Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > Draw Your Characters Doing Stuff - Turbo Ultra!!!
Pages: 1 2 3
"Draw Your Characters Doing Stuff - Turbo Ultra!!!", 9 days ago, 12:51 PM #1
Hey people, welcome to another edition of Draw Your Characters Doing Stuff! This was inspired by the thread by Alicia, the continuation by Spelledeg, the revival by Alicia again, any number of named continuations after that, and finally the previous thread by JayyLyn.

Most of the format is unapologetically stolen borrowed from JayyLyn's thread (HUGE shoutout to her, by the way), though there's one major difference this time. This time, the thread is hosted by two people: myself and Nyomi!

Every week there will be a new prompt and new theme for you to draw your characters doing. The prompt is more specific, while the theme is more broad.

PROMPTS will be posted THURSDAY by jmluvsbob (otherwise known as myself).

THEMES will be posted SUNDAY by Nyomi

This is supposed to be a nice, fun, and relaxing thread, so don't put too much pressure on yourself. You're free to do any of the prompts and themes that come up whenever you feel it, you are not limited to only doing the specific ones for the week. There will be two lists below for all the prompts and themes that have been listed so far. Also, be as detailed or as sketchy as you want to be with your pieces. Like I said, no pressure.

Also, for a good while, some of these prompts and themes will be coming from the mind of JayyLyn herself, who was gracious to give us the rest of hers before we made this thread. We'll let you know if a prompt or theme was from her, specifically.

There are only a couple of rules:

1. The drawing must be a new one made for the prompt or theme. No pre-existing artworks. This is to encourage creativity and drawing.

2. Try to keep it as SFW as you can. I'd say PG-13 at most. If you're ever unsure about the SFW-ness of your specific piece, just spoiler it and say what you spoilered it for, though I don't believe this will need to happen very often.

You ready? Then, let's get creative.

PROMPT #1: Draw Your Characters Introducing Themselves!

Since this is a new thread, why not start off with something simple? Draw your characters introducing themselves. To who, exactly? The thread, the other characters, an ambiguous third-party, or whatever. Make the introduction as simple or as complicated as you feel like.

I have done one with Taylor and Beatrice already as an example:

PROMPTS SO FAR:

THEMES SO FAR:
9 days ago, 2:07 PM #2
9 days ago, 2:15 PM #3
@Zero Hour

Is it strange that I knew you’d pick Harold and have him say that exact phrase? He sure does like his jam.
9 days ago, 2:28 PM #4
He also makes a damn fine jam
9 days ago, 3:31 PM #5
Here's Nefertari from Black Lotus introducing herself to the world.

9 days ago, 3:47 PM #6
^ Oooo! I really like Nefertari's newer design. She looks really nice here. Is she wearing some sort of necklace or something? Whatever it is, it looks cool. And Princess of the Seven Realms, huh? The worldbuilding you've been doing recently for Black Lotus has been awesome.

Anyways, if you would pass this along to her. *Hands bag of natural cat food*
9 days ago, 4:07 PM #7
Hello, it’s a-me-a :3 Monkee and Tea Boi decide to join this UvU I think for the most part I’m going to stick with them, as I haven’t really drawn them that much, and it’ll be good practice for drawing other humanoids

9 days ago, 4:20 PM #8
Drum bum

oh shit does comicfury resize things? [takes notes] anyways I think the important shit is still legible. hopefully i figure out a better font next time sweats
Currently face down in a spilled, melted puddle of a 711 cherry slushie in a Denny's Parking Lot with the ruined remains of my Danny Phantom fanfiction just out of my grasp. I think I hear the whispers of the ghost boy laughing at me in the distance, but that may be the delirium.
9 days ago, 5:07 PM #9
Oh no indecipherable text!
9 days ago, 5:22 PM #10
@The Alolan PokeNerd

Aww! I love the designs of both of these characters. Timber is such a great name and they have such a unique design to them. Monkey, monkey.

And I'm all here for Thai. Such an adorable little teapot creature. The colors on Thai make me feel happy inside.

@Nyomi

Cool to see your characters finally. Really excited for Estellia when that finally gets going. I think I'm going to really love Michael and Camilla. Michael is just so adorable, and apparently is a theatre kid. Seeing as Taylor was also a theater kid, they would either get along great or hate each others guts! Can't wait to see more.

@Dragon Cat

I don't know what they're saying, but I love their design. Really nice glass eye-looking effect with the red eye there, and love the highlights on the nails and the bands of blue around the arm. I don't know whether to find the character creepy, adorable, or both. I'd say both.
9 days ago, 5:34 PM #11
formerly Confettirainbowpony
This is awesome!! So glad to see this thread starting up!! Thanks for carrying on the legacy, guys! <3

*Stan Lee voice*
EXCELSIOR!!!(✧∀✧)/
9 days ago, 5:56 PM #12
^ No problem! Happy to do so. I like seeing what people will make with their characters, plus it’s really fun to comment about said pictures.
9 days ago, 6:06 PM #13
Drum bum
Yes!!! This kind of thread is so fun and I'm so excited to see what everyone does!! <3 I also feel like even for me it's a good way to keep the creativity juices flowing so I don't lose stream- it forces me to crank out something on time every week, even if it's a simple black/white image! :^) hoping to carry the momentum over to my comic hehe
Currently face down in a spilled, melted puddle of a 711 cherry slushie in a Denny's Parking Lot with the ruined remains of my Danny Phantom fanfiction just out of my grasp. I think I hear the whispers of the ghost boy laughing at me in the distance, but that may be the delirium.
9 days ago, 6:40 PM #14
9 days ago, 6:42 PM #15
^ Oh yeah! Pigeon has entered the fray over here. Nice to see you and your characters over here too. Pigeon is always a pleasure to see.
9 days ago, 6:51 PM #16
Thanks. This is going to be fun; I need practice drawing Pigeon.
9 days ago, 7:10 PM #17
jmluvsbob:@The Alolan PokeNerd

Aww! I love the designs of both of these characters. Timber is such a great name and they have such a unique design to them. Monkey, monkey.

And I'm all here for Thai. Such an adorable little teapot creature. The colors on Thai make me feel happy inside.

Thank you very much! ^^ Yes, Thai is bean, Thai is bean <3 Timber goes by He/Him and Thai goes by He/They, in case you(and other people) are wondering :3

Also, I’m really enjoying seeing all these new characters already! :D @Dragon Cat, love your new oc, they have such a cool design! ^^
9 days ago, 7:36 PM #18
Just a quick and simple one.

9 days ago, 7:57 PM #19
^ Hi Pumpkin! I love their big floofy orange hair and the little leaves and stuff on their hat (?). Also digging the gold black outlines and simple yet effective shading going on.
9 days ago, 8:07 PM #20
He's not part of my comic but, I want an excuse to draw him more. Here is Philip, the demon goat.
Pages: 1 2 3