Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > IDEA: Supervillain Exchange
Pages: 1 2
"IDEA: Supervillain Exchange", 9 days ago, 1:41 PM #1
What a sucker
I've been talking with Skybuilder, and he's interested in a Supervillain Exchange. No clue what that entails specifically but that sounds like fun. And I've been thinking, what if there WAS a Supervillain Exchange this year? I'd run it, with help from Sky, and the time set would look a little like this:
-Signups go from June 23 to June 30
-Work Period from July 1 to August 4
-Exchange goes live August 7
-Whoever runs the Halloween exchange gets to do their magic in September

I'd like your honest opinions. Do you WANT a Supervillain Exchange? And do you think now is a reasonable time for a Supervillain Exchange, or should we wait until after next year's Valentines Exchange?

This is not a Signup thread. I'd like it not to be a signup thread.
9 days ago, 2:00 PM #2
A supervillain exchange (whatever that is) sounds like an awesome idea. It seems to have much potential and endless possibilities.

Whenever you decide to do a signup, I'd definitely be interested.
9 days ago, 2:50 PM #3
What a sucker
Thanks for the support!

We're still working out the basics of the exchange. I'll be doing the technical work, while Sky handles most of the promo art.

Nothing's final at this point, but I'm thinking that the idea will be, two secret villains shuffle the villains of the multiverse to shake up the status quo in favor of evil's behalf. As such, you'll be assigned a world to pick villains from, and bring those villains over into your world to show your characters interacting with the guest villain(s).
9 days ago, 2:58 PM #4
Jeremy7:Thanks for the support!

We're still working out the basics of the exchange. I'll be doing the technical work, while Sky handles most of the promo art.

Nothing's final at this point, but I'm thinking that the idea will be, two secret villains shuffle the villains of the multiverse to shake up the status quo in favor of evil's behalf. As such, you'll be assigned a world to pick villains from, and bring those villains over into your world to show the other characters interacting with the guest villain(s).

Sounds pretty epic. I like it!
9 days ago, 6:13 PM #5
formerly Podgor
I'd do it, it sounds interesting.

imageimage
Co-Host of The New Realm of Scrutiny
Co...Game Master... Thing of Land96
9 days ago, 6:14 PM #6
What a sucker
Okay, cool!
8 days ago, 11:45 AM #7
Wow, I was not expecting this idea to potentially come to fruition, thank you for helping me with this idea Jeremy.

8 days ago, 1:05 PM #8
I can't participate this year most likely. However, it looks like it would be cool to watch, and if I ever get around to making another comic where I feel comfortable doing crossovers/exchanges/etc with it, and it involves a supervillain, I think it'd be a lot of fun.
8 days ago, 7:28 PM #9
πŸ‹οΈβ€πŸŽ¨π•½π–Šπ–“π–†π–Žπ–˜π–˜π–†π–“π–ˆπ–Š 𝕸𝖆𝖓 πŸ’…πŸ‚
it IS a fun idea!

the specifics are up to you two, but I think we should do our best to avoid character derailment. because villains are tricky beings and can easily sound like strangers when written by someone else. for example, it would be disappointing to see an ancient sorcerer talk like a generic henchman. I guess it boils down to careful research.

mayhaps we could sign up with introduction cards for the villains, a la valentines exchange?

or maybe I'm overthinking it and everyone will produce great stuff as usual
8 days ago, 7:30 PM #10
What a sucker
...I like your thinking! Case files. I'll need to get my cohost to see the idea.
8 days ago, 8:27 PM #11
sounds ebin
8 days ago, 9:11 PM #12
Venture Capitalist
I’m sure this will be enjoyable.
8 days ago, 9:13 PM #13
This could be a lot of fun. Color me intrigued.

One week ago, 11:43 AM #14
the only safe place is the top shelf
Let's do this!
One week ago, 11:48 AM #15
I don’t have a traditional villain, but I’d also be willing to try something like this. Sounds fun!

Hey, you want some free art of a character or something? Just hit me up on my PMs!
One week ago, 11:56 AM #16
Venture Capitalist
I am sure expectations for participating characters will be appropriately set.
One week ago, 12:04 PM #17
What a sucker
Hey, Supervillain is Skybuilder's word choice. As for if you don't have a Dick Dastardly or Joker or Blofeld...

I encourage a little creativity.
One week ago, 12:19 PM #18
antagonist could work as the name for the exchange.

One week ago, 12:31 PM #19
^ Or Somewhat More Unpleasant Person Than Everyone Else Exchange

Hey, you want some free art of a character or something? Just hit me up on my PMs!
One week ago, 12:44 PM #20
^ This is perfect.

Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > IDEA: Supervillain Exchange
Pages: 1 2