Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > The 2021 Villains Exchange
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
"The 2021 Villains Exchange", 23rd Jun 2021, 4:08 AM #1
What a sucker
"There has always been a balance between good and evil. Where I go, that balance is DESTROYED!"
-Lord Garmadon

Most exchanges focus on the characters we consider "heroes". Characters with stronger moral backbones than chocolate eclairs. Characters that can often be found doing the right thing. Characters who are the star of the story.

This is not one of those exchanges.

This exchange, bring forth your foulest fiends, your evilest enemies, your darkest demons. This time, we're focusing on the Villains.

The Villains Exchange is a one-off Summer Exchange devised by Skybuilder and Executed by me, where the villains of the multiverse shuffle throughout the multiverse to team up against the forces of good, switch up against their nemeses, or just hang out together. Really, it's up to you. So summon your Lex Luthors, your Jason Voorheeses, your Hans Grubers, and your assorted other cad-bully-thief types, and unleash the wickedness upon the multiverse!

Now, there are some rules.
1. It's a CROSSOVER EXCHANGE. At least one character from your comic, at least one from theirs. Cameos appreciated, but the focus is your assignment.
2. RESPECT YOUR ASSIGNMENT. Don't be a jerk - you are NOT the villain today.
3. The Exchange is SFW. You can submit an NSFW comic, but let me know of the tags of the comic.
4. If requested, I can keep you from getting previous assignments, or assignments with tags you'd rather not work with.
5. This works like a Secret Santa. (Secret... Satan?) Keep your assignment a secret between us.
6. Signups will close at MIDNIGHT, June 30st. I'll be keeping track of the days until then. No late entries. Signups go out on the 1st of July.
7. Entries are due MIDGNIGHT, AUGUST 4th. I'll give you some time to work on late entries but you gotta provide proof before the fourth of August that you've been working.
8. I never thought I'd be saying this, but ONE comic per entrant. However, if you've got a comic already in the game, you can be a backup artist. Or, if you're pressed for time, you may be a backup artist. Those who don't have a comic in the exchange get priority when it comes to assigning backup artists.

NOW. How does one sign up?
1. List your comic. (LECTRO!)
2. List your tags. (Yellow V, Yellow L)
3. List tags you'd rather not work with (N, Red S) (OPTIONAL)
4. List previous assignments, if you don't want to risk getting a previous assignment (Pegasus Project, Tsokaka, The Adventures of Sir Power, Fantomah Rising, and Angels of the Fallen) (OPTIONAL)
5. Some villains, if you're so inclined. Mainly if your villains haven't made names for themselves on your pages. (OPTIONAL)

Send your completed crossover artworks to me, Jeremy7. Skybuilder, anything to add?
23rd Jun 2021, 4:15 AM #2
formerly Podgor
I've signed up? I think? I sent my info, do I put it here, too?

EDIT:

I've signed up? I think? I sent my info, do I put it here, too?

EDIT: 1. Zorgnox's Depository of Earth Sundries
2. Yellow VSL
3. Any tags are fine
4. Any comics are fine
5. I'd prefer to use Una for this

(Una's powers are telekinesis and pyrokinesis, as well as those claws)

While I'd prefer to use her, there are other villains and pseudo-villains in the comic.

imageimage
Co-Host of The New Realm of Scrutiny
Co...Game Master... Thing of Land96
23rd Jun 2021, 4:17 AM #3
What a sucker
Submissions run like normal, by entries I mean the completed artworks.
23rd Jun 2021, 4:19 AM #4
OK, I'll go with The Adventures of Sir Power, it has red v flag and yellow n, s and l flags.

I'll go with Chaos.

Has superhuman toughness, strength, dexterity, speed and stamina.

Immense superhuman intelligence, will and charisma.

Knows 6 spells:
explosion
telekinesis
fireball
freeze
mins control
heal

His weapon has the small tip coated in poison, the weapon can rotate and be shot

He doesn't sleep
23rd Jun 2021, 4:20 AM #5
Nice lego reference jeremy thank you for your help with making my villain exchange idea.

also since I'm making the cover for the exchange can you please pm me with your villains on a transparent png background.

1. Shards of the clock.

2. Yellow V.

3. Any red nudity tags.

I'll go with rolan he's 32, height 4'12, weight 32 kg

He has above-average intelligence, has a highish will, and wields a revolver and cutlass

23rd Jun 2021, 4:39 AM #6
I'd like to volunteer Ward from Angel Down, as he's the only real villain. My comic has Red V and Yellow L, I'd rather not work on comics with red N or S
23rd Jun 2021, 1:40 PM #7
get ready for a Heap of info on this character, the comic he's from is still being planned(working title: Breaking the System) so yeah

Comic: Breaking the System(working title)
Tags: red L and red V
Tags: I'd prefer not working with, red S and red N
Previous assignments: Tsokaka

Heath Bradbury, Government Agent for Cascadia known for Catching Master Criminals

He's currently after a Escaped Genetics experiment named Komi, currently working on that in the Portland Metro area

He's an Egoist, Narcissist and Xenophobic towards anything that isn't human
he also really loves looking at himself in the mirror
He also carries a revolver on him
23rd Jun 2021, 1:57 PM #8
I'm going to be throwing Umella in from Minimal.

Here's a good cheat sheet for her as well if whoever gets mine is doing a more in-depth crossover:

Umella is basically a spoiled rich kid brat who is basically a foodie. She is equally into fine cuisine as she is with normal dishes. Whatever is tasty to her, basically, but she can be picky. She normally has slaves servants that do what she asks of. Not many people like her. She gets annoyed really easily and if pushed a bit too far she will inflict physical harm on people. She has eaten people's limbs to spite them before.

If you would like to see her in action, she comes in around the middle of Chapter 5 of Minimal.

Minimal has Yellow V and N and Red S and L.

I've worked with Stigma Chronicle before.
23rd Jun 2021, 3:50 PM #9
🥔 Potato Parttaker 🥔
I saw villain. I'm interested.

I throw Now Hiring into the ring, has yellow V, L and S tags. Mob story, though my antagonists haven't had a lot of air time this early on.

I have no problem with any flags. I'll update this post with references after I'm home.

This is the first exchange Now Hiring has been in.

EDIT:
Now with references:

Aisel and Simeon are a pair, they work together. Aisel is a mob boss and Simeon is her right hand man, they're both ruthless and violence is always an option. Aisel makes the plans and Simeon makes sure they happen. Neither one of them is afraid of getting their hands dirty.
23rd Jun 2021, 4:52 PM #10
the only safe place is the top shelf
Okay then... I'm throwing Cryptida into the ring...

It has yellow V, S, N and L tags, and I am OK with receiving all tags.
(Recent) past exchanges I did with Cryptida:
The Wide Ocean
The Adventures of Sir Power
Ashface's Daughter
Theatre of the Bloody Tongue
Pegasus Project
Kaza's Mate Gwenna
Pine Hill Creature Feature

Cryptida has a number of villains to choose from:, e.g. Dr. Ytterbium, Dr. Strontium, Captain Camilla, Dexter & Sinistra...
You can pick either those, or any other villain in my comic that strikes your fancy.
23rd Jun 2021, 6:22 PM #11
I'll throw Crane the Magical Girl Hunter into the ring. He's a very incompetent warrior who hunts magical girls for a living (and usually fails).

Comic: Black Lotus

Tags: Red V, Red L, Yellow N, Yellow S

Any tags are fine
23rd Jun 2021, 6:38 PM #12
I just wanna say uber cool idea, can we do it next year too? ;A;

(None of my villains have enough screen time to apply haha)
24th Jun 2021, 12:34 AM #13
Okay, I'm in. Put me down for Tangentville. In that comic, "super hero" and "super villain" are like orientations. Suffice to say, there's a TON of villains to choose from.

If anyone needs a little help narrowing down that huge list, I suggest either Cold Front (since she's a fascinating character) or Buck Prime (who is irredeemably wicked). My pages are all tagged, so you can use the search function to find specific characters ^_~

EDIT: Tangentville has yellow N, S, & L tags. In case that's an issue...

24th Jun 2021, 12:52 AM #14
Well, Cosmos has no real villains of note, so just this once I'm gonna throw my B-side comic into the ring:

The Fight Squad!

And while there are any number of doofy villains running around the FS universe (throw some cameos in there, I dare you), I choose to inflict upon some poor fool the doofiest of them all - this guy!

He's basically Invader Zim and Plankton from SpongeBob Squarepants all rolled into one, complete with sure-to-fail inventions! Although he's bigger than your average centipede, he's still not.... very large. Or very intmidating. Good luck with that one!

The Fight Squad is a bit more growed-up than Cosmos, but I'd still like to stay on the lower end of things in terms of flags and content ratings. And since I'm using a different comic this time, it doesn't really matter if I end up with a comic I've had before; so let's go for it!
24th Jun 2021, 1:00 AM #15
What a sucker
Signing up a specific villain is NOT MANDATORY. The creator assigned to your comic is able to use any villain you have in your comic - mentioning specific enemies is for the ease of finding villains.
24th Jun 2021, 1:12 AM #16
Keeps with the times
I'm always up for an exchnage with Kaza's Mate Gwenna. As for possible villians to use.
There's Nerlana the Serpent Sorceress
the poacher Mitchell
the alien Ro-Man
terrorist mastermind The Skull
mad scientist Professor Morag
One of the Skull's colleages (who's face is never shown)
The Omnitron Robots
The Vampire Van Horn

I'd say that's plenty of options.
24th Jun 2021, 1:15 AM #17
What a sucker
A list of villains currently featured in LECTRO, for example:

Merged Doublepost:

Kokoneos:I just wanna say uber cool idea, can we do it next year too? ;A;

(None of my villains have enough screen time to apply haha)

If we do this next year, I will not be spearheading it. But I'll let anyone who wants to have a particularly menacing Spring or Summer Exchange step up and take charge - Skybuilder might be opposed to that but I doubt he will be.
24th Jun 2021, 1:21 AM #18
🥔 Potato Parttaker 🥔
I would consider taking the mantle next year, but that's a discussion for next year. I haven't organized an exchange in a while. :) and now I have a comic for them that's active.
24th Jun 2021, 1:23 AM #19
At some point in the future I think it’s be cool to host something like this. I haven’t done anything like it, but I would definitely love to try it out.
24th Jun 2021, 12:37 PM #20
What a sucker
Signups end in SEVEN DAYS