Forum > News & Announcements > Planned Downtime 2/23/2021 (and on the 27th apparently)
Pages: 1 2 3
"Planned Downtime 2/23/2021", 8 days ago, 8:43 PM #1
Kyo
🐊
Hey everyone,

I've been informed by dreamhost that there's a planned downtime on the 23rd, because the operating system of the server is going to be upgraded. Here is the exact details:

Date of upgrade: 2/23/2021
Maintenance Window: 9am - 5pm EST
Expected Downtime: 2 - 3 hours

Note that this isn't related to the upcoming planned server move, this is just a bit of unfortunate timing. I would prefer to just not update the current server and incur unnecessary downtime, since we're planning to move away from dreamhost soon anyway, but it doesn't seem like we're given a choice in the matter here. So this is just a heads up for you, so you aren't surprised if the site's down for a few hours!

e:

There's going to be another downtime tomorrow (as of this edit), on the 27th to re-try this update, which failed the first time. I've previously mentioned this before but I figured it makes sense to put this in the OP as well. And yes, the site has been unusably slow since dreamhost botched the update that was supposed to happen on the 23rd but didn't. I've been in contact with dreamhost and they've been very unhelpful about the situation, I don't think it will be resolved before this update.

I've been posting updates about the situation in this thread. Note that the first few posts in that thread are old and not relevant to the current situation, the thread is an older thread that was revived
8 days ago, 8:46 PM #2
Thanks for the heads up.

Is there any news on the planned server move? Do you have a rough idea when you expect it to take place?
8 days ago, 8:47 PM #3
Kyo
🐊
I'm aiming for about a month from now, if everything goes according to plan.
8 days ago, 8:47 PM #4
What a sucker
2020 isn't over yet...
8 days ago, 8:49 PM #5
Kyo
🐊
fixed, good spot. although I blame dreamhost (as usual) because I just copypasted what they sent me
8 days ago, 8:50 PM #6
Wow. Thanks for the heads up Kyo!

That's a big time window. Urgh.
8 days ago, 9:01 PM #7
Alrighty! Thanks for letting us know, Kyo.

Ugh, fuckin' servers....
8 days ago, 9:25 PM #8
Good to know.
One week ago, 3:28 PM #9
Ah. I'll have to remember that Tuesday morning so I won't get mad at my computer when it refuses to load Comic Fury like some websites.
One week ago, 3:57 PM #10
I have a dentist appointment that day, so I guess it works out.
One week ago, 4:30 PM #11
Thanks for that heads up Kyo, and thankfully I'm gonna be a bit busy on that day anyway :3
6 days ago, 10:27 PM #12
idk what i'm going to do with myself tomorrow
6 days ago, 10:38 PM #13
What a sucker
can i offer you a nice egg in this trying time
6 days ago, 10:43 PM #14
gosh, man, i'd just love a nice egg.
6 days ago, 11:13 PM #15
Oh gosh, it's tomorrow huh. Welp, better get some popcorn to watch ComicFury be unavailable for a few hours
6 days ago, 11:17 PM #16
Oh shoot
5 days ago, 5:19 PM #17
Did it happen yet? I didn't realize it was to happen today. Thought it'd be Thursday xD
5 days ago, 5:48 PM #18
Kyo
🐊
no, it hasn't happened yet
5 days ago, 10:07 PM #19
Kyo
🐊
well the time window they gave me has now passed, so who knows what's gonna happen now. Are they still going to do the update?? will there be downtime???? who knows!! every day is a new exciting adventure!

I've sent them an email about it asking for clarification, but I'm also going to have to sleep at some point, so uh, cool (using the banner so this post doesn't get merged)
5 days ago, 10:09 PM #20
What a sucker
What if they had the year right?