Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > A New Realm of Scrutiny(Illustrated OC Question Thread)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
"A New Realm of Scrutiny(Illustrated OC Question Thread)", 31st Mar 2021, 11:50 AM #1
It is Wednesday, my dudes. That means new thread time. The comic will also be going live soon!

THIS WEEK'S QUESTION:
Question: What's one thing that makes your world unique? -Bizfurd

This week’s location: a lightning field

INTRO COMIC(week 1’s comic)

WHAT IS THIS?
It's simply your typical "What is your OC's favorite color?" or whatever thread, but, ya know, you get to doodle their responses and have a chance for your characters to interact and respond to others (Like RP???) but that is totally optional. IF anyone thinks this sounds like fun, slap your OC's (as many as you want) down!
Note: The room refreshes with a new question every Wednesday, leaving the previous week's events in the... previous week, so don't worry about having to study up on the backlogs.

SUBMITTING A QUESTION
If you'd like to submit a question to be asked to the OC's here, just shoot a PM to Espeon Person(me), Tom Street, or Lord Myk. You can also recommend a location for them to go to. You can also send just a location or just a question if you can’t think of one or the other. If you wish to remain anonymous for your question or to go under another name (Like "Pickle-McShmeeglehort"), you can specify that. Otherwise, your username will be the default!

HOW IT WORKS
This thread slightly differs from the original, ‘the Room of Scrutiny’, because instead of just a question for you to answer the hosts will take everyone to a new location.

RULES
> Please don't stray far from the week's topic. A little RP, a few remarks, banter, sure! A side-quest or epic tournament that completely changes the setting and makes it difficult for new guests to come in and answer? Better not.

> Respect other people's characters. This means not taking full control of them as if they were your own character. Giving them a chance to react when they're acted upon would be ideal, if you can. It can be a tough call as it can make some situations difficult to draw out, or the artist is just AWOL for a long period, so use your best judgement, do it sparingly if you need to, and read the room.

>Try to keep it PG but in the end keep it under R. Basically, just keep things SFW. Art that's a little racy is fine, but we'd rather not have to flag the comic with the S or N tags. This thread is also meant for everyone who wants to join, so we don’t want anyone getting uncomfortable.

>Try to avoid referencing previous weeks, but you can still hint back at them. Basically try to make sure you don't need to see every previous week to understand what's happening.

>You can ask repeat questions from the other thread, as long as they’ve been asked at least a few months before(so most of them). It would probably also be best if you chose a repeat question that didn’t have many answers, if you do that.

>Have fun!

There is also a comic form of this thread:

Previous Week's Questions:

The format for this post was heavily based off of Nianook’s, from the original Room of Scrutiny.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them!

If you have a reference sheet of your character and/or they have a comic, send those to Tom Street through a PM. It’s okay if you don’t want to, but we’re making little profiles of characters who participated in this event and we’ll probably just take a screenshot of them otherwise.
31st Mar 2021, 11:51 AM #2
i welcome you all to the New Realm of Scrutiny
31st Mar 2021, 11:52 AM #3
31st Mar 2021, 12:05 PM #4
I would just like to say if you have reference sheets for your characters, you can pm me With the ref and I'll put it up on this page I also need to know what comic there are from and the reason you have to pm me is I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who knows how the code works
31st Mar 2021, 1:01 PM #5
Let’s GOOOOOOOO :D

31st Mar 2021, 2:45 PM #6
Two weeks ago, 8:51 AM #7
Two weeks ago, 2:51 PM #8
In case anyone was wondering just why Taylor has only one full arm, you can just read the first three pages of my comic and you'll be caught up on that.

Two weeks ago, 11:23 PM #9
Two weeks ago, 11:25 PM #10
sksdkskfdj kkkkkkkk I got really bored at work waiting for files to transfer so I could organize them. Don't tell no one I doodled.

probs won't make all of the Qs but I thought it'd be fun to have the option to answer with any of these 4 characters. :)

13 days ago, 12:05 AM #11
Just wanted to correct on my last panel it was meant to say “on separate beds” not “one separate beds” like I did. Plus, I forgot to paint the sky blue in one of the panels. Jeez.

On a different note, I was wondering something. If this is too much work then feel free to ignore it, but I thought it might be a good idea to give a simple background template for people to use since there are locations now. I just figure there might be some people who don’t want to use the “white backdrops” but do want to show they’re in the location of the week without putting too much effort into it. Especially for those drawing digitally (which isn’t me, but yeah.)

But yeah, if not that’s fine. Just a thought that popped into my head.
13 days ago, 12:40 AM #12
jmluvsbob:On a different note, I was wondering something. If this is too much work then feel free to ignore it, but I thought it might be a good idea to give a simple background template for people to use since there are locations now. I just figure there might be some people who don’t want to use the “white backdrops” but do want to show they’re in the location of the week without putting too much effort into it. Especially for those drawing digitally (which isn’t me, but yeah.)

But yeah, if not that’s fine. Just a thought that popped into my head.

we can try you can use this
its not hard for me to just remove the foreground and midground to just be the background
13 days ago, 12:49 AM #13
Cool. Hopefully some people will find that useful.
13 days ago, 12:52 AM #14
some one did lol
13 days ago, 1:10 AM #15
Yay! I had a good beneficial idea!
13 days ago, 3:26 AM #16
formerly Podgor

Co-Host of The New Realm of Scrutiny
12 days ago, 12:42 AM #17

These guys aren't a part of Cafe on Crepe Island... So who are they?
12 days ago, 3:44 AM #18
If Xata and Xale are in the scene, the background is just black. And I wanted to have fun with the background...
12 days ago, 4:36 AM #19
They never got into the old room because I didn't have the facility to draw them this quickly.
The culture shock may be interesting.
12 days ago, 6:07 AM #20
DAMMIT BOBBY