first round of the 2021 Comicfury Original Character Tournament!
Opponents have been assigned, turn order decided, and arenas chosen. The time has come to show what you're made of!

Round one will come to an end on February 20th 2021.

Move tracking:

For convenience, here are the rules, as written in the signup thread.

The tournament lore will be updated as the competition progresses and more is learned about the sinister presence of Raavoy Synthetics LLC.

Events so far:

Layout of the combatant holding area:

Facilitator K-C(453):

The Tournament Comic is live, and will be updating daily with character introductions.

Collected non-combat posts.

And with that, round one is open.
Let the tournament begin!
20th Jan 2021, 8:59 AM #2
Sound off!

I also have a stupid question- are we to assume that our characters are bloodlusted, or otherwise sufficiently prepared to engage in single combat for their survival?

Would it be inappropriate to make an opening move with a more diplomatic motivation driving it? Or would that be ill-spirited to the nature of the game, and unsportsmanlike conduct?
20th Jan 2021, 9:03 AM #3
⚡??? ????❄
Approach the situation in whatever way would come most naturally to your character under the circumstances (bloodlust is fine, and so is diplomacy).
You'll be receiving a message shortly containing more information about your arena :)
20th Jan 2021, 9:27 AM #4
Sound OFF!

Okay, I just received my round info. I'm working on my first move now. It'll be presented in the form of a comic.
20th Jan 2021, 10:09 AM #5
By maximum of 10 moves does that mean I can do 10 different things like for example attack 4 times defend 6 times?
20th Jan 2021, 10:13 AM #6
⚡??? ????❄
It means that you will get ten turns (max...you can do fewer if you wish). You can do whatever you like during your turns, and the turns can be as long or short as you like.
20th Jan 2021, 10:19 AM #7
Awesome!!!

Unfortunately I started a new job and didn't get the time to finish my intro comic, but I will just have to compensate by making the BEST entry

Good luck, everyone!
20th Jan 2021, 10:23 AM #8
SOUND OFF!
I'll begin work on my opening move in the morning.
20th Jan 2021, 10:26 AM #9
I’ll do my best but just a heads up, I tend to be sleep deprived so there may be days where I upload really late at like 12-5 AM because I was sleeping all day lmao.
20th Jan 2021, 10:47 AM #10
LETSFUKCINGGO

20th Jan 2021, 11:25 AM #11
SOUND OFF!
I will get to drawing soon
20th Jan 2021, 11:27 AM #12
⚡??? ????❄
PMs are all sent, and it's not even 3:30 am yet! Yay!
I'll attend to further matters tomorrow.

@Zarzaliel: Starting off strong with a grab! And we finally get some indication as to the nature of the mysterious stranger :D
Excellent! Excellent! I can't wait to see where this goes!
20th Jan 2021, 12:00 PM #13
Sound off! LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLEEEE
20th Jan 2021, 12:14 PM #14
EDIT: I'm making this main reference post for all of interactions and oddities outside of battles.

*Out of order chronologically (I may have missed a few before so check to make sure) @Vivocateur

20th Jan 2021, 12:17 PM #15
Just a practice drawing before I start working on the actual entry!
20th Jan 2021, 12:35 PM #16
Hope I'm doing this right
Spoiled because it's 7 pages
20th Jan 2021, 12:41 PM #17
Cookie Waffle:Just a practice drawing before I start working on the actual entry!

20th Jan 2021, 12:46 PM #18
Sound off!

I have a bit of class work to do today (which is why I was asleep until a little bit ago. I’m sadly a morning bird that needs sleep to function) but I’m so excited! I’ll get started very soon!
20th Jan 2021, 12:57 PM #19
Drum bum
YES YES YES IM AGAINST FISTING CHAMP THIS IS SO GOOOOOOOD ZAR THATS A HELL OF A FIRST COMIC TO LEAD US OFF!!!!

really gonna force me to learn how to do hands better huh
Currently face down in a spilled, melted puddle of a 711 cherry slushie in a Denny's Parking Lot with the ruined remains of my Danny Phantom fanfiction just out of my grasp. I think I hear the whispers of the ghost boy laughing at me in the distance, but that may be the delirium.
20th Jan 2021, 12:59 PM #20
formerly Confettirainbowpony
AYO! ( ̄v ̄)ゞ

And ready to goooooo!!!
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧